What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Eels

JohnDoe

Juniors
Every coach has a favourite that they pick regardless of form or better players in his position and for Nathan Brown that is Josh Curran, should not be in the team ahead of either Jack Murchie or Elise Katoa. His Hands are awful and as we saw against Manly it cost the team dearly.

Every coach has a favourite that they pick regardless of form or better players in his position and for Nathan Brown that is Josh Curran, should not be in the team ahead of either Jack Murchie or Elise Katoa. His Hands are awful and as we saw against Manly it cost the team dearly.
I think effort is getting Curran across the line? Not sure tho and agree a rest will be needed with a repeat of last week again.

TheDMC

Bench
I think effort is getting Curran across the line? Not sure tho and agree a rest will be needed with a repeat of last week again.

Yeah I think he should be sitting out this week. Unless you are an established star or there are no good backup options, you can't have three loose carries in a game and not be punished. One is bad enough.

sup42

Juniors
I have a soft spot for Kosi.

Seeing he had tears in his eyes at the end of the Cowboys game endeared me to his plight.

He was never meant to play in first grade this season. He was working night shifts in a Warehouse taking one night off to sleep so he could play in the Fox memorial.

He dropped a stone in weight to come into contention as an outsider in preseason.

He is a monster at Six foot four and 103-7kg. He is quicker than Ken and I am thinking the Warriors need to start looking at life after Fus...who may never come back.

The club claim the Fus's hamstrings are keeping him out of grade, but there are strong rumors from reliable sources that Fus is dealing with some kind of crisis.

Unfortunately someone from Fox memorial straight into the NRL is going to have defensive issues.

I would have liked to have seen what Kosi next to a seasoned defender like Aitken looks like.

Curran is the other that seems out of favor after one disastrous game with his hands. Most every player has one of those a season, I would hope the Warriors view that as a one off and keep the guy around.

He has mongrel and he is very accurate defensively. I think he has a big future outside of Walsh, given the time to bed in that combination.

Reactions: JJ

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I have a soft spot for Kosi.

Seeing he had tears in his eyes at the end of the Cowboys game endeared me to his plight.

He was never meant to play in first grade this season. He was working night shifts in a Warehouse taking one night off to sleep so he could play in the Fox memorial.

He dropped a stone in weight to come into contention as an outsider in preseason.

He is a monster at Six foot four and 103-7kg. He is quicker than Ken and I am thinking the Warriors need to start looking at life after Fus...who may never come back.

The club claim the Fus's hamstrings are keeping him out of grade, but there are strong rumors from reliable sources that Fus is dealing with some kind of crisis.

Unfortunately someone from Fox memorial straight into the NRL is going to have defensive issues.

I would have liked to have seen what Kosi next to a seasoned defender like Aitken looks like.

Curran is the other that seems out of favor after one disastrous game with his hands. Most every player has one of those a season, I would hope the Warriors view that as a one off and keep the guy around.

He has mongrel and he is very accurate defensively. I think he has a big future outside of Walsh, given the time to bed in that combination.

the club confirmed that Fus is dealing with mental health issues a week or so back. They had been keeping it quiet for him but someone outed him to the media so they confirmed it.

JJ

Immortal
Parramatta knew the risk and threw the dice, allowing this will stuff it up down the track when all other teams do what Parra did this time.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/12/browns-timely-reminder-of-sacrifices-made-by-warriors/
yep, but this is hysterical

"Arthur lives at home with his father but despite Jakob being unable to enter the team bubble until they arrive in Queensland, there are no restrictions on Brad coaching the team."

If I am reading that right, they live together... so he's already part of this imaginary bubble

yep, but this is hysterical

"Arthur lives at home with his father but despite Jakob being unable to enter the team bubble until they arrive in Queensland, there are no restrictions on Brad coaching the team."

If I am reading that right, they live together... so he's already part of this imaginary bubble

Let's call it a venn diagram then! :)

Just annoying other clubs pulled their players from playing NSW cup etc and Parra didn't, so claim an unfair advantage in the form of match fitness vs other teams in comp.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Let's call it a venn diagram then! :)

Just annoying other clubs pulled their players from playing NSW cup etc and Parra didn't, so claim an unfair advantage in the form of match fitness vs other teams in comp.
Clearly Parra haven’t done the right thing, but in health terms he’s in the bubble anyway

The bunker is representative of league in general I guess

sup42

Juniors
Aitken will be really good for us, AFB was the marquee signing but Aitken is a seriously good NRL centre, and with Hiku when fit we have different threats
In the general view of Warriors signings Aitken was ranked #2.

The good news for us has been BMM taking that second spot. Not that it diminishes the significance of Aitkens signing.

Relative to a Warriors baseline, our backline has sped up significantly.

Walsh
Aitken
Berry

If Montoya comes back into contention then potentially, we will have a genuinely quick go to option for an edge...any edge Ken is not part of.

I think that is ok, if Ken is the only slow guy out there we are really getting somewhere.

When you add in RTS Kodi and CHT to the discussion, collectively we will have transformed from a slow train to a high speed rail network.

Peter O'Sullivan really knew what he was doing when he threw these pieces together.

Even Kosi is faster than Ken....and may be his eventual replacement on the wing one day.

Leber

Bench
I'm a bit surprised at the Aitken love on here. All the Dragons supporters were jumping for joy when he signed with us because they were thrilled to get rid of him.

Kinda like how we felt with Papalii..... Oh wait.

Big Marn

Juniors
im abit reluctant to watch this game today. With the ref bias we have endured over the years, i get the feeling we could get at least 4 in the bin and 1 send off today. Thats how im feeling at the moment.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
im abit reluctant to watch this game today. With the ref bias we have endured over the years, i get the feeling we could get at least 4 in the bin and 1 send off today. Thats how im feeling at the moment.

I think it could go the other way to be honest, I feel this will be more of an equaliser. Refs have been put on notice to stamp this stuff out - Eels can’t get away with anything. In theory!

Anyways, we’ve played pretty well the last month even if we didn’t get the chockies. A few players returning from injuries, Eels down on a few players, I’m looking forward to the contest, should be a good one!

sup42

Juniors
Game day and I'm quite relaxed. No one's expecting us to win, are they?
Me too.

Very relaxed and it is still an hour till beer O'clock.

No reason we should win over the team that beat the Storm, Roosters, Raiders, Panthers.

Mind you I never believed in expecting to win against anyone in the NRL...because it is the NRL...and there are 15 groups of fans who expect to win against the Warriors every week...so....the maths does not add up....expecting to win is insanity.

Big Marn

Juniors
I think it could go the other way to be honest, I feel this will be more of an equaliser. Refs have been put on notice to stamp this stuff out - Eels can’t get away with anything. In theory!

Anyways, we’ve played pretty well the last month even if we didn’t get the chockies. A few players returning from injuries, Eels down on a few players, I’m looking forward to the contest, should be a good one!
The refs not Cecchin is it? Hes screwed us so many times his nickname should be Makita....

Leber

Bench
I think this could be an absolute blowout. Eels full strength, we lose Evans at the last minute, jazz at prop etc.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong tho.

Latest posts