What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just glad we evicted the Fool.

What an absolute wanker, drinks his own bathwater no doubt.

Will always be remembered as a dickhead of the highest order.

Raffa and the Fed, real men, Joker well, just a dickhead joker, embarrassment to his people and his country.

Scum merkin.

Champion player Ash Barty. Sad she retired, but if that's how she feels good on her for having the courage to do it now and not play on out of habit. Hope she enjoys her post tennis life :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Champion player Ash Barty. Sad she retired, but if that's how she feels good on her for having the courage to do it now and not play on out of habit. Hope she enjoys her post tennis life :)
Not worthy of its own thread?

Just shows how much we give a shit about tennis.

Ash Barty departing on her own terms. Good on her. She was the only reason I watched tennis.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I was hoping she would win the US Open so she would have all 4 Grand Slam titles but geez her Wimbledon win then her Australian Open win were pure joy and magic to watch and that's not taking anything away from her maiden Grand Slam title at the French Open. Enjoy the next stage of your life Ash, you have certainly earned it and hopefully there may be a window some time in the future that you may think about playing again .

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not worthy of its own thread?

Just shows how much we give a shit about tennis.

Ash Barty departing on her own terms. Good on her. She was the only reason I watched tennis.

A friend texted me yesterday with Ash Barty with a tear emogi so quickly googled it and was in shock when i read it and it was only breaking news as the article was only put up 18 mins before hand so i wasn't sure to do a a separate thread but i was getting ready to go out so i quickly posted in this tennis thread.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A friend texted me yesterday with Ash Barty with a tear emogi so quickly googled it and was in shock when i read it and it was only breaking news as the article was only put up 18 mins before hand so i wasn't sure to do a a separate thread but i was getting ready to go out so i quickly posted in this tennis thread.
No worries.
Stand by for a new thread, meanwhile...

LatK7

First Grade
Still a bit stunned on the Barty news. Very happy for her, she seems in a great place, but naturally disappointed we won't see more of her. Her variety alone was a breath of fresh air on the women's tour, such a smart player. Her success & class both top shelf. Good luck to her.

One the mens side it was nice to see Fritz keep his cool & win IW the other day. A much improved player & hopefully he keeps it up. The rest of the zoomers were pretty dreadful, as usual. Shame Nadal is injured again, but I'm sure he'll be firing during clay season. It's funny how it goes, if Korda had held his nerve earlier in the tournament, Nadal exits earlier and remains healthy...now he probably misses Madrid and has to ease back into it.

Apey

Staff member
Anyone else following the ATP tour?

The next big thing in Alcaraz beat Nadal and Djokovic b2b on clay in Madrid as a 19 year old. The champs weren't at their best but you can't take too much away from the kid, he's insanely good.

I recommend watching the highlights of Djokovic v Alcaraz.

LatK7

First Grade
Anyone else following the ATP tour?

The next big thing in Alcaraz beat Nadal and Djokovic b2b on clay in Madrid as a 19 year old. The champs weren't at their best but you can't take too much away from the kid, he's insanely good.

I recommend watching the highlights of Djokovic v Alcaraz.

He's the only one who looks like he has the game and mind to reach the top. After two very ordinary generations, maybe he'll be the one to deliver. Pretty much every generation used to have a top star or two win big and make #1 from a young age...tennis needs it back.

LatK7

First Grade
A good win from Djokovic in Rome last night. He's clicking into gear nicely for RG & should be a clear favourite with Nadal looking cooked. Tsitsipas though, good god he played like a complete mug. Very embarrassing.

Apey

Staff member
Just like that, the King of Clay reigns supreme again.

Bantz aside, I'm surprised he won. Djokovic was a heavy favourite. Nadal just had a 5 setter and the foot will always cast doubt over his fitness. Not sure what that match is going to mean for the rest of the year. Djokovic will slide in rankings thanks to a couple of incidents unrelated to his actual tennis. Medevdev will take #1 again if Zverev loses to Nadal in the semis. There have been some smoke that this might be Nadal's last RG in which case it will be hard to stop him from here.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Just like that, the King of Clay reigns supreme again.

Bantz aside, I'm surprised he won. Djokovic was a heavy favourite. Nadal just had a 5 setter and the foot will always cast doubt over his fitness. Not sure what that match is going to mean for the rest of the yoear. Djokovic will slide in rankings thanks to a couple of incidents unrelated to his actual tennis. Medevdev will take #1 again if Zverev loses to Nadal in the semis. There have been some smoke that this might be Nadal's last RG in which case it will be hard to stop him from here.
Both are so clearly ahead of Fed now. The butthurt is epic and well get to enjoy it for life

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Haha, Rafa the king of clay, and just a champion.

Joker, drinks his own bathwater.

Fed the gentleman.

You judge how you like.

Rod Laver had to catch a boat.

LatK7

First Grade
Djokovic was a heavy favourite.

He was all over the shop, really made a mess of it.

Nadal again fought like a maniac but showed vulnerability against Zverev...doesn't matter though, even if he didn't have to retire injured he wasn't going to close it out. He was horrible on big points. Poor fella, hope he recovers soon.

Ruud won't stand a chance in the final, it'll probably end up like the Ferrer final.

Apey

Staff member
Zverev probably played better than Nadal overall but Nadal stood up when it mattered which isn't that surprising. Not a great quality but a close match.

Nadal won't want to take Ruud lightly but he should win comfortably even if down on form.

Wizardman

First Grade
Zverev probably played better than Nadal overall but Nadal stood up when it mattered which isn't that surprising. Not a great quality but a close match.

Nadal won't want to take Ruud lightly but he should win comfortably even if down on form.
Nadal did what he does best.....fight like hell for every point. Him winning that first set was a minor miracle. The Zverev injury would partly come from the fight Rafa put up.

The greatest fighter tennis has ever seen....no doubt. Hope he gets number 14.

Apey

Staff member
Well the greatest compliment for Nadal in that tournament is that it's probably the worst French Open he's played and he still won.

LatK7

First Grade
Well the greatest compliment for Nadal in that tournament is that it's probably the worst French Open he's played and he still won.

This year's AO he was pushing his worst form and won that too. Take a bow next gen...

In all seriousness congrats to Nadal, just keeps fighting.

Latest posts