What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Cowboys

Meth

Staff member
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Beale (I feel like there's enough momentum behind this that it might actually happen)
4- Hiku
5- Maumalo
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Green
8- Paasi
9- Luke
10- Ah Mau
11- Blair
12- Harris
13- Burr

Res- Tevaga, Afoa, Papali'i, Lisone

There are injury clouds over Paasi and Green- not sure who comes in if Paasi isn't fit. Sao? Satae?

If Green pulls up- Keighran? Definitely not Hiku again.

Also, Roache is due back.

Normally, I wouldn't be keen on Tevaga or Lisone, but they both played well in a team that played well and it's a short turnaround

Benek

Juniors
I'd love to see Roache back in if he's fit. Luke hasn't really proven he's brought his A-game yet this season, and I'd prefer some faster, younger legs. However, if Green is out I'd keep Luke starting for more experience on the field.

Benek

Juniors
And 100% agree we need Beale in for Kata. At least a few weeks to show that there's some accountability. I'd drop Hiku too if we could, but I don't think we can drop both.

vvvrulz

Coach
We've seen in the past if Hiku is adequately baby sat by Harris, he can hold up the fort well enough.
He definitely offers a thing or two on attack.

Kata on the other hand is no hope, and the worst part is as some have pointed out he's showed at times he *can* defend. He's simply just a dumb player.

Baseline Beale is the way to go with the options we have.
If we carry bad baggage into September like last year, it's a round one knockout.

Meth

Staff member
The best defensive position for Hiku is at fullback. Aside from that, he'll always be a bit of a liability.

I actually thought he got away with a pretty poor game on Saturday- playing out of position, sure, but he was much more 'rocks' than 'diamonds' and especially towards the crucial end of the match. Let's face it- we just don't have a good, proven centre pairing available.

I'd be happiest with a Luke/Roache hooker combination- but Tevaga was great on the weekend, so that complicates things somewhat.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
This is the same backline I picked last week and I still believe it's the best all round backline we have.

1. RTS
2. Fus
3. Ayshford
4. Beale
5. Hiku

A complete change of the centres is something we all want for defensive purposes. Hiku is probably the worst defender but he can finish and right now we need finishers (wingers in other words).

If this backline faced the Rabbits we may have won.

vvvrulz

Coach
This is the same backline I picked last week and I still believe it's the best all round backline we have.

1. RTS
2. Fus
3. Ayshford
4. Beale
5. Hiku

A complete change of the centres is something we all want for defensive purposes. Hiku is probably the worst defender but he can finish and right now we need finishers (wingers in other words).

If this backline faced the Rabbits we may have won.

No Maumalo?

I’m not his biggest fan but he goes ok making metres given our limited options. Hiku won’t give you hitups

spear tackle

Juniors
I'd love to see Roache back in if he's fit. Luke hasn't really proven he's brought his A-game yet this season, and I'd prefer some faster, younger legs. However, if Green is out I'd keep Luke starting for more experience on the field.

Me too, I'd like to see Roach in tandem with Lawton , I'm starting to think with Luke injuries are starting to catch up with him and he may not last much longer which is a pity I've enjoyed watching him play over the years be it for the Warriors, Kiwis or Souths. The other issue is do you drop Jazz or keep him because he offers plenty in other ways as well.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
No Maumalo?

I’m not his biggest fan but he goes ok making metres given our limited options. Hiku won’t give you hitups
We need finishers. Hiku WILL do the hit ups and he might not make the yards Ken does but Hiku does have a better chance of finishing those tries thats gone begging. We all know Hiku can attack, Ken doesn't even beat the first man.

Storm, Roosters, they don't have big prop type wingers and they do just fine.

I wouldn't have Ken in my backline thats all.

Meth

Staff member
I actually agree that Ayshford and Beale are safer centre options, at least based on what we've seen in the past- and I'd take safety over heart attacks every time teams spread the ball any day- but the club has made it pretty clear that they see Ayshford as a backup second rower now.

Iron Lion

Juniors
All you guys make great team selections if you want to win a wooden spoon.

Asyhford is nowhere close to NRL level. Stop talking about the guy.

Luke is rubbish now. Said it and got laughed at. He sucks. look with your eyes. HE SUCKS.

Kata - I agree. He has not progressed at all. Should of has not.

Beale - plain vanilla. Wont win you games. Fill in ability only.

Papailii - Why is this guy in the team? someone remind me. What good does he do? What is the upside to his game? Wasted team spot.

Hiku - Simply not consistent enough with what he does right.

Warriors need to look at giving Milne, Satae and Herbert game time now.

Herbert and Pompey, in particular, are banging down the door.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kata needs to go to reserve grade and learn to be a forward.

He can tackle blokes who run at him, the moment he needs to make a decision, he gets it wrong 7 of 10.

Needs to go talk to Ruben Wiki, he did this.

Or become a plumber or something, no future as a centre.

Leber

Bench
Forget about ayshford and Milne in the centres. They are being trained up to be out and out second rowers.

Pompey and Herbert need a run soon at the expense of kata.

Leber

Bench
Playing at home against a somewhat injury weakened cowboys team is the perfect time to blood herbert