What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Storm

Panfas

Juniors
Great win. My favourite part our first try where billy gave up the chase on Simmons at the half way mark.....
I dont understand why Billy just stopped. Yes, that is something Hayne would do, but Billy? hmmm something is not right down south

Panfas

Juniors
I mentioned in another thread, but do you think T Robbo could play centre once mansour is back? Im not sure if he could handle the defensive side
1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Robinson
4. Whare
5. Simmons

I mentioned in another thread, but do you think T Robbo could play centre once mansour is back? Im not sure if he could handle the defensive side
1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Robinson
4. Whare
5. Simmons

I don't think his defence is good enough for centre. Not yet anyway.

Karnivayne

Juniors
1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Robinson
4. Whare
5. Simmons

No definitely not. Roberts will be match fit in a few games then we will have this backline.
1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Roberts
4. Whare
5. Simmons

betcats

Referee
I dont understand why Billy just stopped. Yes, that is something Hayne would do, but Billy? hmmm something is not right down south

Its not the first time Ive seen Billy stop early in a chase this season. I think he is just saving energy, he plays a lot of footy.

Big Mick

Referee
Yep, given Simmons form over the last month you'd have to say he has passed Travis Robinson.

I love the fact Whare is finally lining up at centre where I've been saying (as a lot of you as well) he'd be better all year.

soc123_au

Staff member
I really hope we resign Simmons. At his worst he is a decent first grader that wont let you down. At his best, well he is no Greg Inglis but a good finisher, above average defender & gives some experience to what will be a very young backline assuming we end up with what most have picked as our best. Robinson shows promise, but the Limmo has it over him at this stage.

maple_69

Bench
Whare kind of reminds me of Whatuira. Not a superstar but has solid defence and is a great link man. He seems to make very good decisions when the ball reaches him. Great player to have.

Big Mick

Referee
The players I'd like to re-sign if not purely for depth out of the veterans:

David Simmons
Nigel Plum

I think if we can get these two to stay at a reasonable rate, we should allow them to stay. But if they get an above market value offer we should let them leave.

Ciraldo, Newton etc...all out.

soc123_au

Staff member
Agree on Plum as well Mick. Him & Docker belting the opposition is a good thing. He was reasonable hitting it up last night as well.

Big Mick

Referee
Whare kind of reminds me of Whatuira. Not a superstar but has solid defence and is a great link man. He seems to make very good decisions when the ball reaches him. Great player to have.

Good comparison. A bit more speed but good comparison.

Even runs like him...a bit hunched over and his footwork is a lot like Whatuira.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep, given Simmons form over the last month you'd have to say he has passed Travis Robinson.

I love the fact Whare is finally lining up at centre where I've been saying (as a lot of you as well) he'd be better all year.

I am not sold on Mansour over Robinson. As bad as Robinson's defence is I can't remember any glaring mistakes and 3 tries in 3 games 2 against top 4 teams is pretty handy as well. That has to be weighted up against Mansour's workrate and metres gained

Copperhead

Juniors
I am not sold on Mansour over Robinson. As bad as Robinson's defence is I can't remember any glaring mistakes and 3 tries in 3 games 2 against top 4 teams is pretty handy as well. That has to be weighted up against Mansour's workrate and metres gained

He made a mistake that led to Melbourne's first try. He often looks a little lost out there, but his speed is such a huge asset. Mansour isn't fast, but I think the only thing he lacks is a decent centre inside him. He's never had any help from his centre, so we only ever see him doing the grunt work.

Big Mick

Referee
Robinson has had more opportunity than Mansour but in recent weeks to score tries.

I think Mansour is far better imo.

franklin2323

Immortal
Robinson has had more opportunity than Mansour but in recent weeks to score tries.

Really? Has Brown passed Robinson the ball yet? Still 3 more games to go anyway so anything can happen in that time.

franklin2323

Immortal
He made a mistake that led to Melbourne's first try. He often looks a little lost out there, but his speed is such a huge asset. Mansour isn't fast, but I think the only thing he lacks is a decent centre inside him. He's never had any help from his centre, so we only ever see him doing the grunt work.

A drop ball much like Mansour v Cowboys. The miss against Parra was like the Mansour misses against Canberra and Souths.

Robinson's only played outside Brown. So that has affected him though lets see in 3 games time. A couple of shockers or Blinders either way could push a clear favourite

Big Mick

Referee
I think his positioning hasn't been the best to be honest. That is an area I believe Mansour is far better in that is pretty critical.

Karnivayne

Juniors

I agree but definitely handy to have in case of injury now that he has somewhat proved himself in the NRL.

At the moment he is probably 3rd in line; Mansour, Simmons, Robinson, Nabuli. Wouldn't be too far off David Simmons though and Nabuli whilst i have ranked him down the order, for his experience level and how quickly he is developing it wouldn't surprise me if he was first choice by the end of the season.

panthersam

Juniors
Outstanding effort from the boys, that defense in the second half was amazing.

Moylan continues to show that he is going to be a superstar of the future, whether it be at fullback or in the halves. His touch and ball handling skills are some of the best I've seen in a Panthers jersey in a fair while.

Bring on the Warriors next weekend :)

Panfas

Juniors
Out of curiosity, who is considered to be the most promising player? Moylan, Moss or DWZ?

Latest posts