What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dragons

Wow - I am suddenly interested in the season again. I know it’s only for the rest of the season but it will be interesting to see how we play with a competent half and Walsh at fullback
Is Walsh really going back to fullback? It would seem stupid to drop Montoya or DWZ from the wing to accommodate RTS again. Let's hope Walsh goes well in Origin and it convinces Brown that he is tough enough to play in the halves with Chad.

I was foggy about it too, right up until this morning when I checked.

'Stand-Alone Origin', there's not too many fans keen on the idea. It's winter, it's bleak, let's have our Wednesday night Origin, followed by our weekend of footy.
Without the other international games it is stupid as a stand alone. We are basically all in Aussie so why nothing organised? NZ vs Tonga? Samoa vs Cook Islands? PNG and England a bit hard to pull together a team I suspect.
Very poor planning. What is wrong with the international organisations?

Sanchez

Coach
I have no idea why he wont play RTS at centre, but id guess at this point it will be Montoya and Berry will drop to the extended

jaseg

Juniors
Without the other international games it is stupid as a stand alone. We are basically all in Aussie so why nothing organised? NZ vs Tonga? Samoa vs Cook Islands? PNG and England a bit hard to pull together a team I suspect.
Very poor planning. What is wrong with the international organisations?

Would've been fun to see a NZ vs Pasifika one off match given pandemic circumstances (Tonga would normally want to bring guys like Konny, Tui & Ata back from the UK in non-pandemic times, I'm sure Samoa would have some too and Fiji always seem to have some squad players based in Fiji, and others in UK - so combine them for a one off exhibition!).

I agree though, without the whole group of games it falls flat as a weekend matchup. As far as I've seen there doesn't seem to be even the other Origins on? Could be wrong, but haven't seen anything about the womens, u20, u18 etc games?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Makes sense.
We seem to be recruiting fairly well recently...Walsh, AFB, Penne, DWZ... the Townsend signing also makes sense

Blair

Coach
Sheer bad luck, Aitken and Curran are into two weeks isolation. They were on the Virgin Airlines flight with the infected crew member.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS​

6.00pm, Friday, July 2, 2021

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)

2 DALLIN WATENE-ZELEZNIAK

3 ADAM POMPEY

4 MARCELO MONTOYA

5 EDWARD KOSI

6 KODI NIKORIMA

7 CHAD TOWNSEND

8 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE