What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Sharks

Frederick

Staff member
Ponga
Young
Gagai
Best
Tuala
Clifford
Clune
Dan
Randall
Jacob
Frizell
Jones
Mann

Crossland
Thompson
Croker
Sue/Jirah

Jono078

Referee
I think that'll be it.

Sue has to be in for Jirah I think. Even Sasagi. Jirah is not getting the minutes and it's clear there isn't the confidence in him.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think that'll be it.

Sue has to be in for Jirah I think. Even Sasagi. Jirah is not getting the minutes and it's clear there isn't the confidence in him.

Unless one of those other benchies learns how to play second-row overnight I think Jirah will keep getting picked as an insurance policy. Why do we need three bench props?

The drums might start beating louder for Edrick to come in now for his ability to cart it out of our end. I’m not sure Brodie is capable of the tough yards Fitzgibbon is. Brodie/Best/Tuala looks a bit light on on the left edge to me. Barnett is also a metre eater in the middle we will be without.

Jono078

Referee
Unless one of those other benchies learns how to play second-row overnight I think Jirah will keep getting picked as an insurance policy. Why do we need three bench props?
He was only a 6 minute insurance policy today, so I don't think that holds up. I'm sure between Sue, Sasagi, Saifitis they can cover 5-10 minutes in the second row.

Johns Magic

Referee
He was only a 6 minute insurance policy today, so I don't think that holds up. I'm sure between Sue, Sasagi, Saifitis they can cover 5-10 minutes in the second row.

Today was not the insurance policy scenario. We could not replace Barnett.

Sasagi is not on our bench. If a second-rower goes off injured in the 1st minute and we have to chuck someone on the edge for a full game, we would be much better off with Jirah than Sue.

Yosh

Coach
Wasn't it between Fermor and Fitzy back then? We chose Fitzy and the rest is history I believe.

I also think we let Starling go too early also. Tapine is a gun but I think we couldn't hold onto him at all right?

Jono078

Referee
Knights were in a tough spot with all of them.

Fermor had his injury concerns and he's only looking consistently good this year.. Would have been a long time to hang onto him to only start seeing the rewards now.

Tapine was hard to compete with for the money.

Starling was an undersized hooker that didn't really look up to it. The 6-again rules really play to his strengths.

PhilGould

Bench
Fermor was coming off a bad knee injury and got a much bigger offer to go "home" to SEQ than what the Knights would offer him, so they let him go early.

Spot On

Coach
Wasn't it between Fermor and Fitzy back then? We chose Fitzy and the rest is history I believe.

I also think we let Starling go too early also. Tapine is a gun but I think we couldn't hold onto him at all right?

I’d much prefer the props we have than Tapine.

Starling, however, has turned into a very good 9. Has a lot of great attributes. That said, Randall is no slouch and is improving out of sight.