What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco fullback

MacDougall

First Grade
I think Nofoaluma is a better winger than Tedesco. Tedesco struggled to get involved last year off the wing. Then again he's a different beast this year so who knows.

Nofoaluma would suit Origin though I think. He plays the game hard and fast and has a freak play in him. He's about an inch shorter than Tedesco but 98kg where Teddy is 93kg I think.

I've not yet seen Nofoaluma have a bad game though. He's ridiculously consistent. He's had moments within games but never come out of one getting criticised over on the WT forum, which says a lot.

But we're here talking about Nofoaluma, Richards, Tedesco ... I can't believe how overlooked Kevin Gordon and David Mead have been for Origin. They almost never get a mention. Up on the Gold Coast they're out of sight out of mind. Then there's Michael Gordon as well who is almost back to his best. I'd be picking M Gordon on the wing ahead of just about anybody.

1. Dugan
2. M Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. B Morris

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
No disrespect tiger fans but not yet (same with Brooks)
let em have a full season in NRL before we start talk origin, Origin is completely different to NRL. no issue with City/Country though.

That backline looks pretty good, though id prob put Hayne on wing and Josh Morris as left centre with Brett and put Jennings at right centre (he can handle either side IMO). I think people easily forget that those morris boys are big, strong & fast, exactly what NSW needs.

if it came down to it, Id put McManus in before Tedesco, to be fair, he was solid in game 3 last year.

in my panthers glasses though, id like to see Idris hit career best form and play Origin

Last edited:

The Pelican

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Tupou
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. B.Morris

It's too soon for Tedesco to be considered imo, he's playing his first consistent period of footy in his career without injuries, just let him play with the Tigers and let him develop his game without the pressure of Origin. We don't need another Mullen situation.

Springs

First Grade
Stewart is still due back before Origin. He has to be first choice with Hayne at centre. Hayne to fullback if Stewart is out.
f**k Dugan.
(in order)
Fullback - Stewart, Hayne
Centres - Hayne, Jennings, J. Morris
Wingers - B. Morris, Taufua, McManus, Richards, Uate, Gordon

Joker's Wild

Coach
Uate needs to make sure he doesnt get dropped to NSWCup before thinking about Origin. Right now, he should be well down anyones list

Vic Mackey

Referee
McManus was good for nsw in game 3 last year, I agree that unless someone ridiculously stands out I'd give him the jersey again

typicalfan

Coach
Daniel Tupou would be closer to origin than Tedesco. He is inexperienced but he is deadly in the air. Roughie but I wouldn't put a line through him. He has a high ceiling.

I would like him to play this entire season first. He does currently look a good long term option, especially if him and Luke Brooks combination continues to grow.

I think you guys should. NSW should have done something like that years ago. Pick a core bunch of young players and stick with it, might be bad first year but then have a dynasty afterwards. QLD did it in 2003, leading to the current dominance. NSW did it in 1989 which lead to their dominance of the 90s.

BennyV

Referee
I think you guys should. NSW should have done something like that years ago. Pick a core bunch of young players and stick with it, might be bad first year but then have a dynasty afterwards. QLD did it in 2003, leading to the current dominance. NSW did it in 1989 which lead to their dominance of the 90s.

That's exactly how we ended up with Pearce...

some11

Referee
Cannot be selected.

It's bad enough the roosters stink but he dead set looks scared to take a run tonight.

some11

Referee
I try to bump old threads instead of starting new ones.

Edwards has been in better form than anyone else this season, yet he's been glossed over again.

Valheru

Coach
I try to bump old threads instead of starting new ones.

Edwards has been in better form than anyone else this season, yet he's been glossed over again.
He has been picked based on reputation and past service for sure but if there is anyone who deserves that, it is Teddy. he has done nothing but perform at an exceptionally high level for NSW and until that changes he will continue to get picked and if we are being honest he probably has enough credits in the bank to stink it up this year and still get picked next year.

Yeah it sucks for someone like Edwards but I doubt he would be picked ahead of Turbo or Latrell anyways.

Black Panther

Juniors
He has been picked based on reputation and past service for sure but if there is anyone who deserves that, it is Teddy. he has done nothing but perform at an exceptionally high level for NSW and until that changes he will continue to get picked and if we are being honest he probably has enough credits in the bank to stink it up this year and still get picked next year.

Yeah it sucks for someone like Edwards but I doubt he would be picked ahead of Turbo or Latrell anyways.
Tedesco gets the ball way to much in Origin, much the same as Gallen did. Often gets in the way more than anything.

Valheru

Coach
Tedesco gets the ball way to much in Origin, much the same as Gallen did. Often gets in the way more than anything.
Yeah that is a common criticism but I don't subscribe to it. Sounds like criticism for the sake of it when you can't find any other.

He is a 2 time Fitler medalist and has won multiple player of the match awards. He has literally won games on his own back when others have gone missing and has come close a couple other times in losing performances.

His time may be coming to an end but he deserves to be picked on past performance at this stage.