What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T'eos Tackle

it should be banned, and he should be suspended for it imo. However, the current rules are lenient on it and he should get off. At least i hope so.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Two years ago this kind of tackle was celebrated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3kWjc_djkk

It's amazing how quickly view change. Great hit by Teo imo. The contact with the head is completely accidental, and will happen from time to time.

If the tackle happened in origin, what would people be saying? "Great hit" I'd imagine.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I think the contact to the head was marginal at best.

Was the contact even with the shoulder? It looked more chest region to me. Or did he hit his head on the ground. Must of got hit on the head/chin area somehow as the guy was concussed.

Nightward

Juniors
Concussion happens when the brain, for lack of a better way to describe it, ricochets around in the skull. A heavy enough body blow can do the job, as long as the impact causes that as well. It may have been the initial contact, or it may have been from hitting the ground.

Personally I did not see anything wrong in the tackle itself,and whether it was a Bronco or Storm or Rabbitohs or whatever else player I would be saying the same thing. However, the match review committee has drawn a line in the sand on the issue, and I would expect Te'o to be getting about six weeks- not because there was necessarily anything wrong with what he did, but because the standard has been set and his appears worse due to Groats' concussion.

aqua_duck

Coach
I was at the game with a mate of mine who's a die hard tigers fan and even he thought it was just a good hit

Concussions are serious business though. not too be f**ked with. They either need to outlaw shoulder charges or they need to wear protective helmets.

IBA

Juniors
It was fine. Attacking the head is one thing, but that tackle was not. Wouldn't be surprised to see him getting a couple of weeks though, which is bs. It was a good hard hit and it should be left at that

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
He will get at least a week for it, but I am more than happy to see hits like that, but I can understand why the Refs are clamping down on it having been in Groats situation before, concussion is not pleasant and can have serious long term effects.

Mr Saab

Referee
He will get suspended and thats life these days in the NRL.....and the game has gone f**king soft.

hutch

First Grade
You just can't hit somebody in the head full stop. It would have been an effective shoulder charge if he didn't go high, but he caught him flush and he will rightly do time.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Out of curiosity, what did you think of Blair's hit on Wallace? It happened right in front of me and it looked pretty bad especially because it was so late.

The Gambler

Juniors
I really think it is pretty simple - Teo made contact with the head - that is illegal, no argument.

Further more, Teo popped up off the ground with force - it is not as if Groat fell into it. You can call it a good solid charge - it doesn't really matter - because he got him flush on the head.

He will get at least a week, ad deservedly so.

Latest posts