What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco fullback

betcats

Referee
Teddy deserves a chance defend his spot despite being well below his best this season. If I were Freddy i'd consider naming a co-captain with him, Nath or Murray, just in case he doesnt play well and we need to look at other options but I think he will stand up tbh.

Wizardman

First Grade
I think the second half of last round saved his ass. I agree with incumbents getting picked if they show decent form. Teddy's last few weeks had been poor.....but that last 40 minutes was good.
No question that Edwards has been better.....but Teddy has the runs on the board to go again. If his form is average to crappy, time to look at Edwards.

gordsy

Juniors
I'd be more woried about Turbo not being 100% fit then Teddy not performing well.
I don't get Hynes on the bench, either put him next to Cleary or leave him out.
I still think Luai is over rated,

Stinkfinger

Juniors
I'd be more woried about Turbo not being 100% fit then Teddy not performing well.
I don't get Hynes on the bench, either put him next to Cleary or leave him out.
I still think Luai is over rated,
Since he's been at the Sharks, Hynes has been involved in three (3) wins over top 8 sides, not one of them this year. Luai took Samoa to a WC final with Milford as his halves partner and has been to three straight GF's and won back to back premierships. I know who's overrated, but you're not the only one fooled.

Howwy

Juniors
Getting out-competed on a kick by a prop.

Time to hang them up mate.

RL props have tended to come in two forms: the stocky, low-to-the-ground type (e.g. Webcke) vs. the taller, more rangy (e.g. Harragon or Petero); while it certainly would be embarrasing to be done by the former, the latter ... well not nearly so much. After all, Lindsay had a pretty decent running start, Teddy not as much.

Added to it - as observed by Joey - was how L.C. sprinted past several NSW players to contest possession, players who should have showed the same urgency to support their captain.

t brought to mind the try that Thurston scored some years ago when Israel Folau laid on a little dobbler into the in-goal, with several Blues around who - with just a smidgin or urgency - could have defused it right then and there only for Thurston to come right past them from midfield to score. To add insult to injury, if JT hadn't got there, Folau himself could well have been next in line.