1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

    The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

    This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

    VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

    Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Team v Storm

Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by Meth, Apr 21, 2019.

  1. ZEROMISSTACKLES

    ZEROMISSTACKLES First Grade

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2015
    Messages:
    8,410
    Likes Received:
    973
    Oh that's good Katas still in there, I was worried lol.

    Storm 50, Warrior nil
     
  2. KeepingTheFaith

    KeepingTheFaith Referee

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2006
    Messages:
    24,813
    Likes Received:
    4,341
    Won't be the final team. We'll find out Thursday.
     
  3. vvvrulz

    vvvrulz Coach

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2009
    Messages:
    12,671
    Likes Received:
    1,411
    Ah that's really annoying for planning out fantasy teams.
     
  4. Mr Angry

    Mr Angry Not a Referee

    Joined:
    May 23, 2003
    Messages:
    46,167
    Likes Received:
    6,575
    Just wow
     
  5. JJ

    JJ Referee

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2003
    Messages:
    28,592
    Likes Received:
    3,361
    Special Steve the coach.
     
    spear tackle likes this.
  6. Iafeta

    Iafeta Referee

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2003
    Messages:
    24,357
    Likes Received:
    5,020
    “Yeah I’ll have to look at that”

    Which meant he wouldn’t.
     
  7. JJ

    JJ Referee

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2003
    Messages:
    28,592
    Likes Received:
    3,361
    Or more worryingly, he did have a look...
     
    Iafeta and Benek like this.
  8. vvvrulz

    vvvrulz Coach

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2009
    Messages:
    12,671
    Likes Received:
    1,411
    I love the brocess
     
    Philip_Smith007 and Iafeta like this.
  9. One Warrior

    One Warrior Juniors

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    Messages:
    2,354
    Likes Received:
    156
    The definition of insanity, rinse and repeat. Kearney on Radiosport, "I don't believe in wholesale changes", bullshit Kearney you don't believe in any changes. When talking about Blair, who admits himself that he's playing like crap, Kearney says "he knows and we know that his form will come back", does he, how does he know that, how bloody long does that mean he will give him, moron.
     
  10. spear tackle

    spear tackle Juniors

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2012
    Messages:
    1,112
    Likes Received:
    112
    I like that description a lot.
     
  11. Big Marn

    Big Marn Juniors

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2012
    Messages:
    2,034
    Likes Received:
    665
    Remember when Ivan sent Ruben to reserve grade cause he was playing like shit?
    Grow a pair Kearney.
     
    Iafeta likes this.
  12. vvvrulz

    vvvrulz Coach

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2009
    Messages:
    12,671
    Likes Received:
    1,411
    I can't recall a player coasting this lazily for us, and the genius of Kearney is that he allows it.

    Sure we've had plenty of slackers, but as a guaranteed selection on this much coin?
     
  13. ozenzud

    ozenzud Juniors

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Messages:
    612
    Likes Received:
    86
    I was just scrolling through comments, thinking this team was a joke team i.e. players we could have named but they'd left of something. Then I read it properly and saw it was the actual 2014 team. 5 seasons ago and there is 1 player left in the squad from that time! Just 1 player. Is it a better team today? I don't think so.
     
  14. ozenzud

    ozenzud Juniors

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Messages:
    612
    Likes Received:
    86
    Theya re gunna roll us by 40. I can't watch.
     
  15. vvvrulz

    vvvrulz Coach

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2009
    Messages:
    12,671
    Likes Received:
    1,411
    Hard to tell really, we were pretty derp back then too.
     
  16. Mighty Ape Man

    Mighty Ape Man Juniors

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2016
    Messages:
    179
    Likes Received:
    42
  17. Big Marn

    Big Marn Juniors

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2012
    Messages:
    2,034
    Likes Received:
    665
    Mixed feelings. I'm kinda in Spear Tackles corner in letting the incumbents get boned.
    Herbert's getting thrown to the wolves. 20% chance he performs well first game up against Storm on Anzac Day. 80% chance he struggles and Kata gets rushed back next week. Wish it had been the Knights this week.

    Kata or is it Cata? Seems to have 9 lives like a cat.
     
    spear tackle likes this.
  18. Iron Lion

    Iron Lion Juniors

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2014
    Messages:
    1,216
    Likes Received:
    209
    Translation: After 2 years of sucking head coach Stephen Kearney's knob every Tuesday before the team is named, Solomon Kata's neck can no longer handle the force and tension of Kearney's intense ball skill sessions.

    It is expected at least Blair will find his form again.
     
    Penrose_11 likes this.
  19. ZEROMISSTACKLES

    ZEROMISSTACKLES First Grade

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2015
    Messages:
    8,410
    Likes Received:
    973
    Just so many things wrong with our team and some of it are difficult to fix.

    We happily lose Kata but we still know that it doesn't solve all our problems.
     
  20. Rich102

    Rich102 Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 2, 2007
    Messages:
    10,390
    Likes Received:
    1,317
    But it would be a positive step forward.
     

Share This Page