What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V panthers trial

oldmancraigy

Coach
How pedestrian is that pack.

I've highlighted in bold who I would show the door in 2014.

You made a mistake with your bolding, I've fixed it for you:

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Cheyse Blair
3. Ryan Morgan
4. Willie Tonga
5. Ken Sio
6. Luke Kelly
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Ben Smith
12. Matt Ryan
13. Joe Paulo
14. Ben Roberts
15. Fuifui Moimoi
16. Mitchell Allgood
17. Ken Edwards
18. Jacob Loko

Hopefully we get some first graders for that season?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Is it just me or is that an average side that will become even more average if we get a few injuries ?

It's definitely an average team! But are we surprised?

Take the wooden spoon winning side, miss out on the few signings that could possibly have made a small difference, and voila! This is what we still have :(

jimmy77au

Juniors
so much positivity....

half these players will be off contract at the end of this year - they'll lift if they want a contract Anywhere!

not expecting a miracle run to the top 8 - by any stretch of the imagination - but I look at the Penriff team and think that they're not any better than ours.....probably worse.

Avenger

Immortal
So u don't rate Paulo Avenger?

Buddy I want to like him, I really do but I just don't see it. He has some ball skills but tends to crab sideways too often and he just doesn't have the power like the player we always like to compare him to (ie Mateo).

Happy to be proven wrong.

Joely01

Bench
I really don't understand the hate towards Ken Sio, watch his first about 10 games of last season and he was one of our best, he then suffered like most of our squad with confidence, which for a kid when you are in a team that is struggling and have a coach who has no idea what's he is doing, you can start to understand the form dip.

I'm predicting Sio to be one of our best this year.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I really don't understand the hate towards Ken Sio, watch his first about 10 games of last season and he was one of our best, he then suffered like most of our squad with confidence, which for a kid when you are in a team that is struggling and have a coach who has no idea what's he is doing, you can start to understand the form dip.

I'm predicting Sio to be one of our best this year.

I didn't see the first trial, but from what I've heard Sio fumbled the ball a few times when it was kicked to him.

If he can't defuse bombs or pick up the rolling ball without gifting the opposition a try, then he's a very dicey first grade proposition.

I'd rather have a less capable finisher who doesn't just hand over a try every 2nd match.

I didn't see the first trial, but from what I've heard Sio fumbled the ball a few times when it was kicked to him.

If he can't defuse bombs or pick up the rolling ball without gifting the opposition a try, then he's a very dicey first grade proposition.

I'd rather have a less capable finisher who doesn't just hand over a try every 2nd match.

We have plenty of squad members falling into that category.

Joely01

Bench
Why do people read so much into trials, I couldn't care if we got beat by 100. For me a trial is a win if you survive without injuries. If I was a first grade player there is no way I go into a trial and play my heart out, if I was a coach I wouldn't be pushing the players to much either.

Why do people read so much into trials, I couldn't care if we got beat by 100. For me a trial is a win if you survive without injuries. If I was a first grade player there is no way I go into a trial and play my heart out, if I was a coach I wouldn't be pushing the players to much either.

You've convinced me. Top 4 here we come!!

Avenger

Immortal

Most of our players played like it was a trial during all of season 2012.

We have never needed a bigger broom since about 2004.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I wouldnt care if we got beat last week, if we showed abit of consistency and did the basics right, but we couldnt even do that. The Tigers didn't bust their gut, they didn't have to against us...

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach

So that applies only to 1 of the teams on the park orrrrrr both??

I'm thinking that if the 'not trying too hard' thing is true, then it's true for both teams. And if we're not competitive at all, then it still makes some point?

However, just one game, and wasn't our best squad (though not far off it) - you can't lose a regular season game until round 1.

Onwards and upwards boys, we're equal first!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Gee there are some harsh markers here. I am usually the one accused of being a nark or negative thinker but I see far more potential in this side than some of you.

Not the biggest Sio fan but he was everyone's glory boy this time last year.
Paulo provided all our attack in the final part of the season and people want him gone?
Blair and Morgan have a real opportunity this year to build on last year.
We all want Loko to have a huge year, take the centre spot and make us all think Israel who?
There are a few more that I think are better than they have been rating in here.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Not the biggest Sio fan but he was everyone's glory boy this time last year.

Yeah but then he started playing footy and dropping the pill all the time....

Blair and Morgan have a real opportunity this year to build on last year.

It'd be hard not to build on it? No great heights were reached....

We all want Loko to have a huge year, take the centre spot and make us all think Israel who?

:clap:

Sensai Cobra

Juniors

I was there and Yes, very much. He cannot catch, he doesn't even catch the odd one by mistake.

He was instrumental in nearly all the tigers try's on sat night, Loko to the wing and sio to wenty.

Last edited:

Latest posts