What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Vs Melbourne

Jabs

Juniors
Dragons Starting Line-up Unchanged for Clash with Storm
3 August 2004

St.George Bank Dragons coach Nathan Brown has named an unchanged starting line-up to play the Storm at WIN Stadium this Friday night.

The seventh-placed Dragons will be hoping for an improved performance this weekend to equal the Storm on points and maintain a firm position in the top eight.

The last time the sides met, the fifth-placed Storm beat the Dragons 34-6 at Olympic Park in Round 3.

Dragons winger Nathan Blacklock is still suffering fluid on the knee and will miss this week’s clash.

NRL (Rd 22)

v Melbourne Storm

7.30pm Friday 6 August

WIN Stadium
Coach: Nathan Brown

1. Ben HORNBY
2. Nick YOUNGQUEST
3. John CARLAW
4. Matt COOPER
5. Reece SIMMONDS
6. Trent BARRETT (c)
7. Mathew HEAD
8. Brent KITE
9. Lincoln WITHERS
10. Jason RYLES
11. Mark RIDDELL
12. Ben CREAGH
13. Dean YOUNG

14. Ashton SIMS
15. Michael HENDERSON
16. Henry PERENARA
17. Aaron WHEATLEY

Why is the line-up unchanged after that pathetic performance on Saturday night?

Anonymous

Juniors
The side itself looks OK. Except there's still no Timmins, still no Thompson, and still no Gasnier.
IMO, it's always goung to be tough without those guys.

Willow said:
The side itself looks OK. Except there's still no Timmins, still no Thompson, and still no Gasnier.

You bet.
Particularly blokes like Timmo and Thommo, the work-horses. We miss them.

Anonymous

Juniors
Interesting note from the press release (thanks to the Dragons media):
...please note there is a change to the training schedule this week: training will be on Thursday night at 6.30pm NOT Friday morning 10am as previously advised. This session is CLOSED to the media and public.

It's very rare that Brown closes off training. Indicative of the importance of this match... perhaps.

Willow said:
Interesting note from the press release (thanks to the Dragons media):
...please note there is a change to the training schedule this week: training will be on Thursday night at 6.30pm NOT Friday morning 10am as previously advised. This session is CLOSED to the media and public.

It's very rare that Brown closes off training. Indicative of the importance of this match... perhaps.

...or maybe he's realised if there are no cameras around he can give Baz another smack in the chops! lol

Your right, Willow. This game is it. Crunch time... our semi's start now.

Ribs

Bench
Is it just me or is Youngquest sh*t? They went on about his yards made and that try but that try made up half the yards he made and he didnt have to do squat to score it. He is a liability.

Whats wrong with throwing Wes on the wing?

Jamesy

Juniors
Ribs said:
Is it just me or is Youngquest sh*t? They went on about his yards made and that try but that try made up half the yards he made and he didnt have to do squat to score it. He is a liability.

Whats wrong with throwing Wes on the wing?

Dats what i said bloody 3 weeks ago. Wes is a much better player.

Jamesy

Juniors
just read on another forum dat scott hill has been ruled out for friday nite. can anyone confirm this or deny this?

Jamesy

Juniors
this is good news. the prices mite change considerably for the game. currentl the dragons are paying $1.65 with the storm at $2.15.

weasel

First Grade
Gosh, I don't know why we're starting favourites. We've played one good match since Round 17 and we didn't even win. This is our make or break game. Win it and we'll probably finish fifth or sixth (top four is probably beyond us now), lose and we'll more than likely end up seventh or eighth (or perhaps even out of the eight). Our hopes of having a finals campaign lasting more than one week hinges on this result.

DevilDragon

Juniors
Wezman007 said:
just read on another forum dat scott hill has been ruled out for friday nite. can anyone confirm this or deny this?

I also heard this on big sports breakfast as there has been a massive plunge of money on the dragons because of Hills absence.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
From: dragon-man013 (Original Message) Sent: 8/6/2004 11:52 AM

starting pack: ryles,riddell,sims
young,timmins
kite
res: poore,henderson,withers,creagh.
backs as per programme.

This blokes usually pretty reliable... it could be why the training session willow was speaking about is off limits... could be that brown wants to practice the new starting pack without giving away any secrets... thats my opinion...

Taken from http://groups.msn.com/worldofrugbyl...Modified=4675483641575647509&all_topics=0

S2H

Juniors
Isn't Timmo injured? Has Kite ever played lock?

Interesting Line up. I'll believe it when I see it.

Simon

Juniors
If you watched the footy show last night when Ryles interviewed Barrett he said something along the lines of only you and Timmo left from the 99 grand final. This to me says that Timmins is playing tonight. Only because Thompson and Blacklock played in the grand final and and are still around but they didn't get a mention.

Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Willow said:

You bet.
Particularly blokes like Timmo and Thommo, the work-horses. We miss them.

It's those two in particular they are pretty much the heart and soul of the place as well. Luke Bailey is another big loss as well.

Timmins
Thompson
Bailey

That three do all the hard stuff for Saints, the little 1%ers that go mostly unnoticed. Make the big tackles, grab a loose ball, pressure a kicker into error. Make a great hit up when the side is under pressure. It was really noticeable in the second half last week. Sims or Creagh or Withers have to be those blokes tonight.

Mark Riddell last tryscorer tonight, he is due. ;-)

Latest posts