What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks

Meth

Staff member
Feels like shuffling deckchairs, but here we are...

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Herbert
4- Lawton
5- Maumalo
6- Nikorima
7- Green
8- Taunoa-Brown
9- Egan
10- Blair
11- Katoa
12- Papali'i
13- Harris

Res- Paasi, Hetherington, Tevaga, Harris-Tavita

BLN2

Juniors
Curious to know your thoughts around Papalii on the edge? Just offers nothing out wide IMO, as he's shown time and time again? I think we need Harris to play a bit wider, he's better than a 3rd prop (which is what a lock does these days).

Meth

Staff member
I’d probably like Pulu out there, but that’s not an option. I don’t rate Murchie out there and there don’t seem to be be any other options. I just really like Harris in the middle, but I get the argument

Penrose_11

Juniors
No Jazz and no Papali’i for me. Both offer zero 2nd phase and give penalties on defence. Kodi and Katoa must come back in, otherwise it is what it is i guess.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No Jazz and no Papali’i for me. Both offer zero 2nd phase and give penalties on defence. Kodi and Katoa must come back in, otherwise it is what it is i guess.

Iazz has only been back one game, he deserves chance to get up to speed. Katoa in for Papaali for sure though and Kodi is an obvious starter if fit.

Cold Roses

Juniors
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Herbert
4- Hiku
5- Maumalo
6- Nikorima
7- Green
8- Taunoa-Brown
9- Egan
10- Blair
11- Katoa
12- Harris
13- Hetherington

14- Lawton
15- Paasi
16- Murchie
17- Papali’i / Burr / King? Don’t know that it matters much at this point.

Lawton to sub for Hetherington at lock if we insist on bringing on a smaller uptempo player. Otherwise Murchie in the middle. Lock or prop. Hetherington can always come back for his second stint at prop.

Harris is amazing at lock, but we are desperately in need of points of attack at second row on both sides of the field. Play breaks down all too regularly with Murchie/Papali’i playing there. If Katoa runs out of gas One of them can always do a stint.

Feels like Taunoa-Brown could be effective playIng another 5-10 mins longer than the 40mins he currently gets.

Meth

Staff member
I think we’re being a bit harsh on Papali’i. I don’t think he has played badly in the opportunities he has had this year.

But I also get it. We have a lot of options in the middle at the moment and we need life in the edge. I am just reluctant because Harris is literally the only good thing going for us at the moment.

LeagueNut

First Grade
It feels like we're stuck in a holding pattern until we've got a better picture of what our 2021 lineup looks like. If the new coach wants to stick with Kodi & CHT as the halves then get them playing together now and flick Green off. If Kodi is seen as a #9 or #14 then stick with Green but they better have a plan for a new halfback to join us next year. Either way if CHT is in line for a permanent 2021 spot then he needs to be in the team right now.

Meth

Staff member
Another option is Blair goes to second row. But again, he has been so much better in the middle. We just don’t have two edge forwards running around at the moment without Harris.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'd hate us to start moving guys around who have been playing well, just to cover over the cracks elsewhere. Harris and Blair have been two of our best, the rest need to pull finger.

Meth

Staff member
I'd hate us to start moving guys around who have been playing well, just to cover over the cracks elsewhere. Harris and Blair have been two of our best, the rest need to pull finger.

Yeah, but who is that other edge forward if it isn't Papali'i? Is it Murchie? Because yeah, I'm not really feeling him as much as others.

BLN2

Juniors
TBH I would bite the bullet and play Tevaga at lock.. He offers something different, but might be more beneficial coming off the bench for the last 50 minutes against tired forwards. I think Harris has to play second row because he is easily our best in the position.

Papalii goes better in the middle than out wide. I'd probably go;

JTB
Egan
Blair
Katoa
Harris
Tevaga/Papalii

Lawton
Hetherington
Paasi
Tevaga/Papalii/Murchie

Will be interesting to see who will replace Paasi, he hasn't offered much this season. I would prefer we sign a guy for the final half of the comp who is off contract next season, rather than a loan player. Maybe a Peni Terepo, John Asiata, Josh Kerr.. But doubt those clubs would let a player of that sort of caliber just walk.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, but who is that other edge forward if it isn't Papali'i? Is it Murchie? Because yeah, I'm not really feeling him as much as others.

I think it's Murchie. He's not the finished product by any stretch but 10 or so games in there's enough to want to develop it. Papalii is a 50-gamer who really hasn't got much better.

Cold Roses

Juniors
The reluctance in moving Harris is understandable. But it’s a bigger problem that we have an inability to score points consistently. And having a big body who can draw in defenders on either edge and get a pass away, or a quick play the ball (Harris/Katoa) gives us other options when our spine aren’t firing. Which happens all too regularly. Murchie has a good work rate, but hasn’t shown much in the way of attacking ability as yet.

Thought I heard the commentators mention the other night that we haven’t scored a try from inside our own half all year?

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I'd stick with Murchie, he's had big raps and has come through a good system with the Raiders. Give him the rest of the year to see how he goes after he's decided to stay on with us

JTB
Egan
Blair
Katoa
Harris
Murchie

Lawton
Paasi
Hetherington
Jazz

Tongue

Juniors
Not sold on Lawton at 13, but see hes been named there again. Doesnt have the size? But coach must be a fan.
CHT - seems his form swings with the teams. Was hoping he'd get a run of few games, but dropped down to reserves again.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Payten has caught Kearney’s disease

CHT copping the rookie warriors shafting while the guy with no future at the club plays

Penrose_11

Juniors
Hope the game plan is all about restricting Shaun and giving him zero opportunity to run cos I so see him tearing us a new one otherwise.