What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks

Meth

Staff member
Seems as if we go through rep round ok.

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Hiku
4- Beale
5- Maumalo
6- Green
7- Johnson
8- Gavet
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Papalii
12- Harris
13- Blair

Res- Lawton, Satae, Afoa, Mannering

SK already has said those picked for the test in Denver wont be considered

So it looks like it will be

1 RTS
2 CNK
3 Beale
4 Kata
5 Fusitua
6 Kakariki
7 Johnson

8 Gavet
9 Lawton
10 Paasi
11 Papalii
12 Harris
13 Mannering

14 Afoa
15 Lisone
16 Satae
17 Tevaga

Seems as if we go through rep round ok.

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Hiku
4- Beale
5- Maumalo
6- Green
7- Johnson
8- Gavet
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Papalii
12- Harris
13- Blair

Res- Lawton, Satae, Afoa, Mannering

Blairs suspended i think bro. Got 2 weeks

Meth

Staff member
Ha. I went to fiji so only saw the game. No coverage or commentary

Meth

Staff member

1 RTS
2 CNK
3 Beale
4 Kata
5 Fusitua
6 Kakariki
7 Johnson

8 Gavet
9 Lawton
10 Paasi
11 Papalii
12 Harris
13 Mannering

14 Afoa
15 Lisone
16 Satae
17 Tevaga

How is Kata’s hamstring?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

1 RTS
2 CNK
3 Beale
4 Kata
5 Fusitua
6 Kakariki
7 Johnson

8 Gavet
9 Lawton
10 Paasi
11 Papalii
12 Harris
13 Mannering

14 Afoa
15 Lisone
16 Satae
17 Tevaga

They seems pointless, surely they’re back in NZ already, 4-5 days is plenty of time to deal with the jet lag.

Meth

Staff member
They seems pointless, surely they’re back in NZ already, 4-5 days is plenty of time to deal with the jet lag.

I do agree, although I'm not sure they're back in NZ just yet.

Players back up from Origin 2-3 days later and it doesn't seem to disrupt the team too much.

Matua

Bench
I'm boycotting this match after reading in Stuff the Warriors barred Johnson from playing.

What's the point of having a NZ based club if it's just going to act like an Aussie club.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Not given they're stuck in Denver on flight delays. Obviously that wasn't the plan, true. Again, broken record but it should've been taken up with the morons at the NRL who scheduled the Warriors, always likely the side with the biggest Kiwis representation, in the second game of the round following the Test halfway round the world. Maybe if it was Sunday, Kearney wouldn't have rested them. Maybe the NRL wanted to disadvantage us. I dunno, it's brainless is all I know. Oh yeah, it's that 8pm timeslot they want on a Friday. Screw our preparations, TV is the consideration.

I'm boycotting this match after reading in Stuff the Warriors barred Johnson from playing.

What's the point of having a NZ based club if it's just going to act like an Aussie club.

The guy is two games back from an injury, and that was a game after he'd missed another two weeks for another injury. I'd say the club has every right to preclude him from Test duties. They're his main employer. And if Shaun had truly wanted to play and in fact insisted on it, would he have gone? Yeah, I think so. I understand your passion for the Kiwis but I don't understand a boycott of a club who pays him $1m a year or whatever wanting to protect themselves.

Matua

Bench
@Penrose Warrior: I'm only boycotting them for one game ;).

I don't care about how much the Warriors pay him. Part of his value to the club is his international status and for years we've had to put up with the whims of Australian clubs when trying to put together a Kiwis team. Frankly I'm actually disgusted that a NZ team with and ex kiwi coach is doing it. Especially when they wouldn't have the balls to do it to an Origin selection.

Maybe Shaun could have insisted, we don't know, but the club shouldn't have put him in that position in the first place (and then we'd really know).

If they want to protect themselves don't keep internationals on the books or get better insurance.

What they can do is cut out any we're NZ's team BS from now on. But this actually typical of the Warriors, finally start doing somethings right on the field and now they pee me off in other ways.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
@Penrose Warrior: I'm only boycotting them for one game ;).

I don't care about how much the Warriors pay him. Part of his value to the club is his international status and for years we've had to put up with the whims of Australian clubs when trying to put together a Kiwis team. Frankly I'm actually disgusted that a NZ team with and ex kiwi coach is doing it. Especially when they wouldn't have the balls to do it to an Origin selection.

Maybe Shaun could have insisted, we don't know, but the club shouldn't have put him in that position in the first place (and then we'd really know).

If they want to protect themselves don't keep internationals on the books or get better insurance.

What they can do is cut out any we're NZ's team BS from now on. But this actually typical of the Warriors, finally start doing somethings right on the field and now they pee me off in other ways.

Haha! One game all good bro, I understand.

I'm not having a go at all here. We just disagree that's all. I don't see how his value to the club is his international status. If the Kiwis didn't exist tomorrow, he'd have the same value. In fact, the Kiwis might actually lessen his value if any of his energies are taken by that commitment. Unless of course he becomes a better player by virtue of being in the Kiwis, which might've been the case around 2014 but it isn't now.

It's a fair point you make about SK ruling him out, perhaps hypocrisy after being a Kiwis coach himself. But again, his pay masters are the Warriors. He needs to do right by them. I 100% agree with his decisions. If SJ went and f**ked his ankle/groin, the fallout would be major. We'd be also rans overnight as well.

I think it's relevant what you say about Origin. Let's say SJ was Nathan Cleary, who has just come back from injury. Would we have stopped him playing Origin? Shit no. He would've absolutely bloody-mindedly insisted. So maybe Shaun didn't? I'm not having a go at Shaun either he has been a vehemently passionate Kiwi. But they wouldn't have the balls to do it for Origin because of the passion. Unfortunately that doesn't exist for Tests and especially not halfway round the world as a one-off.

And the NRL should f**k off saying they have a team in NZ to grow the game here then scheduling the only team to play on the Friday after a rep weekend where that country plays in Denver.

They were scheduled to arrive in NZ tomoroow night but as of the time i write this they are still stuck in Denver

Looks like getting back to Auckland Thursday morning at the earliest

Meth

Staff member
If the game were in Sydney or Brisbane or whatever, I'd be upset at Kearney blocking his players from playing. But the whole thing was a mid-season exhibition match 11,802 km away. Good on Kearney for mitigating the risk to key players.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If the game were in Sydney or Brisbane or whatever, I'd be upset at Kearney blocking his players from playing. But the whole thing was a mid-season exhibition match 11,802 km away. Good on Kearney for mitigating the risk to key players.

Absolutely. If it was over the ditch, they would've played - same as Green would've if he played Origin. Yet we f**ked off to Denver when all the NRL-based Poms and 100% of our squad are down here. Yeah Super League Poms had to travel too but who cares about them.

I'll shoosh now, stuck record.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Says here that Kearney was originally considering resting Maumalo, Hiku and Luke, but now they may have to play
I didn't even read the whole thing. I just saw the title and assumed they we're all stuck.

Thats a good news to know they may very well be taking the field this week as they IMO should.