What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tendulkar is a bad sport: Gilly

kilroy

Juniors
me thinks

me doubts u can do that.

and i'm talking about your job(selling bananas) mate. the one u had to take after u got booted out of ur company coz it started outsourcing(obviously they thought indians were better at the job). Why else would you go on about it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
FMD

so it's supposed to be an insult

go back to your third world country and burn some effigies

and i have never lost a job

kilroy

Juniors
FMD

so it's supposed to be an insult

oh jeez, ur worse than a f00king tubelight.... (incase u din't get that last line, it means ur slower than a tubelight, which takes time to come on...)
now i'll really have to learn to type in that "English for the dumb"

go back to your third world country and burn some effigies

go back...? u really like making assumptions don't you...??

and i have never lost a job

what? that means u never had one?? which means u prolly still live in ur mommys basement. lol

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
is it any wonder India is such a backward nation if this is an example of the species that inhabit it

JJ

Immortal
Super Mods are allowed to be racist eh...

Boock's article is spot on - gotta love El D's "you can't be one of us and criticise us sh*te" very intellectual...

Hilarious how Gilchrist is now backtracking too... just brilliant

_goParra

Juniors
Gilchrist made loose statements: Tendulkar

NEW DELHI: Sachin Tendulkar on Monday ticked off Adam Gilchrist for questioning his sportsman spirit and honesty, saying a person who does not know him well enough made such "loose statements" which left him shocked.

"I was surprised. I didn't know how to react. (What he alleged) is something that I can't even think of in my wildest dreams. I love the game so much and those remarks came from someone who doesn't know me enough. I think he made loose statements," he said reacting to Gilchrist's comments in his upcoming autobiography that the Indian was hard to find for a handshake after India lost the Sydney Test.

Tendulkar said Gilchrist did call up to clear the air and he did not mince words in telling the former Aussie stumper that he had forgotten the spirit in which the Indians took the Sydney defeat.

"I am the kind of person who would leave things behind. So many times he mentioned that you and Harbhajan (Singh) are not traceable to shake hands. I reminded him that I was the first person to shake hands after the Sydney defeat. It was a tough game that we lost and it was difficult for us.

"But we all in the team would shake hands. We have that sportsman spirit. We won't shy away from challenges," he said to a TV channel.

Gilchrist had also taken a swipe at Tendulkar's honesty during the Harbhajan Singh race row trial, accusing him of giving different versions to the match referee and the ICC adjudicator but the Indian star said it was a closed chapter for him.

"That's his opinion but as far as I am concerned the chapter is closed," he said
http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3647027.cms

A very good response from Tendulkar. He addressed all the statements Gilchrist made without having to attack Gilchrist. Well said.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tendulker said:
"That's his opinion but as far as I am concerned the chapter is closed," he said

_goParra said:
A very good response from Tendulkar. He addressed all the statements Gilchrist made without having to attack Gilchrist. Well said.

hardly,

he obviously doesn't want to talk about it

the more I read of this the less respect I have for Tendulker

firstly he blames the different cultures for not being available to shake hands, then he says

"But we all in the team would shake hands. We have that sportsman spirit. We won't shy away from challenges," he said to a TV channel"

that obviously doesn't apply to Harby and you might even cop a slap across the face

sounds like just lip service there from Tendulker to appease his fans

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
hardly,

firstly he blames the different cultures for not being available to shake hands, then he says

that obviously doesn't apply to Harby and you might even cop a slap across the face

If I wrote bullsh*t like that, you'd ask me how I know what Tendulkar's motives are...

Perhaps as a mod you should peruse the racist nonsense that El D has put up in the last day or two

_goParra

Juniors
hardly,

I am sure Tendulkar is very upset at losing your respect :lol:

In the end only one person is going to lose a lot of respect among his peers and public alike, and that is NOT Tendulkar.

Gilly brought up the cultural differences thing not Sachin. Sachin always maintained that he shook hands with the opposition. In fact he was the first to do so after the Sydney test.

typical "head buried in the sand" response from you.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure Tendulkar is very upset at losing your respect :lol:

In the end only one person is going to lose a lot of respect among his peers and public alike, and that is NOT Tendulkar.

I doubt Tendulker even know's me, I cant see it bothering him too much, but why does he keep changing his stories ?

If you hinting at Gilly, I agree, I've not stuck up for him here, I think he is a bit of an arselicker the way he has carried on

Gilly brought up the cultural differences thing not Sachin.

no, that was Sachin, you know the bloke who keeps changing his mind

Sachin always maintained that he shook hands with the opposition. In fact he was the first to do so after the Sydney test.

so he was the first to shake hands in one test match, what about the others where he goes missing and cant be found, along with a few of his mates

typical "head buried in the sand" response from you.

if you mean why am I ignoring your hero worship for Tendulker, I'm not

Its OK I get it, I understand blind faith

It wouldn't matter what he did wrong his fans will always defend him

I'm not the one blindly defending Gilly just because he's an Aussie, although I still believe he has shown a great deal more sportsmanship in this than Tendulker has

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If I wrote bullsh*t like that, you'd ask me how I know what Tendulkar's motives are...

Perhaps as a mod you should peruse the racist nonsense that El D has put up in the last day or two

and perhaps one day you'll write an intelligent post

_goParra

Juniors
no, that was Sachin, you know the bloke who keeps changing his mind
Nope.. that was Gilly.

so he was the first to shake hands in one test match, what about the others where he goes missing and cant be found, along with a few of his mates
Any examples?? or is it just because gilly said so

I'm not the one blindly defending Gilly just because he's an Aussie, although I still believe he has shown a great deal more sportsmanship in this than Tendulker has
You are blindly defending him because he is an aussie....
Tendulkar will always be a player held in the greatest respect by his peers and general public alike. Compared to other cricketers and his stature he is relatively controversy free and clean. In his 20 year career not one current or former player has criticised him. Now just because gilly said something Sachin is a bad sport??

p.s: have you ever been to India?

Last edited:

HevyDevy

Coach
all the indians say he didnt, they are always unbiased and right :sarcasm:

Yes, well he did lie - there is no doubt about that. Some though keep glossing over that part as if they refuse to believe it.

I'll never question Tendulkar's ability as a player but that one incident last year certainly changed my opinion re: his integrity. It's one thing to stand up for a teammate but another to lie in order to gloss over racism.

Grubs.

HevyDevy

Coach
Nope.. that was Gilly.

Any examples?? or is it just because gilly said so

You are blindly defending him because he is an aussie....
Tendulkar will always be a player held in the greatest respect by his peers and general public alike. Compared to other cricketers and his stature he is relatively controversy free and clean. In his 20 year career not one current or former player has criticised him. Now just because gilly said something Sachin is a bad sport??

p.s: have you ever been to India?

So you're ignoring his disgraceful display last summer too? No surprise really.

_goParra

Juniors
Yes, well he did lie - there is no doubt about that. Some though keep glossing over that part as if they refuse to believe it.

I'll never question Tendulkar's ability as a player but that one incident last year certainly changed my opinion re: his integrity. It's one thing to stand up for a teammate but another to lie in order to gloss over racism.

Grubs.

Get off your high horse mate..... if the same thing was done by an aussie he'd be the f**king Australian of the year

El Diablo

Post Whore
Super Mods are allowed to be racist eh...

Boock's article is spot on - gotta love El D's "you can't be one of us and criticise us sh*te" very intellectual...

Hilarious how Gilchrist is now backtracking too... just brilliant

you're the resident racist

what did black people do to you that started all your racial abuse against them?

did one steal your favourite shep?

go back to watching monkeys jerking off

f**king freak

HevyDevy

Coach
Get off your high horse mate..... if the same thing was done by an aussie he'd be the f**king Australian of the year
Get off your high horse mate - if the same thing was done by an Aussie you'd be the first to label them a grub rather than pretending that it never happened.