What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teamlist Tuesday - Rnd 20 Vs Roosters | Thursday 29 July @ Mackay

Like any respectable footy fan I don't bother watching that defence shit. But I thought Jrthur actually did a couple of promising things in attack. And my guess is his kicking game is the best of the available options. And Will Smith has had a tonne of opportunities and mostly disappointed, so happy enoughish to see Jrthur get another go. Only real concern is that if he's having a stinker then the old man might be reluctant to hook him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How the f**k do you know that he has the best kicking game after Moses? Are you there at training?

Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. You seriously have massive issues.
When I use words like 'best' I am making a judgement, not a statement of fact. What I'm basing it on is the handful of Arthur's games I've seen, and comparing them to the dozens of games I've seen from other kickers Drown, Gutherson, Mahoney, Catrwright, Matterson and Will Smith. I think Arthur is better than all of them.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It’s amazing how Bea has found a new found interest in investing in youth, considering how he was for years loathe to give any young blokes a chance and they were always the first to get thrown under the bus.

I’m shocked half the side isn’t now the Rouse Hill Rhino’s, or Bea Jr Jr hasn’t also been given a spot in the top 30 I’m sure he trains and tries just as hard as Jakob……..

Bandwagon

Staff member
Arthurs goes ok in attack, not great, but certainly good enough to be a back up at most clubs. It's his defense that's lacking.

Roosters gonna run big merkins at him all night, so the blokes either side of him are gonna have to work hard, and our middle is gonna need to push across to cover. We do that and the kid will be ok.

What we'll really miss is Moses' bombs, and his clearing kicks, neither Drown nor Arthurs come close there, but to be fair neither do most starting halves in the NRL.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t think anyone is saying JArthur is a bad player but it’s clear that physically and skill wise he’s just not ready. He was poor defensively last week and offered nothing in attack. Will Smith could do a better job for a week or two.

Be carefully Jake. You say one thing negative about any of our players and you will be labelled a death rider.
I agree the kid is physically not ready. He shows very little. Comparing him with the teen prodigy from the Roosters is ridiculous. That kids attack is up there with some of the best in NRL. So carrying him in defense is worth it.
I better say something positive before the N u t hug e rs come with their pitch forks.

hindy111

Post Whore
Pull your penis.

We have a dearth of halves in the NRL and you are suggesting that clubs should try and carefully nurture players with promise? Like f**k they should. Given the current state, you’ll likely get a starting spot somewhere as long as you don’t trip on your own shoelaces.

In other words, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure

You regularly astound me with both your stupidity and inferior plumbing skills.

Hang your useless head in shame.

Jerome Luai was kept in reserves till almost 22. Burton was 20....Both prodigious talents.
I do my research before I start blabbing my tongue.

hindy111

Post Whore
When I use words like 'best' I am making a judgement, not a statement of fact. What I'm basing it on is the handful of Arthur's games I've seen, and comparing them to the dozens of games I've seen from other kickers Drown, Gutherson, Mahoney, Catrwright, Matterson and Will Smith. I think Arthur is better than all of them.

I am the best. How's that for a statement.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Jerome Luai was kept in reserves till almost 22. Burton was 20....Both prodigious talents.
I do my research before I start blabbing my tongue.
I don’t think either of those cases prove anything other than the fact that the Panthers have the best development systems and pathways.

Hopefully we are able to create something similar in the future.

strider

Post Whore
It’s amazing how Bea has found a new found interest in investing in youth, considering how he was for years loathe to give any young blokes a chance and they were always the first to get thrown under the bus.

I’m shocked half the side isn’t now the Rouse Hill Rhino’s, or Bea Jr Jr hasn’t also been given a spot in the top 30 I’m sure he trains and tries just as hard as Jakob……..
yeah young blokes like dylan brown and reed mahoney never get a game

hineyrulz

Post Whore
yeah young blokes like dylan brown and reed mahoney never get a game
Rheedy only got a go when there was no one else, even though he had been killing it in the lower grades and he had plodders like King and Prichard ahead of him. It’s a credit to him that he has made that spot his own.

And Brown also only got a go because there was no one else once Borey got punted( one of BA’s best decisions by the way) but over the 8 years he’s been loathe to blood youth and it normally is only the last resort. And if the young blokes do have an off night they are always the ones that seem to make way while an experienced player is fine to stink it up for whole seasons. You only have to look at Jennings in 2018 or Sivo last year. But now look at the golden ride his son has gotten and continues to get even though he has shown while he is talented and will be a first grader IMO he is at least 2 off seasons away from being first grade standard. Even worse he is made the main playmaker while Brown is continually underused and quite frankly wasted IMO.

Gronk

Staff member
Rheedy only got a go when there was no one else, even though he had been killing it in the lower grades and he had plodders like King and Prichard ahead of him.

So Jake Arthur has got a go because Will Smith the brain fart plodder was behind him ? Is that what you're saying ?

Maybe Brthur is nervous having W Smith as his back up fullback and rightly so.
He’s not the only one, the longer he goes without an absolute brain fart the worse it’s going to be when he does have one. Carige like even.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So Jake Arthur has got a go because Will Smith the brain fart plodder was behind him ? Is that what you're saying ?
Not a fan of Dill Smith at all, but at least he is psychically up to the rigors of first grade.

Put him at 6 and get him to make his tackles and get him to do Browns role. If Brown isn’t a better option at 7 I’m an astronaut.

This mentality of protected a limited coach no matter what and that he’s the best option we could have is absolutely laughable and shows the low standard of the club and the majority if it’s fans.

Latest posts