What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell us the plan Doust/Price

What's Up

Juniors
As a one eyed supporter, and frustrated one at that it would be nice for the hierarchy to shed some light one the future direction of the club. Forget who should stay or go personnel wise, it would be comforting to know what the club is building towards and what the future direction is? Is our coach, board and players all pulling in this same direction? If so, what is it and where are we going? As fans we deserve answers to the questions? An example is Penrith, every fan and sponsor of that club knows they are rebuilding and should expect to see results in the next two to three years time.

Has anyone heard from either Doust or Price about what our club is building toward? All I've heard is the same old cliches.

Ace-STi

Juniors
I know doustys plan for this weekend....

Crown+Lager.jpeg

TheRev

Coach
Doust: Probably cant shed much light because he obvious is going after players and coaches as we keep reading, but has fallen short each time (whether just fate they had other plans, or his or youngs failures.. I dont know). So he doesnt know when/if he will land us a star, and the last thing he will want is for it to end up in the media before it happens.

Price: Is the one who needs to provide answers, he has dished up the same rubbish for over 12mths now, and each week we hear the same spiel about "were close but failing to execute", hes the one who can actually reveal more to us (I mean within reason), or explain why he made a statement this week that "Josh Drinkwater wont play #7", ok great Price, but whats your reasoning?

Lethal25

Juniors
It's a pretty bad situation when a majority of supporters are sitting there kind of hoping your team loses just so either a) the coach grows a set of balls and makes some changes or b) Doust realises we need to shake the squad up big time

Old_Timer

Juniors
It's a pretty bad situation when a majority of supporters are sitting there kind of hoping your team loses just so either a) the coach grows a set of balls and makes some changes or b) Doust realises we need to shake the squad up big time

Sad, but true Lethal. The more we loose, the closer we are to change. :(

jenninga

First Grade
As a one eyed supporter, and frustrated one at that it would be nice for the hierarchy to shed some light one the future direction of the club. Forget who should stay or go personnel wise, it would be comforting to know what the club is building towards and what the future direction is? Is our coach, board and players all pulling in this same direction? If so, what is it and where are we going? As fans we deserve answers to the questions? An example is Penrith, every fan and sponsor of that club knows they are rebuilding and should expect to see results in the next two to three years time.

Has anyone heard from either Doust or Price about what our club is building toward? All I've heard is the same old cliches.
FFS,the club was close to getting the best coach in the game along with the halfback.It is obvious they held back recruiting for this reason,there are those who said we were very close to getting him.
It didn't happen so we have to see what the plans of the club is now.We should give a little credit where it is due,we aimed big and it didn't happen.
I am as frustrated as the next supporter ,however i doubt that the club is sitting on it's hands and letting things drift.

Twenty10

Juniors
FFS,the club was close to getting the best coach in the game along with the halfback.It is obvious they held back recruiting for this reason,there are those who said we were very close to getting him.
It didn't happen so we have to see what the plans of the club is now.We should give a little credit where it is due,we aimed big and it didn't happen.
I am as frustrated as the next supporter ,however i doubt that the club is sitting on it's hands and letting things drift.

Haha "the club was close"....

That's the problem buddy. Close ain't good enough.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
My mate is a Canberra supporter and we are both hoping our club loses on the weekend so the coach gets a step closer to the sack. How sad is that but unfortunately that is what we honestly feel will be best for the club. If our team wins on the weekend that is more time the coach will be given to stay at the club and delay the bloody obvious whereas if they go know there is still time to have agreat season.

jenninga

First Grade
Haha "the club was close"....

That's the problem buddy. Close ain't good enough.

The point is we all bitch about the club's apparent lack of planning.We were unable to get Bellamy as he stayed loyal to the club and players he has coached and also felt he needed to stay so the club can be taken over without destabilising it by leaving.
It is not our fault he never came to us.

Twenty10

Juniors
The point is we all bitch about the club's apparent lack of planning.We were unable to get Bellamy as he stayed loyal to the club and players he has coached and also felt he needed to stay so the club can be taken over without destabilising it by leaving.
It is not our fault he never came to us.

I totally get where you are coming from... However... There's only so many Knock backs a club can have before serious questions need to be asked. If you look at how the club has handled the post Bennett era you would have to say its been pathetic. The club appointed price upon Wayne Bennett's say so (along with senior players). But in reality Wayne couldn't give a toss who Doust hired. We should have gone through the process independently to Bennett. The senior players wanted price because they knew they could tell price how to run the club. We only have ourselves to blame for the positon we're in. Our "fall from grace" has been monumental. I believe it would not have happened if we appointed a decent coach.

giboz71

First Grade
There just doesn't seem to be any direction when it comes to recruitment. Roster management has become so important, given the salary cap and player turnover.

The Bulldogs, Roosters and the Rabbits aggressively target the player market year after year. Every time a star player becomes available, they make their intentions clear and more often than not, they get their man.

Clubs with big junior bases, like us tend to bring their younger kids through the ranks. In the early 2000's we had fantastic juniors coming through. Gasnier, Cooper, Hornby, Ryles, Bailey, Young, Creagh, the Morris brothers. Thats 9 internationals right there.

But in the last 5 years, other than Merrin, which of our juniors has reached those heights? Our 3 most promising rookies, King, De Belin and Kyle can hardly get on the paddock.

So my question is, in the absence of quality juniors, and our inability to attract big names, how are we supposed to compete?

Ace-STi

Juniors
f**k it, I'm going to buy some crownies, maybe then I will have an insight into what dousty is thinking !!!