What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Storm

perverse

Referee
Fa'alogo needs to get a run. Team as expected other than that really. Not surprised Wayne isn't looking at Mamo yet.

Hard to change a side that lost in the last 5 mins. We lost to a side that is looking to be much improved this year. I like our chances in Melbourne. It will require total control of the ball coming out of our end though. A near flawless possession stat. If we drop the ball it needs to be attempting to break their line inside their 20. If we don't do any of that we will get smashed. We do however have the benefit of knowing we can win at AAMI. Let's be fair dinkum here. If we win this it will be close to ranking in the top 5 greatest wins in our club's history. I would suggest theStorm look more vulnerable than I can recall in a long time. The new rules have brought them back into the pack in a big way. Manly lost the plot once Stewart was injured. Penrith just could not get the job done. Melbourne should by rights be 0 and 2.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
We lost to Anthony Milford, a dash of Jarrod Croker and a side order of Papalii until he was injured. The rest of the Raiders were pedestrian at best for mine, although their forward pack certainly gave us a bit of a bath as an all-round statement, too. I don't see much improvement in their team to be honest. We didn't lose to a good team. We will get trashed by a good one unless there's some sort of dramatic change in both our form and fortune.

I see little to be optimistic about... I'm wondering whether I'll even watch the match this week... and I can't remember the last time I missed a Knights game.

I saw a Canberra team that can go with a side punch for punch more than in the past. They are notorious faders under the pump. Much like the old us.

slotmachine

First Grade
Raiders are bottom four material.

No one banging down the door for selection in NSW Cup means a copy/paste job.
Lets just hope we don't cop a proper shafting so out f/a stays in shape.

perverse

Referee
Our only real hope for this season to be anything but mediocre consists of the following:

- Damage control until Mullo and Boyd are back
- Resolve hooker situation
- Get another respectable prop from somewhere... be it within the club or brought in from outside.

That's bare minimum for mine. I've pretty much got my head in the sand until step 2. I don't have much hope for the next 3 weeks.

broncos2010

Juniors
Raiders are bottom four material.

No one banging down the door for selection in NSW Cup means a copy/paste job.
Lets just hope we don't cop a proper shafting so out f/a stays in shape.

Milford has that feel of hayne in 09 this year when I watch him no matter how bad the raiders look they pass the ball to him and he can make it happen from anywhere on the field at the moment.

Couple times in that game knights looked in control in the second half before milford magic popped up a couple times, raiders did not win the match Milford won the match.

He nearly did the same for them in round 1.

perverse

Referee
It's going to be a real test of Wayne's ego... this Gidley situation. If Gids stays fit and doesn't deliver, he's going to have a very tough decision to make. His brain will be telling him what the right answer is...

Zoidberg

First Grade
I have a bad feeling about Dobson's short flat balls (that sounds weird, maybe I should've said "passes"). I can really see someone reading this pass well and getting an intercept. Hopefully if he can see a defender planning this he will run himself.

Apey

Staff member
Off-topic, how long has this 'The Mighty Newcastle Knights' FB page been going for? Funny to see some names from here I recognise posting on the page amongst the nonsense.

aqua_duck

Coach
I get blasted more than most for being 'negative' and not supporting the team, FFS they make out as if we go down to training and heckle the players

Apey

Staff member
Damn, two others I didn't recognise, now I feel like I've been missing out :lol:

At least it's an upgrade from the comments on the official Knights page.

Apey

Staff member
Will leave it to others to post their names of course but the main reason I brought it up was because when I saw 5 or so LU names (JW, Mis, perv, CH etc) I recognised it made me wonder if people had been talking to each other on there not realising they had had the same conversion on here previously, lol.

Latest posts