What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible news, Lance Thompson passes away overnight

ouryears

Bench
Awful news this morning, Lance Thompson passed away overnight.
Lance played 201 games for us during 1995-2005 and was a great hard but fair player.
Only 40 years of age.

He was a favourite amongst a huge majority of our fans, played second row, occasionally front row.
One of my very favourite players, a work horse, rugged, tough and a great team man.
A Hurstville United junior.

RIP Lance. You will be missed very much champion.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
r28_84_668_472_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

a4dba12dd9908134666a212dc4d175dc

741374-3x2-940x627.jpg

mark-riddell-of-the-dragons-celebrates-scoring-with-team-mate-lance-picture-id3215076

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Wow, how did this happen?
Sickness?
Accident?

Lance was an old fashion hard hitting forward, from which other players like James Graham have obviously Moulded themselves from.

To quote Jack Gibson - Done good, played strong.

Thanks for the memories, Lance.
Just on Macquarie sports 2GB now, Piggy Ridell is hugely upset, it’s a sad morning.
It happened during the night.........
Police saying no sign of self harm and possibly a medical episode.
He was a lovely person, I met him a few times at the food eateries he owned.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Our thoughts must go out to his daughter, his pride & joy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Some news snippets .................

Breaking: Sad news former NRL star Lance Thompson has been found dead by his 17yo daughter at his Cronulla unit.. cause of death unknown yet but police say not suspicious .. @TenNewsSydney @tendailyau more details to follow.

The former NRL had struggled with life after footy.
Former NRL star Lance Thompson was found dead in his Cronulla unit over night.

Police were called at approximately 9pm when there was concern for Thompson’s welfare.

Police and paramedics were called to a unit in Kingsway at around 9pm on Thursday evening after his 17-year-old daughter found his body.

The 40-year-old Thompson had been running a restaurant inside the Woolooware Gold club in the Sutherland Shire and only recently in an interview said he was “loving it, loving life, loving the people around me, loving playing golf so it’s a good thing to be around after footy”.

st penguin

Juniors
I remember him being interviewed after a game (probably man of the match). By the time it finished all the players were heading back into the shed. But before he went in he sprinted to the eastern side of the field to applaud the dragon army.

Many players talk of supporting teams as a kid. But I always got the impression that if he didn’t have the skills to play footy, he would have been up on that hill in the dragon army.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Sad news, a great guy who invested so much passion into the club & the game..

Hits hard to Dragons fans of all ages..

Obviously conflicting reports as it’s developing news, but if it was depression releated, you only need to see the outpouring of grief around the country to see that no matter how dark it is in your own mind, people outsidedo care..

If you’re not okay, tell someone.

Latest posts