What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks

Meth

Staff member
We should probably expect to be without Harris, Katoa and Townsend next week.

Curran and Aitken still in isolation

Walsh may be due back

Lodge is there, I think.

Looking pretty grim

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Montoya
5- Pompey
6- Walsh/Nikorima
7- Nikorima/O'Sullivan
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Lodge/Evans
11- Murchie
12- Sironen
13- Tevaga

Res- Ah Mau, Afoa, Murdoch-Masilla, Otukolo

Blair

Coach
Let's hope Ponga is back for Qld.

Let's also hope the Qld coach doesn't include Walsh for the experience.

hitro

Juniors
Can anyone at the Warriors kick a field goal and/or know when to do it? Names please. Def Shaun Johnson and probably Reece Walsh. As for the rest of them....

Benek

Juniors
A field goal was the least of our problems. It was all the brain explosions that put us in that position. We could have won that game easily before it got to the point of field goals. We need a leading half who knows how to finish out games.

Last edited:

hitro

Juniors
Reckon Otere Black would be v interested. ( sure he has a contract in Japan but could use covid as an excuse)

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Walsh
DWZ
Aitken
Berry
Roger
Chad
Kodi
AFB
Egan
Lodge
Tohu
Katoa
Curran

Jazz
Evans
LAM
BMM

A pretty good team when fully fit. Sadly we won’t get close to that

Brown was on 9 Sunday footy show, revisited a few things already mentioned, but something new is the lack of speaking on the field, possibly cultural (not sure if it was meant club or quiter pacific culture), but bringing players in to try to improve.

Waiting on medical reports for players, Kodi most likely back. Chad most likely out.

Hilarious as Gallen didnt know Brown was on the line, ripped in saying how we threw it away, never seen a team capitulated like that and said "How is Brown feeling today", well you can ask him he's on the line...... 😮

sup42

Juniors
Brown was on 9 Sunday footy show, revisited a few things already mentioned, but something new is the lack of speaking on the field, possibly cultural (not sure if it was meant club or quiter pacific culture), but bringing players in to try to improve.

Waiting on medical reports for players, Kodi most likely back. Chad most likely out.

Hilarious as Gallen didnt know Brown was on the line, ripped in saying how we threw it away, never seen a team capitulated like that and said "How is Brown feeling today", well you can ask him he's on the line...... 😮
The old culture chestnut.

I thought that was probably the go for years. Then I remembered playing for all Polynesian sports teams, talking is not an issue in a confident brown side.

More likely the reason there is a lack of talk, is that our blokes do not know what to call.

Fix that and I bet communication is a non issue. They are all mates after all.

Either way, bringing in players known for talk means adding people who know the calls and how to read a game....you are basically describing an Aussie systems player from school to grade.

Same old issue.

We need a long term fix of our Junior game and I don't see that happening in under a decade of complete revolution in the sport here...which unfortunately would need the Warriors to be a winning team to kick start change.

We need a long term fix of our Junior game and I don't see that happening in under a decade of complete revolution in the sport here...which unfortunately would need the Warriors to be a winning team to kick start change.
Hopefully that is the job Gus can do when Covid is sorted/under control/normal viral infection to catch.
It will take 5+ years to bear fruit.

Agree it needing confidence to talk, plenty of shy young "white" guys out there I'm sure. Give them confidence.

BLN2

Juniors
Not looking forward to this weeks team.. I can see Walsh, Niko and Townsend out. Could be an ugly halves pairing, along with no Aitken, Curran, Harris, CHT. I thought last weeks team was bad enough, but they surprised me with MOST of that game... Then choked.

I think the players aren't lacking determination and drive, like a lot of the other teams in a similiar ladder position as us. Which makes it more depressing.

I'm wondering if part of the blow-out of scores could also be to do with mental health fatigue. Not just the rule changes. Covid rules and regulations player have to adhere to and those not as mentally tough struggling.

Working on the 1 on 1 strips, 20/40s & 40/20s, even 40m 2 point drop goal are ways to wrestle back the momentum. I can't recall us achieving any of these this year. I guess getting the basics right first?