What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra offering free Digital Pass to customers

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Foxtel have exclusive streaming rights to all games Id bet my house on it. It is their only real hope of existing into the next decade. Like you said FTA will get its 3 games and may if they are lucky get highlights or replays to put something together on Stan sports but even then I can not see Fox wanting to share its golden goose. Pretty sure they would have been very happy to see the NRL cut Telstra out as it once again sures up the exclusivity of the platform that their future is going to rely on. Same reason Telstra has decided the AFL the same way. Telstra being big share owners know that they need to protect their Fox investment and Kayo is the future of that.

All I hope is that Vlandys held them over a barrel for those exclusive streaming rights as they are the golden egg the NRL has to sell into the future.

A GROD says its very vague, there is no context for if it is referring to all 8 games or all games Ch9 has the screening rights to. I've explained above why I can not see Fox allowing the NRL to sell the same product to two different directly competing providers. The value to KAYO is in exclusivity.

Totally agree with you....how people cant see that what the game went through last year was about news corp getting hold of the game to drive their streaming services just as it was in the mid 90s about driving pay tv.

Thats why they relentlessly drove out our previous independent leaders with constant personal attacks.

Without our game they are screwed and they know it though they make out like we need them more.

i just hope saint pete got a great deal for selling us to those grubs.