What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teamlist Tuesday - Rnd 20 Vs Roosters | Thursday 29 July @ Mackay

lucablight

First Grade
Maybe Bushy will tell them not to score so many tries this time?
That game isn’t a good example if you’re trying to counter the criticism of the teams attack. We had 64% possession plus completed at 88% and the game was in the balance until the 75th minute. It should have been a carve up if the attack was clicking in that game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That game isn’t a good example if you’re trying to counter the criticism of the teams attack. We had 64% possession plus completed at 88% and the game was in the balance until the 75th minute. It should have been a carve up if the attack was clicking in that game.
We won by 13+, and our whole game is to control the ball and grind teams down. That's what suits our roster, that's how we play our best. If we score five tries and win from grinding then we've played well. It's a good thing if we have 57% possession in a game (that's how much we had when we played the Roosters, not 64%). I don't see how you can spin it as a negative.

When we were shit we lost the possession count every week.

lucablight

First Grade
We won by 13+, and our whole game is to control the ball and grind teams down. That's what suits our roster, that's how we play our best. If we score five tries and win from grinding then we've played well. It's a good thing if we have 57% possession in a game (that's how much we had when we played the Roosters, not 64%). I don't see how you can spin it as a negative.

When we were shit we lost the possession count every week.
I’m using the NRL app which says 64%. If you think we played well by having 64% possession and not having the game wrapped up until the 75th minute then I’m not the one doing the spinning.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m using the NRL app which says 64%. If you think we played well by having 64% possession and not having the game wrapped up until the 75th minute then I’m not the one doing the spinning.
Champion Data is more reliable. It's what the clubs use: https://mc.championdata.com/nrl/

And if we did have 64% possession then I'd say we controlled the ball very well. Imagine how many tries the Chooks would've scored if they had more than 36% of the ball. That's why it was so close with five minutes to go, not because our attack was bad, but because our defence was. We conceded three tries ffs!

I believe your NRL app will show you that the top four teams at controlling possession are also the top four on the ladder. It's no coincidence. How easily that is converted to points comes down to how much strike you have. Those other three teams are full of Origin players.

Maybe if our guys didn't make so many errors we would be better able to chance our hand with the ball:

errors.PNG

But then maybe if they could hold the ball more of the useless merkins would be Origin players?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
BA is definitely under the pump atm. He cant afford us to collapse in a heap and limp into the finals.

No doubt the sentiment from fans is changing especially now his son his getting picked when he probably wouldn't be if he wasnt his son. Not a lot of people are happy he has got another game after last week.

Throw in last week's insipid performance along with a tough run into finals the heat is on the club to stand up

Hopefully our board doesn't care what fans are saying or wanting. When the board was beholden to fans they changed coaches every 2.5 seasons and we rarely made the finals

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How many points did we put on the Roosters last time?
Was that the game where the Roosters lost two players before half time???? The game where we had 64% of the ball and only put them away in the 75th min???

That game??? They already had a heap out and lost two more??? It was more proof that our shitty attack struggles to break down the top sides......

But yeah f**k 31 points, time for a triple roper!!!!!

TheRam

Coach
Supporters can’t remember anything beyond a week. Luckily players and coaches can.

Or we can adjust our thinking when circumstances change.

Just like how the Panthers have gone to sh*t when their halfback got injured, our team is no different. If our opposition give it to us in the middle, we don't have the playmaker/s that can do what Moses can and kick us to victory or ball play well enough.

But lets just see what happens tonight, why don't we? You never know Brown could surprise us all find a passing and or kicking game.

I am not expecting much from a rookie half who has been thrust into this position at 18yrs and is clearly physically not ready. It isn't fair on the kid and if he has a shocker he isn't to blame, but is father is.

If he goes well, then bonus, but it still doesn't mean he is ready. It would mean that for whatever reason the Chooks didn't exploit him well enough and we managed to protect him this time around.

TheRam

Coach
Can Russell kick?

Otherwise we have the same kicking issue.

Are you referring to goal kicks? If you mean general play, I am sure he can kick well enough if he needs to in the right circumstances to set up a scoring opportunity if needed.

Goal kicking I don't know.

TheRam

Coach
You reckon throwing a few hospital passes would've been the go? You're a tactical genius ffs

Yeah mate that's what we needed hospital passes. That's what the Storm do when teams are smashing them up the middle and standing offside.

Jeez you have such a negative losers mentality. It's painful reading your sh*t. I pity your loved ones and how your negativity must impact them.

You really should just try and be a little aspirational mate. The rewards are tremendously beneficial in all parts of life.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah mate that's what we needed hospital passes. That's what the Storm do when teams are smashing them up the middle and standing offside.
I think you'll agree their roster is built quite differently from ours. Not only do they have a great pack like ours but they have plenty of speed on the edges. But you seem to think if we play like them we'll get the same results? Don't be a dumdum TheRam. You're better than that.

TheRam

Coach
I think you'll agree their roster is built quite differently from ours. Not only do they have a great pack like ours but they have plenty of speed on the edges. But you seem to think if we play like them we'll get the same results? Don't be a dumdum TheRam. You're better than that.
Or we could play to the conditions of the game. Oh wait, we can't pass the ball 2 off the ruck apparently.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We made 66 non-hit up runs. The problem was that Canberra had 'good line speed' right across the field, not just around the ruck. Classic tactic for stopping the shift. If you'd been watching the game for long enough you would've seen it before.

TheRam

Coach
We made 66 non-hit up runs. The problem was that Canberra had 'good line speed' right across the field, not just around the ruck. Classic tactic for stopping the shift. If you'd been watching the game for long enough you would've seen it before.

Which I have and that is why I know that there are relatively simple and effective ways to respond to it if you have players that have a little bit of nous and have trained thoroughly for it. Just listen to Sterols' dissection of the game. Oh that's right, what would he know, he didn't speak to B. Smith once.

Latest posts