What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis players

Alan Shore

First Grade
What is your favourite shot, and strengths?

My strength is my agility, high first serve percentage and volleys. My main downside is lack of height, which makes me susceptible to bouncy balls that land right on the baseline, and lobs at the net. My ground strokes are solid.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Well mine is power however I tend to put abit to much power into my shots :(

My 2nd serve is crap and my backhand well apart from slice is very ordinary... Forehand is fine and so are my Volleys.

To be honest the last time I played in any compitions would have to be about 5yrs ago. Mind you I sontimes go out with my mate who is a tennis coach for a hit now and then to try and keep some sort of co-ordination going :D

Alan Shore

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
Well mine is power however I tend to put abit to much power into my shots :(

My 2nd serve is crap and my backhand well apart from slice is very ordinary... Forehand is fine and so are my Volleys.

To be honest the last time I played in any compitions would have to be about 5yrs ago. Mind you I sontimes go out with my mate who is a tennis coach for a hit now and then to try and keep some sort of co-ordination going :D

Sometimes I struggle for power because I come over the ball too much when trying to put topspin on it and it usually ends up being a short ball, though I haven't been smashed too much.

Razor

Coach
My forehand and 1st serve are my best shots.

My 2nd serve and smash are fairly good.

My backhand, apart from slice, is crap.

My volleys are also crap, apart from drop volleys.

It's been about 2 years since I've played competition. Now I just play in a inter-club team comp.

yeh_yeh_

Juniors
here are my shots in order of best-worst
1. backhand
2. 1st serve (it goes on and off. but no.2 when it's on)
3. forehand
4. second serve
5. volleys
6. smash

ChiaPete

Juniors
The last I played were 3 years ago, back then I wasn't too bad so long as I stayed away from the net :? I was always asked "Hey you're the cross court kid" so I guess I had an alright cross court shot going for me, dunno how I did it though :lol:

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tamazoid said:
Sometimes I struggle for power because I come over the ball too much when trying to put topspin on it and it usually ends up being a short ball, though I haven't been smashed too much.

See my problem is I just snap my wrist all the time, Power isn't a problem with me - I normally like hitting the ball deep to the backhand side but my biggest problem with that is I normally don't put enough top spin on the ball and hit it too flat

bucko

Juniors
My drop shot, and volley are pretty good. I don't have too much raw power, I have to use perfect technique to get the power. When i get in a rally though, I usually find the opening's in the players defence. My first serve needs a lot of work, and my back hand is very inconsistent...

Camelwise

Juniors
Strengths-Height, which equals reach and leverage on the serve.
Weakness-hopeless with balls down at the feet

Kasper

Bench
I recently gave up tennis. It got to much playing league, union and cricket.
I was playing on the North Queensland circuit. I won a few tournaments here and there. My strengths were a big power forehand and a good cross court backhand. A good serve also.
Weaknesses were volleys, and lobs.

Raider_69

Post Whore
im pretty quick around the court, can nail a backhand down the line...... easily my fav shot to play, im utter crap at volleys, have a solid forehand and pretty good 1st serve..... my 2nd serve we wont talk about

on the odd occasion i can pull off a Hewitt type lob aswell, but that probably due to luck
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Razor

Coach
KINGLING said:
I was playing on the North Queensland circuit.

Any satelite tournaments? If so, what's your highest world ranking (as long as you played min. 3 in a 12 month period of course)?

Latest posts