What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teamlist Tuesday - Rnd 20 Vs Roosters | Thursday 29 July @ Mackay

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Of course it's not all the coaches fault, but he hasn't addressed our obvious limitations with the ball and the buck stops with him. We have very good players that I believe if were coached better would then be able to execute different plays when the main base structure and game plan isn't working.
Possibly mate.

I think our squad is solid but I don’t see a lot of footy smarts.

Are we overly structured because of the coach or the players? I’d say it’s a bit of both.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You also said earlier this year -

Like I said at the time the reason he let Cronk go was because Cronk wanted to move up to Sydney to be with his Fiancé now wife at the time, which everyone knew about but you apparently. In the end though Bellamy made the right call and kept the better player in Hughes. He then brought the best out of him within a couple of seasons of intense training and focus. He now is a player that can execute a desired game plan even when Munster or Grant are not there to help him.

Like I said, you have no idea. Ask Bellamy if Hughes has stepped up or not? Oh that's right he only heaped massive praise on him a few weeks ago and that he is close to the best half in the game only behind Cleary. I wonder why he let Croft go and kept Hughes?

Like I said, with the right coaching you can get the talented players who need the right guidance and direction to fulfill their inner talent and reach its upper limits. We have so many players that fall under this category it isn't funny. We need better coaches. BA needs to realise his limitations and surround himself appropriately.
Hughes is having a personal best season, but then so is Nico Hynes. Both of them look far better than they are thanks to support from much better players. If Croft was still there he would look just as good, but the Storm needed to make some cap space and Hughes was cheaper to keep than Croft. Plus the Broncos were keen on him. Hughes was a nobody when Croft left, which is all Melbourne needed to play second fiddle to Munster. And Cameron Smith. And Billy Slater.

You might notice Gennings was having a career best season at Melbourne, before his injury. And how do you reckon JAC will go at the Dogs next year? I dare say he will have a worse season than George Jennings.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Possibly mate.

I think our squad is solid but I don’t see a lot of footy smarts.

Are we overly structured because of the coach or the players? I’d say it’s a bit of both.
You only have to compare our current structure to 2017 to see Arthur's has us playing to our strengths.

lingard

Coach
Like Wally Lewis, Sterlo was too naturally gifted to understand how lesser players work. Finding the right pass was easy for the likes of Sterlo. Less easy for a couple of halves with forty years and fifty NRL games between them. The reason defenders come hard at playmakers is because pressure forces errors. "Just pass the ball ffs" is shit advice from Sterlo. It's the kind of thing you'd say.

"Relatively simple and effective ways to respond to it" ffs. If it's so easy to beat it why do teams waste their effort with quick line speed, or even 'quick line speed'?
The really good teams do it without quotation marks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And we did with Junior Paulo.

Good to see Bea listens to me, and i haven't even spoken to Brian Smith.
And I bet you don't understand why the top teams are able to force our defence to compress to the point we're giving up two- and three-man overlaps.

84 Baby

Referee
And Balder.
I’m tempted to buy these for you
images

Latest posts