What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Storm

Meth

Staff member
This is probably going to get messy.

As much as we have a bunch of frustrations, we just don't really have the roster to make wholesale changes- but there must be changes.

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Kosi?
3- Beale
4- Hiku
5- Maumalo
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Green
8- Paasi
9- Luke
10- Ah Mau
11- Pulu
12- Harris
13- Burr

Res- Roache, Afoa, Blair, Papali'i

Last edited:

As much as we have a bunch of frustrations, we just don't really have the roster to make wholesale changes- but there must be changes.

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Kosi
3- Beale
4- Hiku
5- Maumalo
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Green
8- Paasi
9- Luke
10- Ah Mau
11- Pulu
12- Harris
13- Burr

Good luck with no Kata being selected.

Jazz hands will be another automatic selection also.

If Green not ready Adam K surely has to play.

Meth

Staff member
Jazz is playing decent football tbh

Just not a hooker and we have Luke and Roache

jaseg

Juniors
Kosi is injured I believe, and hasn't really been near the best outside back in reserve grade. Hiku could go to the wing with someone brought into centre (I expect this is the likely option SK will go for, but with Kata at centre). Hayze is a dynamo, should be in NRL sooner rather than later - wing, centre, wherever, I don't care.. just somewhere (though it would be nice if we finally groomed a talent like that to be a centre). Pompey has been very good (but some questions in defense), Herbert looks interesting. Aysh is always there, but that's not happening.

I thought Paasi looked injured, too, last night? And would probably drop Blair. I don't care who comes in instead - there are times when guys just need to be dropped.

Meth

Staff member
Kosi is injured I believe, and hasn't really been near the best outside back in reserve grade. Hiku could go to the wing with someone brought into centre (I expect this is the likely option SK will go for, but with Kata at centre). Hayze is a dynamo, should be in NRL sooner rather than later - wing, centre, wherever, I don't care.. just somewhere (though it would be nice if we finally groomed a talent like that to be a centre). Pompey has been very good (but some questions in defense), Herbert looks interesting. Aysh is always there, but that's not happening.

I thought Paasi looked injured, too, last night? And would probably drop Blair. I don't care who comes in instead - there are times when guys just need to be dropped.

Kosi was a guess. I just don't have the access to the Canterbury Cup to make an informed idea.

I'd like to see Perham too, but I know they're trying to develop him into a spine player.

Leber

Bench
Sao just scored a great try for the reserves.

But of course, he'll be left out

Leber

Bench
This wont be the team. But I'd go

1 RTS
2 Soosomea
3 Beale
4 Hiku
5 Maumalo
6 CHT
7 Green
8 Paasi
9 Roache
10 Ah Mau
11 Burr
12 Harris
13 Sao

14 Luke
15 Blair
16 Afoa
17 Lisone

Iafeta

Referee

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Kosi?
3- Beale
4- Hiku
5- Maumalo
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Green
8- Paasi
9- Luke
10- Ah Mau
11- Pulu
12- Harris
13- Burr

Like it but would pick Patrick Herbert #2, and I know they won’t drop him but either Ligi Sao or Sam Lisone for Bleh. Lisones previous match he actually played well. His reward? To be dropped lol after about a year of rubbish that he got away with

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
RTS
Maumalo
Beale
Herbert (or Perham)
Hiku
CHT
Green (Keighran if Green injured)
Paasi
Roache
Ah Mau
Pulu
Harris
Burr

Res: Luke or Tevaga (not both), Afoa, Sao, Papali'i, Lisone (18th man)

Iafeta

Referee
CNK was excellent for two or three years in reserve grade. Yet got ignored because Kearney deadset refuses to make changes. Ligi Sao is the obvious one, but what high performing reserve graders are we pushing out the door while the likes of Kata and Bleh regress at extraordinary rates?

Reactions: Izz

spear tackle

Juniors
I hope they don't make any changes next week(apart from injury) , no point in sending a bunch of players many of whom would be playing their maiden first grade game into what's going to be a pants down thrashing and have what confidence they have destroyed. Better to do that the following week.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Last year when we started on our 6-0 run we had Gavet ripping it up in the front row, Pulu playing left edge, Tohu/Hiku on the right and SJ at half. We also played a lighter and faster style. We need Tohu back on the right with either Hiku/Beale and I’d have Pulu in for Papali staring on the left with Ah Mau starting and playing at least 60mins. Aside from the fact we just don’t have a dominant forward pack, we’re really missing ball playing back rowers creating 2nd phase. Papali looks like he spent the summer in the gym packing on muscle and dropping brain cells. He’s gone from quality potential to full noise 2nd yr syndrome.

I’d go with:
RTS
Fus
Hiku
Beale
Ken
CHT
Green (if fit otherwise Kerrigan)
Ah Mau
Luke (if fully fit)
Passi
Pulu
Tohu (right edge)
Blair

Roache
Bunty
Sao
Burr

Definitely no makeshift Hiku at stand-off.
Blair to play that mongrel backrower role and not expected to be a creator. Also prop cover as needed.
I’d even consider Hiku as a bench back row cover. He’s not quick enough as a center.
Jazz for all his good doesn’t fit with the Luke/Roache combo.
Kata and Papali just goooone....

Reactions: JJ

Leber

Bench
CNK was excellent for two or three years in reserve grade. Yet got ignored because Kearney deadset refuses to make changes. Ligi Sao is the obvious one, but what high performing reserve graders are we pushing out the door while the likes of Kata and Bleh regress at extraordinary rates?

Tbf, CNK was excellent at fb, not so excellent at wing. And he was never gunna usurp roger

Iafeta

Referee
Pretty much a try a game on the wing. Could play centre too. Had a couple of defensive misreads in first grade but the good oil is he is a hard trainer who trains the house down to improve.