What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team versus the Eagles

JetRider

Juniors
The Rabbitohs NRL side is:
1) Luke Capewell
2) Nathan Merritt
3) Colin Best
4) Beau Champion
5) Fetuli Talanoa
6) John Sutton
7) Chris Sandow
8) Luke Stuart
9) Issac Luke
10) Roy Asotasi (c)
11) Ben Lowe
12) Shannan McPherson
13) David Fa’alogo
Interchange:
14) Craig Wing
15) Eddy Pettybourne
16) Jaiman Lowe
17) David Kidwell

No changes, looks like Wesser is still unwell or out of favour. The coach must feel the team is going well enough not to play around with them?

African Monkey

First Grade
Yeah I thought Capewell was ok last night apart from him trying to be a hero before HT. He's getting better but he's very error-prone atm which hopefully he'll work on.

glory glory

Juniors
I am disappointed. I was hoping a loss albeit a close one might mean a couple of changes.
I hope Wesser is back soon.

Nemesis

Bench
I am disappointed. I was hoping a loss albeit a close one might mean a couple of changes.
I hope Wesser is back soon.
I suspect that JT wouldn't have had time after last night's game to consider the team for Saturday, so has simply announced the same side. I'd be surprised if it doesn't change, as Greeny must be due for a call up and possibly a return for Wesser too, although Rocky has performed quite well at the back.

coach

I am pretty sure that there will be some changes come Saturday night.

I don't believe that Janine Lowe should hold her spot.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Apparently Wesser might need minor sugery as was reported on Fox Sports News. Looks like another 2 weeks on the sidelines if not more.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
I am pretty sure that there will be some changes come Saturday night.

I don't believe that Janine Lowe should hold her spot.

Can't see Taylor making many changes if any. The reggies have been down on form and the only player showing form has been Greenfield who didn't play on the weekend.

coach

Can't see Taylor making many changes if any. The reggies have been down on form and the only player showing form has been Greenfield who didn't play on the weekend.

I don't like our second row. Yes they are workaholics, but they lack any real impact. I could live with either Lowe or McPherson in the team but not both.

I believe our best pack would have sutton as lock and Fa'alogo in the second row,

Nickmm

Juniors
I don't like our second row. Yes they are workaholics, but they lack any real impact. I could live with either Lowe or McPherson in the team but not both.

I believe our best pack would have sutton as lock and Fa'alogo in the second row,

I agree with that, with Greeny also in the second row thats would be awesom.

Bodsy

Juniors
I say give Pettybourne a run in the starters.

The good thing about this season is that every single game we've been in.

Both our losses are games we could of easy won.

16 Points is the most we've let in

If our attack gets going, should be a good season.

glory glory

Juniors
I agree enough chances for J Lo. Please start Fa'alogo and Pettybourne in the 2nd row and Sutto at lock. Wingy starts at 5/8 and bench is Greenfield, Kidwell, B Lowe and McPherson. Please.

Dave Q

Coach
It would be nice if we could play footy for longer than 15 minutes.

The effort against the dogs was an unmitigated disgrace.

We had every reason to be upbeat and joyful after a try in the first 2 minutes, but instead we became frightened and pensive.

There is no excuses v Manly. They are a shadow of themselves. My pet dog could beat them with a paw tied to his ear. They are a selfish club boasting a bunch of uninspiring waxheaded woofter-boys who drink like a union boss and are paid like a macquarie bank executive.

The only man there is Des Hasler ( and only because my sister knows him).

The Brett Stewart love-in was offensive, not becasue he is an alleged rapist facing 20 years in gaol with an AVO out on him, but because he is the Manly fullback.

If we start playing like startled kittens again, we may as well call this season.

I guess we may be heading back to the cellar after lasts nights pathetic, uninspired, lethargic, and slothful effort.

It seems to me that our rioters put in more effort than our forward pack.

No more excuses, if we lose the boys should be whipped with licorice sticks by Rusty wearing a G-string.

Book in for misery therapy early lads, this looks like its going to be a long season.

And Ive only just started...

Last edited:

Nitrobuggies

Juniors
Wow way to keep the optimism. I suppose if they drop the ball within say the first 20 minutes of the game you will leave/Turn Off?

We played a very good team who has only lost one match. The experts asked what would happen when we play inform teams. Well we did not win, but 2 points was the difference. Its not like we got hammered by 50 odd points like in years gone by. We stayed close, and there is room for improvement.

Give the guys a chance to fight back. We are still top 4 and its irrational to think we should win every game. We did not win, but stayed in contention against an experienced side.

JetRider

Juniors
Dave that is some rant. I think that the side is playing much better than last year and I also believe thay are playing better than the year before when they made the eight.

Most teams have improved this year and before a ball was kicked in anger I could not pick who might be a wooden spooner. Given the improvement in most teams and the fact that Souths are matching up well is enough to stay positive for this year. Souths for me will be in the eight and from there who knows, but if they make the grand final it will be a year to remember.

Dave Q

Coach
The Bulldogs are a team of strangers that played like family, we had a team of family that played like strangers.

You dont wait until the 73rd minute to unleash the hell. The only people who thought they still had time to win it were the players. I mean how fine should they cut it 79th minute? injury time?! FFS!!!

No excuses and no apologies for our star studded side.

If they drop a ball in the first quarter, well then they are park footballers and they dont deserve our patronage for the rest of the match.

I expect a certain level of professionalism.

As a ticketed member I also demand best efforts for the full 80. Whole hog every bloody second.

The boys were so flat after that cheap try...Should we resort to playing funeral marches at half time to inspire them?

If wed been awarded a penalty try at the start of the match we would have probably lost by 50.

Last edited:

Tommax25

Bench
It would be nice if we could play footy for longer than 15 minutes.

The effort against the dogs was an unmitigated disgrace.

We had every reason to be upbeat and joyful after a try in the first 2 minutes, but instead we became frightened and pensive.

There is no excuses v Manly. They are a shadow of themselves. My pet dog could beat them with a paw tied to his ear. They are a selfish club boasting a bunch of uninspiring waxheaded woofter-boys who drink like a union boss and are paid like a macquarie bank executive.

The only man there is Des Hasler ( and only because my sister knows him).

The Brett Stewart love-in was offensive, not becasue he is an alleged rapist facing 20 years in gaol with an AVO out on him, but because he is the Manly fullback.

If we start playing like startled kittens again, we may as well call this season.

I guess we may be heading back to the cellar after lasts nights pathetic, uninspired, lethargic, and slothful effort.

It seems to me that our rioters put in more effort than our forward pack.

No more excuses, if we lose the boys should be whipped with licorice sticks by Rusty wearing a G-string.

Book in for misery therapy early lads, this looks like its going to be a long season.

And Ive only just started...

Explain?

Nitrobuggies

Juniors
By the sounds of things someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed..

Oh wait whats that, someone across the road is sick? Oh now im going to die its all over. Seriously one poor game (where we did not win, but hung in there) is not a open and closed case.

Fact we are still in the top 4
Fact we lost by 2 points to a team who should be on 8 points and 2nd on the table
Fact we have not had more then 16 points scored against us in a match (which is something to be proud off)
Fact we have young talented players (not as good as yourself) who are learning. I mean Andrew Johns did not happen over night, he had bad games and would learn from them.

Just a quick question. I can not think of one team who has played 5 rounds of perfect football. SO does that mean that no one is going to win? Manly did not play every game perfect last year, Nor Melbourne before them.

One poor Game does not determine who you are as a player or a team. Its how you respond to it that does. (think 2nd half against Warriors, exceptional defense after a first half that was not the best)

Dave Q

Coach
Some people would have you reward mediocrity.

Lets all stand and salute to the ordinary & mundane.

Its a race for the bottom is it?

Yeah its all noble and politically correct to kiss the backside of a losing side thats trying, but Ive had my fair share of that fruitless caper.

And whats the point of having less than 16 points scored against you if you are going to get beat. FFS, Id rather have had 50 points scored against us and still won those matches.

The bunnies were frigging hopeless against the dogs, we were only lucky that the dogs, or was it that little feisty mongrel Ennis, didnt put 100 on us.

As for explaining why Manly are a selfish club, well that is self-evident to even the most spineless and stupid amongst leagues mighty fandom.

There will be no fairy-floss, homecoming love-fest demi-god parade for Stewart this weekend.

He will not be made to feel very welcome at ANZ.

Last edited:

Nitrobuggies

Juniors
So im guessing you expect perfection?

It is unreal to expect that such a young team to perform each week against good sides (it is irrational to say the Dogs are not a good side this year)

If you want to kick down a team/player etc as soon as things go wrong, i wish you luck in life. Because to be honest, its an irrational, illogical idealism that will not get anyone far. I am not suggesting to banter up a side/player etc in every case, but being a Realist is a good thing..

Enjoy the view from sad, depressing everyone sucks unless they win and dominate 100% off the time side of town. I will continue to be a realist in life and although they did not perform well, i am not going to put 80 minutes of football as evidence to predetermine their results after another 1520 Minutes.

Nemesis

Bench
To put some perspective on our upcoming game against Manly, it's interesting to compare us and the Manly team we beat in round 23 last year, with our current team and the Manly side we're playing this Saturday.

I believe Manly have a weaker side (largely due to the absence of experienced senior players like Menzies and Bell), and whose current form is nowhere near the level it was at in round 23, 2008. Whilst Souths have a stronger side with the addition of Best & Wesser (if he plays) and our young guns (Luke, Sandow, Pettybourne & Capewell) have developed well and now have more FG experience under their belt.

Although our current form could be better, we have a more settled side than in round 23 last year and we've had a solid start to the season with 3 wins and 2 narrow losses by 6 & 2 points respectively. Hence imo, we have nothing to fear from Manly this Saturday and if we play well, we can certainly put them away.

Souths V Manly 2009v2.gif