What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dragons

nswarrior

Juniors

VODAFONE WARRIORS v ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS​

6.00pm, Friday, July 2, 2021

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)

2 DALLIN WATENE-ZELEZNIAK

3 ADAM POMPEY

4 MARCELO MONTOYA

5 EDWARD KOSI

6 KODI NIKORIMA

7 CHAD TOWNSEND

8 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE

9 WAYDE EGAN

10 KANE EVANS

11 ELIESA KATOA

12 BEN MURDOCH-MASILA

13 TOHU HARRIS

Interchange:

14 JAZZ TEVAGA

15 LEESON AH MAU

16 BUNTY AFOA

17 BAYLEY SIRONEN

18 ROCCO BERRY

20 JACK MURCHIE

21 TANIELA OTUKOLO

22 SEAN O’SULLIVAN
Solid looking team - this should answer the question of whether a quality half makes a big difference to the team

I also hope Taniela gets in the 17, we need to give him some game time if Egan and him give a solid option for Hooker next year

SmashEmBro

Juniors
That’s probably our best pack moving forward IMO, with the slight exception of Curran starting for BMM, who drops to the the bench with Sironen making way.

Touch wood - two wins, no injuries and Curran, Aitken and Walsh back in the next few rounds so we can field our best team moving forward

Big Marn

Juniors
this team really gets mucked around by the amount of personnel changes from week to week. Not sure how combos are supposed to be generated etc. Not sure why people expect them to win.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
this team really gets mucked around by the amount of personnel changes from week to week. Not sure how combos are supposed to be generated etc. Not sure why people expect them to win.

Fair point. I guess as fans we have an expectation every week, otherwise we lose complete heart. But yeah, the lack of solidarity in what we've done for the last 2 years for so many reasons (coaches, COVID, injuries etc), no team makes the finals in those situations. I guess the main thing we want to see is guys getting stuck in, getting better and developing individually (and collectively where we can) ahead of reasonably normal circumstances (hopefully) in 2022.

Then again, the change to no RTS, SJ coming back in etc, guys who have never lived in NZ who now will be, that's another transition.

nswarrior

Juniors
SOS has been named at 6.

Kodi "injured" is code for "currently signing contract with Titans"
The team was looking good for tonight until SOS came into it. Hope he does better than the last game.
Kodi seems uninterested in playing for the Warriors so no point hanging onto him. I thought he would have gone well with SJ.
He is a total dick though for taking up the player option and then trying to get out of it.
We need another half for next season now.

Big Marn

Juniors
The team was looking good for tonight until SOS came into it. Hope he does better than the last game.
Kodi seems uninterested in playing for the Warriors so no point hanging onto him. I thought he would have gone well with SJ.
He is a total dick though for taking up the player option and then trying to get out of it.
We need another half for next season now.
No loyalty with mercs. Warriors should know that by now.

Sanchez

Coach
I wonder if we arent better off letting Townsend do everything organizationally and kicking and playing Sironen(Or Harris? yikes tho) at 6. SOS and Townsend together doesnt seem optimal in the same way that Nikorima and CHT wasnt

waipiro

Juniors
SOS is crap.

We better be ahead by 18 in the last ten because he can’t close a game out
Yep he was mud last game but was pretty fair previously. To be fair we shouldnt be expecting him to close out the game anyway when townsend is there. The guy is 22 and barely played over a dozen games.
Definately not an exciting halves pairing but hopefully they keep it simple and get some momentum off the back of our forwards

Last edited:

Latest posts