What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Broncos

Meth

Staff member
Who drops out? Kosi? Or Pompey?

1- Walsh
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Hiku
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Harris-Tavita
7- O'Sullivan
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Frei
11- Curran
12- Aitken
13- Tevaga

Res- Taunoa Brown, Afoa, Katoa, Nikorima

A bit of a dilemma there, because I want to play Sironen, but we're a prop short. Brown's rotation seemed to work out, I suppose. Obviously Evans is due back, but I'm not ready to see him again. Lodge is due back next week and he will probably push out JTB and Frei, all things going well.

This is such a makeshift team at the moment.

Meth

Staff member
Do we see Aitken as a second rower for the foreseeable future?

Do we see Murchie at the 18th man for the foreseeable future?

Whatever happened to Tom Ale?

JJ

Immortal
Overall much rather have Aitken ahead of Pompey, and Sironen play

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Aitken has been bloody good since he moved to the pigs. If we can find/pick up another quality centre, he might have found a new position. Gets through a lot more work then Katoa does in the same position.

Curran also looked alot better on the edge rather than the middle too in my opinion.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Aitken has been bloody good since he moved to the pigs. If we can find/pick up another quality centre, he might have found a new position. Gets through a lot more work then Katoa does in the same position.

Curran also looked alot better on the edge rather than the middle too in my opinion.
Our pack is stacked next year. I even think we’ve got hooked adequately covered, Egan is solid and Brown seems to now have Jazz up to standard to cover him while he’s off.
agree we could use a replacement for Hiku though, Berry looks promising but Pompey can be a bit of a plod, though I do like him as a hole runner when he winds up.

jaseg

Juniors
CHT didn't finish the game, so could be looking at a SOS/Chad combo

RE Aitken, might be another year at centre before a more permanent shift... just because we've got a lot of back rowers at the moment, and not that many good backs..

Meth

Staff member
CHT didn't finish the game, so could be looking at a SOS/Chad combo

RE Aitken, might be another year at centre before a more permanent shift... just because we've got a lot of back rowers at the moment, and not that many good backs..

Forgot about that with CHT

JJ

Immortal
Aitken will be good whether he’s centre or back row…. For me atm it’s whether we’re better with Pompey at centre or someone like Sironen in the back row… not sure there’s much debate there, we have good second rowers for Africa, and tbh when everyone is fit our pack is pretty bloody good…. Halves and centre’s not so much, especially with Hiku leaving and I’d Aitken stays in the pack…

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Yip, Aitken looks the goods in the forwards but as stated, if we’re short on centre’s surely he goes there.

a team of
3. Aitken
11. Katoa

looks better than a team of
3. Pompey
4. Aitken

Meth

Staff member
I'm with everyone. The only hesitation would be changing a winning team too much. We haven't had to deal with that issue for a long time. But yeah, Sironen and DWZ in, Kosi and Pompey out, I'd be happy.

nswarrior

Juniors
DWZ in for Kosi otherwise no changes to a winning team unless forced by injury

Pompeys tackle restarts were terrible but he deserves a 2nd chance for me. Hopefully he has learnt

Grizzman

Juniors
Pompey was terrible and has been terrible all year. He is slow, his side step is telegraphed and sluggish, he lays down in the tackle and costs penalties and I've yet to see him throw a try assist to his winger. Aitken has been great as loose forward but this week but SmashemBro is right ... Aitken/ Sirro is better than Aitken/ Pompey.

JJ

Immortal
Pompey was terrible and has been terrible all year. He is slow, his side step is telegraphed and sluggish, he lays down in the tackle and costs penalties and I've yet to see him throw a try assist to his winger. Aitken has been great as loose forward but this week but SmashemBro is right ... Aitken/ Sirro is better than Aitken/ Pompey.
Brutal, but on the money

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I agree. Nothing against the bloke but he's never seemed to me to be first grade standard.

I feel the same about JTB. I'm not sure what he is, or what he brings.

nswarrior

Juniors
Warriors: 1. Reece Walsh, 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, 3. Peta Hiku, 4. Adam Pompey, 5. Marcelo Montoya, 6. Chanel Harris-Tevita, 7. Sean O’Sullivan, 8. Addin Fonua-Blake, 9. Wayde Egan, 10. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, 11. Euan Aitken, 12. Josh Curran, 13. Bayley Sironen

Bench: 14. Kodi Nikorima, 15. Bunty Afoa, 16. Eliesa Katoa, 17. Jazz Tevaga

Reserves: 18. Edward Kosi, 20. Jackson Frei, 21. Jack Murchie, 22. Chad Townsend

TEAM NEWS: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (suspension) returns on the wing in place of Ed Kosi. The return of Bayley Sironen pushes Jazz Tevaga to the bench.

Latest posts