What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Titans

Meth

Staff member
1- Walsh
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Hiku
4- Berry
5- Montoya
6- Harris-Tavita
7- O'Sullivan
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan/Otukolo
10- Lodge
11- Curran
12- Aitken
13- Petterson-Robati

Res- Afoa, Frei, Tevaga, Otukolo/Nikorima

jaseg

Juniors
Hard with so many questions over who might be available right now, but..

Nikorima to play halves if Chad & CHT are both out, or bench/hooker depending on availabilities of Egan/Otukolo. If those guys are available, he can sit this one out. Was absolutely terrible.

Agree with giving PPR a run (assuming we can, given that we now have players back). Not sure Frei will be here next year though so dunno about bothering with him short of having nobody else to pick.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Not saying don’t pick him, but I feel like I have a bit of cognitive dissonance with DWZ. He seems to be held in high regard by NZ fans and Warriors fans generally (technically still the Kiwis captain?) whereas the average NRL fan sees him as a bit of a joke. What I see is a guy who tries hard without a great deal of impact, and who is very mistake prone on defence and with his hands?

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Not saying don’t pick him, but I feel like I have a bit of cognitive dissonance with DWZ. He seems to be held in high regard by NZ fans and Warriors fans generally (technically still the Kiwis captain?) whereas the average NRL fan sees him as a bit of a joke. What I see is a guy who tries hard without a great deal of impact, and who is very mistake prone on defence and with his hands?
Definitely has an error in him. Although to be fair, I just had a quick look of about 12-15 other wingers (Maumalo, Addo-Carr, Ferguson, Garrick, Saab, Johnson, Sivo, Ravalawa and a few others I forget) and he’s no better or worse, most wingers seem to sit between the .8 to 1.8 errors per game, where as DWZ is 1.0

I like his effort, and I love that we have pace out wide with him. For me, I think he either needs to bulk up slightly or adopt a better running style as he seems to get smashed every game. And absolutely, his defence needs to be improved as his reads are still kaka (although our team as a whole needs to work on this).

JJ

Immortal
My take too. He does have epic performances in him, but he’s also got epic mistakes, usually related to his efforts (over trying?)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I think it’s also just that he’s seen as this safe, senior pro (which theoretically he is) but I’m not sure how that ever happened as he’s not that sort of player?

Also, we complained about ‘props on the wing’ but Montoya/DWZ are (a) basically still doing the Fus/Maumalo job, but often without the same effectiveness, and (b) both kinda unco, which sort of detracts from the whole ‘fast, skillful wingers’ thing

Meth

Staff member
DWZ has been better than I expected him to be, as has Montoya. But yeah, kinda an automatic selection due to no real options.

Meth

Staff member
Looks like Lodge misses 1-2 at the judiciary. I thought it was incidental, but maybe I'm just naive.

jaseg

Juniors
Yeah that's bullshit. Typical MRC nonsense. I'd suggest it was based on Lodge's reputation if I thought the MRC were competent enough to be even capable of being that shit.

Also, we complained about ‘props on the wing’ but Montoya/DWZ are (a) basically still doing the Fus/Maumalo job, but often without the same effectiveness, and (b) both kinda unco, which sort of detracts from the whole ‘fast, skillful wingers’ thing
Agree, they taking tackle 3 and 4 way to much. Need a forward on tackle 3

Last edited:

Tongue

Juniors
Hmm. Jayden Nikorima 24 points playing 6 for the Dolphins.
Is he still contracted to Warriors?

Fusitua playing too.

jaseg

Juniors
I didn't even realise Fus was in Australia. Took Junior Ratuva's spot in the Dolphins team, lol. Tom Ale is fit again, it would seem - came off the bench to score.

No, Jayden Nikorima isn't contracted to us (was only ever on a trial deal I think, and covid may have messed that around) - I think he might be headed to the Storm next year?

Tongue

Juniors
Opportunity to select a hybrid line-up with nothing to lose.
Suspect they will keep the same.

Latest posts