What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test squad vs India

Bazal

Post Whore
When was the last time we had a 22yr old batsmen who already had 10 FC centuries? Most 22 year olds are still getting by on the old ‘they were rushed in to shield cricket too young’ excuses.

Did Phil Hughes? He had a bunch...

Actually there are plenty of parallels between the way we've treated Renshaw thus far and the way they treated poor Phil Hughes...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When was the last time we had a 22yr old batsmen who already had 10 FC centuries? Most 22 year olds are still getting by on the old ‘they were rushed in to shield cricket too young’ excuses.
Phil Hughes??? He also was discarded far too quickly after a few failures.

Bazal

Post Whore
Holy shit did anyone see JLs conference about the Marcus Harris thing?

The fking dude looks like a lunatic...

tomdl

Bench
Did Phil Hughes? He had a bunch...

Actually there are plenty of parallels between the way we've treated Renshaw thus far and the way they treated poor Phil Hughes...

Ah yep. 26 FC hundreds before he was 26. RIP

King hit

Coach
Marcus Harris scored an unbeaten 250 just a month ago and we need all the runs we can get. He is worth a shot i think.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Marcus Harris scored an unbeaten 250 just a month ago and we need all the runs we can get. He is worth a shot i think.

His stats look good but mainly off the back of his 250 but no doubt our selectors just look at the stats, got dropped from WA so moved to Vic where even Scissor hands could get a game. He is in some red hot form but if we see a return to his form 5 years ago it will all turn to shit, which is what concerns me about looking at players stats.

I saw the article headline from JL about Huhges and thought, nar, not reading that so I can imagine his manlove, seen enough articles on the likes of Agar and anyone else born west of the Nullabor.

And lastly on Renshaw, if he cant get a game now with Smith, Warner and Bancroft out, he never will. f**k me even Handscomb got retained, although I dont think he will play a game but who knows.

Timbo

Staff member
I think most people on here have been calling on the selectors to pick on form and not on hunches for a while - in that regard, I can't fault the selection of Harris at all.

Bazal

Post Whore
I saw the article headline from JL about Huhges and thought, nar, not reading that so I can imagine his manlove, seen enough articles on the likes of Agar and anyone else born west of the Nullabor.

And lastly on Renshaw, if he cant get a game now with Smith, Warner and Bancroft out, he never will. f**k me even Handscomb got retained, although I dont think he will play a game but who knows.

1-Ashton Agar was born in Melbourne.

2-Renshaw is the fifth best FC batsman on earth in 2018. His form since injury hasn't been the same, but that is absolutely no reason to write him off.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
1-Ashton Agar was born in Melbourne.

2-Renshaw is the fifth best FC batsman on earth in 2018. His form since injury hasn't been the same, but that is absolutely no reason to write him off.
Especially given his age and how poor the other options are.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

fair enough but stats dont tell the whole story

for mine he has made some big scores but consistently punctuated by single figure failures, which is why I dont like him atm. I think you said he averaged fifty something in the last year or so. If he made fifty something every time he batter he no doubt would have been retained, but his lazy footwork sees him get too many single figure failures which is why currently I'm not a fan, but thats me, not sure why the selectors dont like him because they are big on stats

Latest posts