What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Manly

Penrose_11

Juniors
I’d give Adam Keighran the reigns for a couple of weeks and see how that goes. CHT certainly isn’t skilled enough yet to lead us around the field. Direct swap with Green and remaining 16 to stay the same.

Big Marn

Juniors
NRL stats showed Green was leading in 40/20s and second in kicking metres - so he wasnt completely terrible. It was just that the time between his last good game and his next bad game was getting shorter and shorter. So no issues with moving him on. He will get some time on the field with Watson out with an achilles.

Big Marn

Juniors
I’d give Adam Keighran the reigns for a couple of weeks and see how that goes. CHT certainly isn’t skilled enough yet to lead us around the field. Direct swap with Green and remaining 16 to stay the same.
was it Keighrans defence that was always the issue? I seem to remember Potato hooking him midgame and then he rarely got a sniff after that.
Not that CHT's defence is anything to write home about. I would be happy to give Keighran another go. Hes a gun goalkicker too.

Meth

Staff member
We have a chance to skyrocket into 11th with a win here.

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Herbert
3- Pompey
4- Hiku
5- Jennings
6- Nikorima
7- Green
8- Burr
9- Lawton
10- Hetherington
11- Katoa
12- Papali'i
13- Harris

Res- Taunoa-Brown, Blair, Egan, Murchie

Out- Tevaga, Alvaro
In- Papali'i, Murchie

Keighran for Green. Straight swap

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Roache supposed to be fit to play from end of July. Could be an option somewhere in the 17?

yes. We don’t have a 100% convincing hooking option yet. Plus he needs to prove he can string some games together without breaking down to assess his future.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Brendan Elliot
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Tevita Funa
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Cade Cust
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Danny Levi
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Corey Waddell
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

18. Haumole Olakau'atu
19. Abbis Miski
20. Morgan Boyle
21. Albert Hopoate

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I'm all for Keighran getting a go, but what is our plan moving forward?

If the plan is CHT long term, surely you get him in there now to get as much game time as possible. I agree CHT has issues in his game but if the idea is that he's starting round 1 next year, I'd prefer he got the last 8 games this year to build and develop

waipiro

Juniors
NRL stats showed Green was leading in 40/20s and second in kicking metres - so he wasnt completely terrible. It was just that the time between his last good game and his next bad game was getting shorter and shorter. So no issues with moving him on. He will get some time on the field with Watson out with an achilles.

I reckon his constant bombing from long range really boosted his kick meters...although got to admit he was pretty good at a 40/20

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Personally I find kick metres a rubbish stat, and it is based a lot around the strength of a forward pack

Behind a good pack that makes 50-60m a set you’re getting less metreage to work with than an average pack making 40-50m a set

Big Marn

Juniors
Personally I find kick metres a rubbish stat, and it is based a lot around the strength of a forward pack

Behind a good pack that makes 50-60m a set you’re getting less metreage to work with than an average pack making 40-50m a set
True. Plus I was constantly annoyed with his touch finders when we got a penalty. He would make about 20metres (sometimes less), whereas SJ used to get much more yardage - on the whole.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
TAB odds have me baffled with this one, Warriors up over $4, personally I think it is a reasonably even contest

I’d probably have something around $1.70 v $2.10 Manlys favour based on the rev up from DCE and Des last week and Des’ 400th game in charge as well

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
TAB odds have me baffled with this one, Warriors up over $4, personally I think it is a reasonably even contest

I’d probably have something around $1.70 v $2.10 Manlys favour based on the rev up from DCE and Des last week and Des’ 400th game in charge as well
If Manly was $1.70 I'd be chucking the house on it. Its at Brookie remember, a week after they got embarrassed, and we are coming off a win which historically means we lose the next week lol. Bookies are spot on I reckon

Big Marn

Juniors
If Manly was $1.70 I'd be chucking the house on it. Its at Brookie remember, a week after they got embarrassed, and we are coming off a win which historically means we lose the next week lol. Bookies are spot on I reckon
Plus Manly lost to red hot Penrith, their bench rotation got mucked up due to the injuries, and we just lost our playmaker.