What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Raiders

Meth

Staff member
1- Walsh
2- Ratuva
3- Arthars
4- Berry
5- Pompey
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Lodge
11- Aitken
12- Murchie
13- Tevaga

Res- Pene, Afoa, Murdoch-Masila, Katoa

Dire stuff

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
He's not gonna be here next year and we have enough back rowers so Aitken should go back to centre for a while.

Meth

Staff member
He's not gonna be here next year and we have enough back rowers so Aitken should go back to centre for a while.

I think that's one of those decisions that there's agreement on, but also a feeling that it just won't happen.

He is playing well in the second row, so there's also a sense that when things aren't going well, you don't want to change the things that are.

Also, as bad as things might be in the centres, they're worse on the wings. Right now, with Montoya and DWZ out, our already scant options are Kosi, Ratuva, Pompey....yick

Meth

Staff member
I still don't quite know what to do with the likes of Berry and Vailea. Do we give them an extended run? Or hold them back to work on their game? Probably why I am not an NRL coach

Tongue

Juniors
1- Walsh
2- Ratuva
3- Arthars
4- Berry
5- Pompey
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Lodge
11- Aitken
12- Murchie
13- Tevaga

Res- Pene, Afoa, Murdoch-Masila, Katoa

Dire stuff
Pene charged Grade 2 - hes gone.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I still don't quite know what to do with the likes of Berry and Vailea. Do we give them an extended run? Or hold them back to work on their game? Probably why I am not an NRL coach
I'm not sure with Berry either. I feel like he's probably better being down in ressies, learning about the game. I think Brown said he'd played 20 games of league total, and the NRL is too hard of a school to be learning on the fly. Maybe go back up to first grade later in the year when he's more accustomed to how to be a centre in senior footy.

Scott

Bench
Berry has to play. He has brains and can actually tackle. Far more upside than Kosi, Arthurs, Pompey etc.

vvvrulz

Coach
Who would've thought we'd be in a position where we're sweating the return of Marcelo Montoya.

Want to see BMM get a proper return dig, he was going well for a bit last year.

Tongue

Juniors
1- Nikorima
2- Ratuva
3- Vailea
4- Aitken
5- Berry
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Walsh
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Lodge
11- Katoa
12- Murchie
13- Tevaga

Res- Afoa, Murdoch-Masila, V. Kepu, Otukolo

flippikat

Bench
Honestly - we just need 17 guys who agree that last night's 2nd half was totally unacceptable, and have a steely determination to take it out on the Raiders next week.

The game vs the Raiders is winnable, and vital to the psychological well-being of the club.

Win that, and we may avoid the kinda spiral that has the team way off the pace by the end of Origin.

JJ

Immortal
Who would've thought we'd be in a position where we're sweating the return of Marcelo Montoya.

Want to see BMM get a proper return dig, he was going well for a bit last year.
that's the story of BMM's NRL career though

and lol on Montoya, sad but true

Meth

Staff member

VODAFONE WARRIORS v CANBERRA RAIDERS

Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe

3.00pm, Saturday, April 30

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 REECE WALSH

2 ROCCO BERRY

3 JESSE ARTHARS

4 ADAM POMPEY

5 VILIAMI VAILEA

6 CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA

7 SHAUN JOHNSON

8 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE (c)

9 WAYDE EGAN

10 MATT LODGE

11 EUAN AITKEN

12 BAYLEY SIRONEN

13 JAZZ TEVAGA

Extended bench:

14 TANIELA OTUKOLO

15 BUNTY AFOA

16 ELIESA KATOA

17 JACK MURCHIE

18 EDWARD KOSI

20 BEN MURDOCH-MASILA

21 DAEJARN ASI

22 PRIDE PETTERSON-ROBATI

23 JUNIOR RATUVA

24 VALINGI KEPU

25 JACKSON FREI

Head coach | Nathan BROWN

So-
Berry, Vailea, Katoa, Murchie in
DWZ, Curran, Pene, Kosi out

Blair

Coach
Montoya's a loss, regardless of what we think of his limitations.

He has a decent go, and is even a bit an on-field nutter that opposition players are wary of. Ditto Lodge, which is why I like them both.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

He has a decent go, and is even a bit an on-field nutter that opposition players are wary of. Ditto Lodge, which is why I like them both.
Lodge is probably more feared in the NRLW ;)

Matua

Bench

Are players really wary of Lodge? They're not two young women and a family with a child. I reckon most front rowers will happily have a go at him. None of the Storm front rowers were quaking in their boots facing him.