What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs tigers

Seats now confirmed in the Stand... A-Reserve tickets.

Mates repaying a favour. His shout, neato.
Enjoy mr. quigs! You're pleasure is the only reason I have to hope for sharks win. It is pretty meaningless otherwise. Mainly just want to see some reason to be hopefull for 2022. up! up! cronulla!

Have you seen Lualua play ?

If not I wouldn't comment. We're still in a position to make the finals so we need to pick best players available and Hiroti is better than Lualua. I don't get the Hiroti hate to be honest, sure he's no world beater but he did a pretty good job for us when we needed him.

If finals becomes unobtainable then sure give the kids a crack.
Well I honestly cant see the need to make the finals with no hope of going much further , at expense of blooding ,and assessing players who might be valuable once we get a team assembled that really can have a serious crack. Ppl were writing off Jack Williams , Kennedy, Sione Katoa, etc etc .... They are coming good with experience in first grade . Give some of the youngsters experience .Persisted with SJ even after he signed elsewhere ? I just dont get it . Make the finals and get flogged ?What will that do ?

Chimp

Juniors
He was playing pretty rubbish footy too, couple that with breaking the bubble it's pretty hard to fight his way back in with no NSW cup to get form.
I’m actually thinking that the club know that being in a bubble situation with no escape from the world of NRL would be no good for his mental health, so have spared him - no doubt helped by the fact he wasn’t in good touch anyway, so why not leave him home where he’s most likely to be of sound mind.

Quigs

Immortal
They should be paying you Quigs to watch this tripe. Not the other way around

(Psssssts, "I'm not paying") Mates shout he wanted to repay me for doing a painting of his kids. He is a mad Tory and Tiges fan and I call him Barnaby. During last fed election night they were involved in the Relay for Life. I gave the kids popcorn each and told him to dig in as the results were coming through. He sent me a photo during the night. Scummo won the prick and as my penance I did a painting of that photo with some artist license I included a book in the foreground.

I titled the piece: The Misguided Children Of Clan Watts
misguided-kids-x400.jpg

Last edited:

fizman

Bench
(Psssssts, "I'm not paying") Mates shout he wanted to repay me for doing a painting of his kids. He is a mad Tory and Tiges fan and I call him Barnaby. During last fed election night they were involved in the Relay for Life. I gave the kids popcorn each and told him to dig in as the results were coming through. He sent me a photo during the night. Scummo won the prick and as my penance I did a painting of that photo with some artist license I included a book in the foreground.

misguided-kids-x400.jpg
Hahahahahaha....I see what you did there,

Ozzi_78

First Grade

misguided-kids-x400.jpg
Kid on the left looks like Gallen.

Quigs

Immortal
Don't tell his dad that. The bastard will smoother his poor first born in his sleep.

Stake Removed

First Grade

misguided-kids-x400.jpg
I hope they have full strength grog at the game with our mob playing

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
Well I honestly cant see the need to make the finals with no hope of going much further , at expense of blooding ,and assessing players who might be valuable once we get a team assembled that really can have a serious crack. Ppl were writing off Jack Williams , Kennedy, Sione Katoa, etc etc .... They are coming good with experience in first grade . Give some of the youngsters experience .Persisted with SJ even after he signed elsewhere ? I just dont get it . Make the finals and get flogged ?What will that do ?
Each to their own but I think making the finals still matters, and for a few reasons.

- Keeps the streak alive, which is a nice thing to have and gloat over the Dragons , Tigers etc.
- If we make it it means the likes of the Raiders, Tigers etc haven't made it, which is obviously great
- Good experience for the players, even if we bow out first week
- Can't hurt with recruitment if you couple that with Fitz, McInnes, Hynes and Finucane. I have no doubt our recruitment isn't over, maybe no big names but not over

ghoti

Bench
Each to their own but I think making the finals still matters, and for a few reasons.

- Keeps the streak alive, which is a nice thing to have and gloat over the Dragons , Tigers etc.
- If we make it it means the likes of the Raiders, Tigers etc haven't made it, which is obviously great
- Good experience for the players, even if we bow out first week
- Can't hurt with recruitment if you couple that with Fitz, McInnes, Hynes and Finucane. I have no doubt our recruitment isn't over, maybe no big names but not over
Finals experience for the young guys is huge.. game changes when everything's on the line and there's no 'make up for it next week' element. The Canberra final (for the first half anyway) had guys like Tracey and Kennedy playing out of their skin, forward put in huge games and we were a chance to compete if Brailey didn't go down. Doesn't mean much within the season, but they're huge lessons for the next time you come into an elimination final.

Even though we haven't been a genuine finals threat since (arguably) 2017, it's a lot more positive moving forward to be making finals every year than to be one of those sides like Wests, GC, Cowboys, etc who are perennially fighting for 9th-12th..

Weaponhead

Coach
Making the finals matters as has been stated above but it is not a massive deal in the bigger picture. The injury toll is very tough to overcome. Easts injury toll is reported on ad nauseum, but not a peep about the Sharks. Taking out Graham, Johnson and Moylan removes that vast majority of creativity. The upside is that Tricky has had to step up and the experience will allow the staff to assess him under game conditions to see what they are working with.

A reasonable expectation for next season is 6th-8th. Moving above the mid table, average teams and challenging the top 4 on our day.

From there, it is about being in a position to win. It will take a few years in all likelihood but it should be an interesting ride.

imasharkie

Coach
No Moylan = No Win ( is the usual) so hopefully he'll be starting at 5/8 and he is the lucky charm and put your money on Kennedy having a blinder. If Moylan plays and lasts the game out we'll win this one.

Stake Removed

First Grade
No Moylan = No Win ( is the usual) so hopefully he'll be starting at 5/8 and he is the lucky charm and put your money on Kennedy having a blinder. If Moylan plays and lasts the game out we'll win this one.
Moylan plays we win 56%, when he doesn't 44%

Latest posts