What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Titans

Meth

Staff member
Right, changes needed. Immediately.

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Hiku (very tempted to call for Ayshford)
4- Beale
5- Maumalo
6- Keighran (although perhaps Harris-Tavita might be close to a call up)
7- Green
8- Afoa
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Blair
12- Harris
13- Burr

Res- Ah Mau, Sao, Papali'i, Roache/Lawton/Cook/anyone but Tevaga

vvvrulz

Coach
Hiku just has to go, unless Harris is babysitting him we’re fielding thin air.

I don’t expect any changes until we’re about 1-6 down

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Beale in for Kata or Hiku. maybe Pat Herbert too.
Tevaga out for Roache. If Luke is out then also bring Lawton in.
Keighran our for Tevita-Harris

Last edited:

Benek

Juniors
For me, the only immediate offensive change is to get rid of Jazz and pray that Roache is back. Aside from that I just want the best defensive team we can field.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’m worried about our slow and predictable halves. We need spark there. We reallly lost that game in the third quarter when we had manly on the rack and couldn’t score, we had enough possession and position to make that 24 all and it would’ve been a different game from there. Getting shut out 18-0 in the second half with what was probably a 12 point wind at our backs was unforgivable.

Benek

Juniors
I see that. But when you leak points the way we did, it hardly matters what you do with the ball.

playdaball

Bench
RTS
Fus
Beale
Hiku
Ken
Jeffrey
Green
Bunty
Roache
Paasi
Pulu
Blair
Rodney

Lawton
Burr
Ohio
Herman

Leber

Bench
I'd go something like...

1 RTS
2 Fusitua
3 Kata
4 Beale
5 Maumalo
6 Green
7 Harris-Tevita
8 Ah Mau
9 Lawton
10 Blair
11 Papali
12 Harris
13 Sao

14 Luke/Roache (whoever is fit)
15 Burr
16 Paasi
17 Afoa

Jazz, Keighran and Hiku to have a week in reserves. Dont like having Blair at 10, but meh.

jaseg

Juniors
Assuming both Luke & Roache are not fit. If either are they go into the starting lineup and Lawton bumps Cook off the bench, if both are, Roache starts. Waaaay too early to switch out Keighran, particularly given the struggles of Perham & (particularly) CHT in reserve grade.

RTS
Fus
Hiku (last chance saloon with Milne fit and Herbert around)
Beale
Maumalo
Keighran
Green
Ah Mau
Lawton
Afoa
Papalii
Harris
Blair

Cook
Paasi
Sao
Burr

Pulu can play his way in tomorrow, also. Several members of the pack are on the verge of getting dropped.

Is this the earliest I'd ever be willing to write off a Warriors team? If they lose to the Titans badly (perhaps just even at all), the season is over.

vvvrulz

Coach
The Titans easily dispatched us last year, I'm not taking anything for granted.

You just know Kearney won't change anything until Round 6.

Meth

Staff member
Interested to hear CHT is struggling. I guess there is no obvious solution for our halves issues

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. f**ked if I know
4. See above
5. See above
6. AK
7. Green
8. Afoa
9. Roache
10. Paasi
11. Pulu
12. Harris
13. Papali'i

14. Ah Mau
15. Blair (middle only)
16. f**ked if I know.
17. A utility of some kind not named Tevaga

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Hiku just has to go, unless Harris is babysitting him we’re fielding thin air.

I don’t expect any changes until we’re about 1-6 down
Hiku is our most frustrating player. Some of the things he pulls off in attack are Gidley like in terms of setting up his outside man or drawing and passing. It's just as soon as we are on the other side of the ball he just capitiulates.

Since Brent Tate have we had a centre that could play both sides of the ball at a high level? And he only came here coz pricey gave him the big sell.

Any of the current players happen to have a brother in law named Latrell?

ozenzud

Juniors
I strongly suggest that Kearney will give this team 1 more week. I doubt he will panic. I wouldn't go another week myself, but I tend to be a bit more impasssioned which I think what Kearney is trying to get rid of in the Warriors setup and go for calm, calculated and precise i.e. Melbourne......

If I were in charge, I'd drop Kata, put in Beale and swap Ken and Fus back to last years sides. And I'd give the order for centres to PASS THE BLOODY BALL TO THE WINGERS!

This current setup is just not working.

Against Manly, the Warriors inability to overpower the forwards was stark! The offloads allowed to Manly with Tom Alphabet being able to do a Slater was disturbing and had me going apoplectic!