What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Doggies

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Pompey
4. Viliame
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ - Keeps his place after yesterday

8. AFB
9. Lussick
10 Afoa
11 Ford
12 Niukura
13 Harris

14 Walker
15 Ale
16 Curran
17 Tevaga

18. Tauapiki

Looks like Egan will have serve the 11 day stand down the NRL have bought in. Barnett left in a neck brace so he would be doubt full.
Charnze comes straight back in for me as does Dallin.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Egan is a huge loss.

Lussick is a handy replacement, but Wade was really coming good..

Is Metcalf still broken, like usual.

JJ

Immortal
Always liked Egan, showing his value more and more

I’d be tempted to keep the kid at the back and play CNK at centre, liking what Webster is about so sure he’s got a plan

Meth

Staff member
I’d be tempted to keep the kid at the back and play CNK at centre, liking what Webster is about so sure he’s got a plan

Same, but Webster has already said that if CNK is fit, he'll play fullback

Meth

Staff member
1- Nicoll-Klokstad- like JJ, I'd go Tuaupiki, but Webster said he won't be, so no point speculating.
2- Kosi- DWZ is still another week away, apparently
3- Vailea
4- Pompey- no word on Wiliame's availability
5- Montoya
6- Martin
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Lussick
10- Barnett/Afoa
11- Curran/Ford
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Ale, Tevaga, Walker, Afoa/Ford/Sironen

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
1- Nicoll-Klokstad- like JJ, I'd go Tuaupiki, but Webster said he won't be, so no point speculating.
2- Kosi- DWZ is still another week away, apparently
3- Vailea
4- Pompey- no word on Wiliame's availability
5- Montoya
6- Martin
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Lussick
10- Barnett/Afoa
11- Curran/Ford
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Ale, Tevaga, Walker, Afoa/Ford/Sironen
I’ll take that. Lussick in for Egan, otherwise don’t mess with what worked this week.

Can Metcalf play centre? SJ and TMM look like they’re clicking as a combo, best game I’ve seen from either so far yesterday and not inclined to change that.
Still not super convinced by the Pompey/Williame/Vailea combos. Back three is looking excellent with depth at both FB and wing now.
Forward pack is humming, I think this week showed what our top combo looks like bar injuries. If Barnett isn’t fit might be worth blooding a new bloke off the bench against the Dogs at home.

Meth

Staff member
I’ll take that. Lussick in for Egan, otherwise don’t mess with what worked this week.

Can Metcalf play centre? SJ and TMM look like they’re clicking as a combo, best game I’ve seen from either so far yesterday and not inclined to change that.
Still not super convinced by the Pompey/Williame/Vailea combos. Back three is looking excellent with depth at both FB and wing now.
Forward pack is humming, I think this week showed what our top combo looks like bar injuries. If Barnett isn’t fit might be worth blooding a new bloke off the bench against the Dogs at home.

Not sure if Metcalf can play centre, but he's injured for a few more rounds at least. Our centre options are Wiliame, Pompey, Vailea, Berry and then Nicoll-Klokstad, Walker, Niukore and Montoya if we want to move people out of their primary positions.

If Barnett isn't fit, Ford can come in. Or Sironen. We're still blooding Ale, which is going well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not sure if Metcalf can play centre, but he's injured for a few more rounds at least. Our centre options are Wiliame, Pompey, Vailea, Berry and then Nicoll-Klokstad, Walker, Niukore and Montoya if we want to move people out of their primary positions.

If Barnett isn't fit, Ford can come in. Or Sironen. We're still blooding Ale, which is going well.
Yeah happy with Ford/Sironen there.

wouldn’t move Walker/Niukore/Montoya, CNK possibly as Tuaupiki looks the goods.
How’s Rocco Jeremy been looking in NSW cup? I presume the fact that he’s still in the squad means the coaches still see potential in him.

Meth

Staff member
I don’t particular love Sironen. Depth signing for me.

Unsure about Ford. He was obviously great v Knights and in pre-season.

I guess my idea would be 11- Curran 12- Niukore 13- Harris at the moment. Still want Barnett in the middle, as without him we are short there.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I don’t particular love Sironen. Depth signing for me.

Unsure about Ford. He was obviously great v Knights and in pre-season.

I guess my idea would be 11- Curran 12- Niukore 13- Harris at the moment. Still want Barnett in the middle, as without him we are short there.
Ford/Afoa/Walker/Tevaga is probably our #1 bench currently assuming Barnett and Curran both start. Ale next cab off the rank followed by Sironen. Our pack isn’t looking quite so paper thin, thankfully.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Barnett
12. Niukore
13. Harris

This is actually a top 8, dare I say top 4 forward pack. If we can get our 1-7 somewhere close to this, good things are coming. Credit to recruitment.

Barnett looks great in the middle and on the edge, with Tohu going close to 80 in the middle and Tevaga back, I wouldn't mind him starting on the edge tbh and he can sub into the middle of required mid game. Curran unfortunately misses out and has to get a bench spot.

Meth

Staff member
Honestly, I'd start to question whether Ale is ahead of Afoa. Ale was impeccable in his short stint on the weekend. Also, what was up with Afoa? Didn't come on for another shift.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Personally I’d keep Curran in the starting side and move Bunty to the bench- I just think that suits both players strengths better.

Meth

Staff member
The good thing is that we have front row forwards who are very effective and call play big minutes (Barnett and AFB), leaving room for impact forwards. Ale really seems to fit that mould and he was barnstorming on the weekend

Latest posts