What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

I dont blame him for taking the money but when he stated that it was not the reason he left i lost respect for him,as mentioned before hand he is not worth 800k.

magpie guy

Juniors
I can't blame the bloke for taking the money. Especially when it is near double what he might have got and in a career that will last for 10 years if he is lucky.

In having said that, loyalty to a club should count for more and clubs that develop juniors should have more cap space given to the for those players.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I dont get he hate people giving him now he has signed with Canberra.

2.4 million! Cant blame the fella. These guys only play for 10 years if they are lucky. Dodgy knee...
This money sets him up financially for life if he is sensible.

Good luck to him.

Only one bung knee away from he end of his career.... Id take the money.

I don't understand it either. If someone offered you 200-300K more a year you wouldn't even blink. He is 21. Three years in that shithole for nearly $2 million dollars - you wouldn't even have to think about it. At the end of that contract he will still only be 24, and if he really hates it there I'm sure he'll move back to Sydney. Who knows, he may even play for us again one day.

The abuse is unwarranted. Canberra have paid overs, good luck to him. And if anyone thinks he is going to play State Cup this year they are kidding themselves. We need our best team on the park and he is the best option, if he is fit he'll be playing fullback until the end of the season.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
some teenage tantrums going on in here. The Raiders deal was $640k or so and rumors say that the Tigers offered $300-400k. Would any poster in here turn down $240k pay rise? not a chance.

good luck to him and I'm so happy that he didn't go to the Bulldogs or Roosters.

Tiger05

First Grade
some teenage tantrums going on in here. The Raiders deal was $640k or so and rumors say that the Tigers offered $300-400k. Would any poster in here turn down $240k pay rise? not a chance.

good luck to him and I'm so happy that he didn't go to the Bulldogs or Roosters.

Speak for yourself. We offered him more over 4 years than the Raiders offered over 3 years. I think he owed us that year.

I consider him a traitor and I want him playing prop in state cup.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've no hatred towards anyone. Disappointed he chose coin over loyalty, but you can't blame him.

I just think we have an obligation to our players & our future. This is why i think we should decide who his replacement should be.

If it's a current Tiger, then drop Tedesco & start work with our new fullback.

If we are buying one, then i don't mind if he stays at fullback.

Tiger05

First Grade
I've no hatred towards anyone. Disappointed he chose coin over loyalty, but you can't blame him.

I seriously don't get this. I can blame him easily. I've lost all respect for him and I don't wish him well.

Its not hatred either - its like looking at someone who disgusts you.

I seriously don't get this. I can blame him easily. I've lost all respect for him and I don't wish him well.

Like a jilted lover you are. The kid is entitled to take whatever offer he wants.

I am disappointed he is leaving, but to hate the guy for doing something all of us would do (leave a place of employment for a more attractive offer,) is beyond geniused.

But yesterday Ted said it had nothing to do with the money....lol....it had every thing to do with the money.If what Ted has stated is true,that the WT had originally offered him less than what he is already on than they have to take some responsibility for his departure too.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Of course we cannot begrudge him for taking the money but at least be honest and say it was for the money yeah ?
I definitely think the Tigers have to take a lot of the resposibility for losing him though. Tedesco should have been priority number 2 behind Brooks. These two should have been locked up to play together for a long period of time. Not so long ago we resigned Nofoaluma and Sironen and I don't for one second believe these two are more important than Tedesco. If I had woken up yesterday to read that either one od those two had signed with another club sure i'd be disappointed but I wouldn't still be filthy over it today. A winger and a back rower are far more easily replaced and their money could have covered Tedesco and others. Losing Tedesco is bad and it's almost inexcusable when you consider who we have lining up to replace him.
For the record i'm not saying we should have met the Raiders offer, not for one second but don't tell me that Tedesco was willing to stay at the Tigers for less money. This is massive and is going to hurt us for years. I truly believe we were warming to win a premiership within the next 3 years but now... Don't be surprised if we see Moltzen back in the 1 jersey.

FootynRacing

Juniors
When has any player ever said this? Of course it was for the money, but he's never going to come out and admit it? Why would he!?

You're right and that's fine but just say nothing. Don't say it's not about the money. It's like kicking us while were down. It's disrespectful in my opinion.

WT Unity

Juniors
Of course we cannot begrudge him for taking the money but at least be honest and say it was for the money yeah ?
I definitely think the Tigers have to take a lot of the resposibility for losing him though. Tedesco should have been priority number 2 behind Brooks. These two should have been locked up to play together for a long period of time. Not so long ago we resigned Nofoaluma and Sironen and I don't for one second believe these two are more important than Tedesco. If I had woken up yesterday to read that either one od those two had signed with another club sure i'd be disappointed but I wouldn't still be filthy over it today. A winger and a back rower are far more easily replaced and their money could have covered Tedesco and others. Losing Tedesco is bad and it's almost inexcusable when you consider who we have lining up to replace him.
For the record i'm not saying we should have met the Raiders offer, not for one second but don't tell me that Tedesco was willing to stay at the Tigers for less money. This is massive and is going to hurt us for years. I truly believe we were warming to win a premiership within the next 3 years but now... Don't be surprised if we see Moltzen back in the 1 jersey.

Agree with your point that he should've been priority number 2 - Whilst I wouldn't want to loose any of the following....I would have preferred to have kept Tedesco over any (not all) of the following - Simona, Nofoaluma, Sironen...The other question is what would a club like the roosters have done? They would have signed him on whatever it took...then shopped off some of the following to make it work under the cap; Rowe, Luani, Korobiete, Austin, Santi, Nathan Brown - even if they had to loose an Akauola or Gavet they would have done so - Fullback is just so important! The shopping off process can start now but be completed in late August & September as the tier 2 player shuffle begins as clubs bow out of the competition.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Speak for yourself. We offered him more over 4 years than the Raiders offered over 3 years. I think he owed us that year.

I consider him a traitor and I want him playing prop in state cup.

so you would turn down $240k to not be a traitor? I'm calling bs here. This is all about business so cut out the emotional rubbish.

You're right and that's fine but just say nothing. Don't say it's not about the money. It's like kicking us while were down. It's disrespectful in my opinion.

Meh, the media goes racing to them for a sound-bite, it's a standard response "moving for the opportunity." Last player that spoke honestly was Blake Ferguson and he got bashed from pillar to post for being honest.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

That is hatred.

If you appear to be injury prone, then why would you turn your nose up at big money, especially when you have to try and earn 40 years worth of salary in the space of a decade.

As I said, I'm disappointed he's leaving the club, but I don't hate him or Canberra. he's thinking about his future which is not something to hate a bloke for.

In saying that, WT should be doing the same, looking to their future. No point playing Tedesco at fullback if our 2015 fullback is already at the club and fit to play. May as well get him in there now and build his combinations now.

By playing Tedesco we are chasing short term gain and receiving long term pain in the fullback position.

It's business and it goes both ways.

TheManBearPig

Juniors
Meh, the media goes racing to them for a sound-bite, it's a standard response "moving for the opportunity." Last player that spoke honestly was Blake Ferguson and he got bashed from pillar to post for being honest.

Speaking of Ferguson, what's his current status? Guy is a f**kwit but has potential to be the next GI.

Simona
Richards
Ferguson
Lawrence
Nofoluma

:-k

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Part of the problem is we are talking about a player with 25 games to his name. I understand the clubs stance and I support it. If Tedesco had three or four solid seasons with no injuries and was continuing to play at a high level I'd be much more annoyed to lose him. Having said that he is still to prove he will be the superstar we are thinking he might be.

No doubt my words will come back to haunt me, they tend to with things like this but I think part of our problem is we were burnt with Fiftita. He showed potential but hadn't fully reached it with us. So too has Tedesco. He has shown he has the goods BUT that is only when he is on the field. Between 2012 and 2014 that isn't a lot of game time.

He had formed a good partnership with Brooks but someone else can do that. What Tedesco did do was run the ball back hard. Others can do that as well. Did he looked good because he was good or was it we all have memories of Moltzen and a few others with no 'balls' running the pill back?

I am sorry he is gone but I think we can cover him. I have said we have more worries at 6 and backup at 9. Whatever happens though I just want the club to sort it out quick.

Madunit and some of you other guys that have been prolific posters and keepers of stats...no quoting me in two years time when Teddy is named to play for Australia...:lol: