What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Roosters

Meth

Staff member
No injuries that I know of

1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak/ Kosi
3- Wiliame
4- Vailea
5- Montoya
6- Martin
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Ford
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Walker, Curran, Ale, Afoa

LeagueNut

First Grade
No possible judiciary issues either I don't think? Should be able to keep a settled team, I agree that the centre positions seem to be the most open for tweaking at the moment.

Do we have any other goalkickers??

One hoodoo to try and overcome this weekend - no Warriors coach has ever won both of their first two matches.

Meth

Staff member
To be fair, I think Wellington is a pretty tough venue to kick

No injuries that I know of

1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak/ Kosi
3- Wiliame
4- Vailea
5- Montoya
6- Martin
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Ford
12- Niukore
13- Harris

Res- Walker, Curran, Ale, Afoa
No SJ please and i think Pompey was solid last night

No possible judiciary issues either I don't think? Should be able to keep a settled team, I agree that the centre positions seem to be the most open for tweaking at the moment.

Do we have any other goalkickers??

One hoodoo to try and overcome this weekend - no Warriors coach has ever won both of their first two matches.
Pompey and Montoya can kick

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If I am the coach SJ your kicking license is cancelled.

128082-125383-coronavirus-licence-cancelled.webp

I am not sure of the replacement, but kicks offs, kick for touch, kick for goals, dropout. No longer you, you simply do not concentrate.

Attacking kicks near the line allowed ONLY! Run the ball and 1 mid field bomb and I am hooking you!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I thought SJ improved from the Melbourne trial and did more than TMM on Friday so he’s still there for mine. Needs less of the bombs to nowhere in particular though.

Meth

Staff member
Halves combinations take some time to get. For Round 1, I think we ought to be pretty happy. I get the frustration with Johnson, but I thought he went ok. I think we ought to stick with CNK/TMM/Johnson/ Egan for the first several weeks, if we can.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah I'm not hating on SJ for that one. even the first try he got beaten by a good line as much as any lack of effort on his part, he was sliding outwards and the attack came back inside.

He just comes across as hesitant/scared when there is or about to be contact. This is where i see no effort.

For example when Hymel Hunt went over in the corner in the first half, Johnson was the last defender there. Now he was next to no chance to stop the try but there was no effort for contact. He just ran across his path. If that was RTS or Montoya they just fly in and try to bash the player or dislodge the ball. For all of Walshes defencive troubles he even went flying into the wingers in the corner. With Johnson its nothing

vvvrulz

Coach
We won 5 opening games in 2018.

Boy that doesn't feel that long ago! I recall matches against the Bunnies and Roosters which were about as inspired as I've seen us play in the last decade.

Made the playoffs for the first time in ages, RTS limped off early and that was that.