What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tevita Satae

Brookywarrior

Juniors
First post, been reading everyones posts for ages, but just wanted to say im pretty excited by what i see with Satae big mobile forward that can really break a game open at the end of halves. He could be be a real weapon if/when we make the finals!

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
First post, been reading everyones posts for ages, but just wanted to say im pretty excited by what i see with Satae big mobile forward that can really break a game open at the end of halves. He could be be a real weapon if/when we make the finals!
Your first post and you've been a member since 2015??...good to see you've finally grown a pair. Welcome. Im King Zero.

Yeah Sataes looking good. I'm actually watching his game and trying to figure out why Kearney keeps dropping him. Very strong player.

sup42

Juniors
Satae looks to have the Warriors hands curse.

Runs a great line, gets through over the try line and drops the pass.
He's bombed two trys so far.
None of that bothers me, some players are just unlucky.

If Satae had of scored two trys by now he would be at risk of being overhyped.

His defence is outstanding and I think the Warriors are lucky there, getting a big player who can really go and go when the bench comes on.

Compare that to the nerves when Vete or Lisone came on and missed tackles.

Satae gives you confidence that the momentum of the game won't see us lose during his spells on the field.

BLN2

Juniors
Yeah I don't see it, yet. Doesn't get the enough ball/time on the field to make me notice him. The Most metres he has made all season is 66, has a pretty high tackle rate. Seems to come on when we lose the arm wrestle, probably not related but he needs more time to show us what he's got.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Thought the game last week was the first time he's really showed signs of his ability to hit the line. Couple of really strong charges. He's been limited in game time so far, and it may be that as he becomes more comfortable in his role that we'll see a bit more of his ability with the ball in hand. He's well ahead of guys like Lisone and Vete defensively. Just a matter of time before we see whether he can translate his ISP metres gained stats from the last 2 years to the first grade side or not.

Leber

Bench
Satae has ability, but is still a bit weak. He didn't have the best game last night.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Satae has ability, but is still a bit weak. He didn't have the best game last night.

Last night was a classic example of where we've been at for most of our big losses this season. Compete for 20, maybe 25 mins, then when the opposition has gained momentum and repeat possessions, guys like Satae get put on, and can't do anything but tackle. I can't really remember a game he's played where we've been on the front foot, and he's been able to get some repeated carries. We're just constantly defending. The reality is we don't have the 1 or 2 big forwards necessary to swing momentum back our way when the opposition has We got badly beat up in the forwards last night. Doesn't help that we were missing 2 of our best, but when you rely on a guy like Jazz Tevaga to get through 59 mins of work, while leaving bigger bodies on the bench for most of the game, you're always going to be on a hiding to nothing.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Bit unnecessary.
giphy.gif

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
NOW I know why Kearney doesnt select him very often and thats because of his defence. I've seen him with some strong carries earlier in the season but since he's been back, he's shown to be quite error prone.

Meth

Staff member
He's a rookie and he made a rookie error.

I'm more concerned about Hiku, particularly his total surrender on the chase. That's far worse.

Leber

Bench
Hiku is def worse. I commented on this when we signed him and I was right. His defence has been suspect all through his career. He really gets shown up when under the pump.

Meth

Staff member
Hiku is def worse. I commented on this when we signed him and I was right. His defence has been suspect all through his career. He really gets shown up when under the pump.

I said elsewhere that he actually should be the backup fullback and a reserve centre behind Beale and Ayshford at least.