What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Bunnies

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Re-Shuffled Dragons Ready for Rabbitohs

Dragons coach Nathan Brown has made numerous changes to his side for the Dragons Round 9 clash with the Rabbitohs that is the culmination of the Red & White Festival of Football at WIN Stadium this Saturday.

The versatile Albert Torrens and Ben Creagh have been named in the centers in the absence of Mark Gasnier (wrist, 1 week) and Matt Cooper (groin – 1 week) who were ruled out of the city and country teams respectively on Monday.

Regular fullback Ben Hornby has been moved to halfback to replace Mathew Head (ankle – 6 weeks), Michael Ennis will start at Hooker and Dean Young in the Second Row.

Clint Greenshields (fullback), Nick Youngquest (wing) and Michael Henderson (bench) have been named in the NRL team for the first time this season and Ashton Sims returns to the NRL team on the interchange bench.

Saturday is an important day for the Dragons at WIN Stadium as St George DRLFC and the Illawarra Steelers RLFC play against each other in the semi-final of both the Harold Matthews and SG Ball competitions prior to the Dragons Premier League and NRL matches.

The Dragons Crystal Bears Women In League Program 2005 will also be launched at the game on this Mothers Day weekend.

NRL
v South Sydney
5.30pm Saturday 7 May
WIN Stadium
Coach: Nathan Brown

1. Clint GREENSHIELDS
2. Colin BEST
3. Albert TORRENS
4. Ben CREAGH
5. Nick YOUNGQUEST
6. Trent BARRETT (c)
7. Ben HORNBY
8. Luke BAILEY
9. Michael ENNIS
10. Jason RYLES
11. Dean YOUNG
12. Lance THOMPSON
13. Shaun TIMMINS

14. Ashton SIMS
15. Willie MANU
16. Michael HENDERSON
17. Justin POORE
Told ya Sims would be back. ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Premier League
v South Sydney
3.30pm Saturday 7 May
WIN Stadium
Coach: Michael Potter

1. Brett MORRIS
2. Josh MORRIS
3. Luke MERCER
4. Beau RYAN
5. Etu UAISELE
6. Daniel HOLDSWORTH
7. Keiran KERR
8. Danny WICKS
9. Aaron GORRELL (c)
10. Corey MAHER
11. Puna RASAUBALE
12. Aaron WHEATLEY
13. James JIMENEZ

15. Adam CAWLEY
16. Lawrie BAMBLETT
17. Wade HUMPHREYS
18. Jhi TANNER

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm not convinced shifting Hornby to half is the right move. He's been dynamic at fullback all year, one of the few consistent performers playing 2 or 3 wide of the ruck. Moving him closer may blunt his effectiveness. I would have left him at the back and promoted Kerr to first grade. But, in Brownie we trust.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm expecting that he'll play wider of the ruck. Barrett will possibly mix in closer in general play. We'll see what happens on match day.

Nugby

Juniors
I think having Hornby there will work better. Greenshields won't go too bad at fullback and Hornby went alright there after Head went off last week, I just want two solid players at half who won't be bothered by Cusack and such running at them and I believe having Hornby there will put less pressure on Barrett than using Kerr.

weasel

First Grade
Dammit, where's Corey Payne. #-o

That team can still beat Souths, but it also has enough chinks in the armour for them to cause an upset. :? I'm worried about this. Losing to Souths when our season is just getting back on track would be a disaster.

Dragon

Coach
Good to see Youngquest finally get a run. Fingers crossed about Coops and Gaz.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I think Payne is inuured, Weasel.

The game is there to be won in the forwards. The boys should hammer the Souths pack...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Souths:

1 Adam MacDougall
2 Luke MacDougall
3 Shannon Hegarty
4 Lee Hookey
5 Garth Wood
6 Ben Walker
7 Mick Moran
8 Peter Cusack
9 Shane Walker
10 Scott Geddes
11 Bryan Fletcher ©
12 David Fa’alogo
13 Ashley Harrison

Reserves
14 Mark Minichiello
15 Glenn Hall
16 Shane Rigon
17 Scott Logan

Dragons2005

Juniors
Hornby seemed to slot into the halfback role last weekend against the tigers. if i didnt see him do what he did on the weekend once head went off i would have been a bit worried myself :mrgreen:

Latest posts