What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Manly Rd 26

ACTPanthers

Bench
1. Lachlan COOTE, 2. Josh MANSOUR, 3. Brad TIGHE, 4. Dean WHARE, 5. Dave SIMMONS, 6. Isaac JOHN, 7. Luke WALSH, 8. Sam MCKENDRY, 9. Kevin KINGSTON (c), 10, Nigel PLUM, 11. Lewis BROWN, 12. Sika MANU, 13. Ryan SIMPKINS

INTERCHANGE: 14. James SEGEYARO, 15. Clint NEWTON, 16. Jeremy LATIMORE, 17. Mose MASOE, 18. Nathan SMITH

COACH: Ivan CLEARY

mxlegend99

Referee
Just missing Ciraldo and we could be celebrating all the nuffies playing their last game. Wish we knew Ciraldo had played his last game already... Would have enjoyed that game a bit more.

Pomoz

Bench
Hopefully having a look in the mirror and deciding that next year, he will fulfil his potential. Good player, but he could be great. Now, he is just meh...

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Manly are resting Brett Stewart and Buher. Hopefully they rest a few more ( they only have short turnaround until their first final) before Sunday.

meek

Juniors
Hopefully having a look in the mirror and deciding that next year, he will fulfil his potential. Good player, but he could be great. Now, he is just meh...

spot on - sorry to the Grant fans but IMO he's really severely overrated by panther fans -
I think correct me if im wrong Grant and Mckendry are the last of the crazy Oleary/Elliott contracted players still here ?
If he truly is paid big bucks id be looking at trying to offload Grant and keep Mckendry.

Anyhow Manly Game - think this could be anything - if Walsh has a shocker then could be 60+
not confident even allowing for Manly resting some stars .

Go Panthers

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Season is over. He is pretty banged up and I believe requires surgery. No point playing when there is nothing on the line.

Panther Pete

Juniors
What a fantastic way to finish the year!! Throughout the whole game I just kept thinking I wish we could keep Mose. Hopefully all the boys will now enjoy a couple of months off and then get stuck into pre season with all our new recruits......bring on 2014!!!!

mxlegend99

Referee
Good win. Could have been a huge margin if Brad Tighe wasn't picked. 2 of his errors lead to tries against us. It's great to see Mansour scoring tries that people seemed to think he couldn't do. He has proven he is good regardless of how the team around him plays... but when they play well he can score tries. :cool:

Wish we could have kept Mose for 2014. IMO he's the only player leaving that will be a big loss. The others are quiet easily covered IMO.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Really glad they got the win today.

IMO if they hadn't got the win and ended up in 12th or 13th position it wouldn't have been a true reflection of how much this side has improved. Add in the new recruits and work on our consistency and I think we will really be a good shot of finding a position in the finals comfortable next season.

franklin2323

Immortal
Good win. Coote with the poor attempt on DCE & Matai proved he's not a fb so wont be a huge loss from the 1. Halves maybe even still good luck to him.

Lets kidnap Masoe & keep him here. Though Manu was good when pushed up.

A shame about the 8-6 loss & the Tigers at home a different season with those result. Decent season 11 wins is up from last year

Puntastic

Juniors
Last Walsh game :)

The perfect summary of one of the most crucial problems at Penrith came when Walsh threw that Tighe was only ever going to catch if he was on Masoe's shoulders.

In the u20s, the halfback for the wooden spooners was able to pull off virtually the same pass that our 1st string half couldn't.

From this, I think that a key difference between 2013 and 2014 will be that many liabilities will be gone next year. We're a football team that seems to beat ourselves as much as the opposition does with silly errors a lot of the time. It seems that to beat a team like Melbourne, you have to really work them into exhaustion; to beat us, you have to exploit one or two weaknesses.

I think 2014 is going to be a year where we'll really solidify what we've been working on and get these fatal errors out of our game.

chrisD

Coach
Showed good resolve, good most the parting players got something. So ironic that Newton coming back inside Walsh produced a try.

Disappointed our edge defence didn't really improve all season. That try on off the scrum was so simple and easy.

It's great to see Mansour scoring tries that people seemed to think he couldn't do. He has proven he is good regardless of how the team around him plays... but when they play well he can score tries. :cool:

Over 200m, 12 tackle breaks, 3 line breaks, 3 offloads, 2 penalties earned and a try. He doesn't need to be given open looks at the try line to make a big contribution, but can finish all the same.

meek

Juniors
spot on - sorry to the Grant fans but IMO he's really severely overrated by panther fans -
I think correct me if im wrong Grant and Mckendry are the last of the crazy Oleary/Elliott contracted players still here ?
If he truly is paid big bucks id be looking at trying to offload Grant and keep Mckendry.

Anyhow Manly Game - think this could be anything - if Walsh has a shocker then could be 60+
not confident even allowing for Manly resting some stars .

Go Panthers

Glad to be wrong
Well done Panthers
Great effort
All played well IMO -
Looking forward to Kite coming next year - will add some real expereince -
Latimore played quite good - Great defence - surprised me

Cant wait until next year - add in the players we have coming - particuarly Elijah Taylor - who is a gun IMO
and we will have the makings of a real good side
Seems we are in safe hand with Ivan and Gus - better than those buffoons Elliot and Mick O -

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Good win, positive finish to overall what i think was a good season for us. Really wish Mose wasnt leaving us.