What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams that commentators support

hellteam

First Grade
Just out of interest, what teams do NRL commentators support?

i know the obvious ones, that is the ones that used to recently play first grade for an nrl club, but what about the other ones?

- ray warren
- andrew voss
- warren smith
- that other fox sports commentator (andy raymond i think??)

and any other ones ive missed out on.

i have no idea why i want to know this, but i was just thinking about it today, and it is mid week so theres not as much to talk about haha

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Pretty sure Rabs is a Parra man. His son played for Marist I believe.

Warren Smith was a Balmain fan. Not sure if he has a soft spot for the Wests version.

ocko

juniors
ray warren= parra
warren smith= tigers

mark braybrook used to go for the bears

hellteam

First Grade
to me its always seemed like andrew voss supports the broncos.. is he from qld or nsw ?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Ray Warren is an Eel, lives not to far from the stadium and Andy Raymond I think his name is (Hosts NRL Teams) also follows Parramatta.

Matt Johns is a Newcastle boy, but when he was a kid he followed Balmain and I think he still dose to this day.

I cant work out Warren Smith or Andrew Voss, just cant.

eels_fan_01

Bench
You can tell Rabs is a Eels fan, just the way he commentates Eels games.

For some reason i always remember him saying in one game in 2001 we were spanking the Tigers and Jason Taylor went through a gap and he said "go son, get one yourself!". Just little things like that.

Knight87

Juniors
Well, I remember Andrew Voss did call Broncos matches (and also South Queensland Crushers matches IIRC (someone may be able to verify this for me), when they were in the comp) from 1995-1998 that Ch9 Sydney didn't cover, so I guess that probably explains his soft spot for them.

no name

Coach
I wonder who Ben Ikin supports?:sarcasm:

I wonder if we'll get "daddys" insiders knowledge for the drags next year

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I always thought that Gus supported the Roosters and at times the Bulldogs. He might have just been licking his lips at the Bulldogs players though.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Mario is a deadset Balmain fan...

I know Mark Geyer is envious of anyone that qualified for 3rd grade spelling bee's.

simmo1

First Grade
I always got the impression Voss liked the Cowboys. Warren Smith was revealed to be a Tigers man on NRL on Fox a while back. The rest are pretty obvious.

Knight87

Juniors
Yeah, Wozza is a Tigers man. I remember on NRL on Fox once, they showed footage of Balmain's first match (I think) at the SFS in 1988, and some Tigers player scored in the corner. The camera cut away to the crowd and a young 21 yr old Wozza was seen up off the seat, cheering the Tigers try. Infact, what was even funnier was his employer (wherever he was working at the time) spotted him and he got into a lot of trouble (as he supposedly called in sick from work that day). LOL!

Red Bear

Referee
David morrow supports the dragons, richard spenson the sharks and pretty sure craig hamilton is a newcastle man. No idea who warren ryan supports.

And pretty sure andrew voss said when he was growing up he was a rabbits fans