What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank god it's over

Avenger

Immortal
The most frustrating season in recent memory. Utterly gutless. Tactically we have to be the worst coached team in the NRL. We have nothing. Hagan should do the honourable thing and quit. He has no answers and his one dimensional and casual approach is not working with our inept players.

Hindmarsh, Mateo and Finch are the only players that have maintained their standards of past years. Every other player has gone backwards. Phil Gould was right. It takes 18 months to build a good culture in a club and 18 months to f*ck it.

The board who employ Fitzgerald and Fitzgerald who hired Hagan and his useless bunch should all be held accountable.

They have failed our proud club.

bartman

Immortal
Hindy's post match interview on Fox was pretty accurate.

Summed up the mood of the season and just how much there needs to be done for any improvement to take place next season.

Question remains what is going to make them roll their sleeves up in the off-season and during next year, if they wouldn't do it this year and the coach couldn't get it out of them either.

Only soultion - announce new coach for 2010, and that he will be making recruitment/retention decisions during 2009 based on performances....

BD5733

Juniors
Amazingly, there is more than one club in the NRL that seems more lethargic, worse tactically and out of form than us!

Well, maybe not more lethargic, but definately the other two.

The fastest moving in the Blue and Gold tonight were the cheerleaders at half time. Seriously!

torpedo

Juniors
Spot on if they didnt do it this year, why would they try next year...Thank god its over...Another write off!!!

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
ME TOO, but as the saying goes "there is always next year and the next,and the next" :lol::lol:
But something great might just happen tomorrow for me, after watching our team run around every weekend and walk away with a disappointed, I'll finally have something to cheer about tomorrow when my son (who is played footy for the first time ) runs out with his team to play for the BIG trophy, in their under 12's grand final. GO BROWNS PLAINS BEARS, go out and do what the Eels couldn't this year.
Sorry I'm just trying to cheer myself up after tonight.

strider

Post Whore
I was wondering tonight whether there might be supporters of 10 or so other teams in the NRL who feel as frustrated as us parra fans??? ... there are alot of teams who are up and down .... I guess the difference is we actually thought our team was good to start the year :(

Fathead

Bench
Hindy's post match interview on Fox was pretty accurate.

quote]

Didnt hear it what did he say ?? and can anyone tell me what Coach birdbrain said in his post match conference? - not that it would be anything different.

Rogue.9

Juniors
That was a waste of a season, the only positive I can think of is that the younger guys got some experience. I will start off next year optimistic as usual and see what happens.

strider

Post Whore
Didnt hear it what did he say ?? and can anyone tell me what Coach birdbrain said in his post match conference? - not that it would be anything different.

Basically said:
- it was a very disappointing year
- we have the talent but didn't gel
- is glad in a way that the season is over
- when asked what one thing could be improved for next season, said there is not 1 thing but lots of things

Fathead

Bench
Basically said:
- when asked what one thing could be improved for next season, said there is not 1 thing but lots of things

Thanks
And how about coach delusional ??

strider

Post Whore
Thanks
And how about coach delusional ??
dunno - press conference won't be on parratv for a day or so

probably gave that puzzled stunned mullet look when someone mentioned we weren't in the finals next week

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hate to say it but I dont know about next year, every year I feel confident about how we're going to go, but we've lost 4 players this season and we havent even bought any players yet.

Half that team tonight dont deserve to be there next year unless they change their attitude, cause they were pathetic. The Wenty Magpies wouldve scored more points tonight.

In fact I think the crowd of 5,000 sums up the disappointing season and frustration from our supporters. I was one of those 5,000 that turned up tonight.

The thing Im disappointed in is that I didnt hear any announcements about Brian Hambly one of our greats who passed away last weekend. I know it was last week, but surely a tribute to Brian or someone mention of him tonight wouldve been decent.

And did they forget the put the "Parra Parra" song when they run out onto the field cause they usually do that.

Nothing will change next year, unless they get some decent players for next season.

Basically said:

...and then the next camera shot showed Fui cracking jokes with Vatuvei...f**k me.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Season Motto's

2000 - Baby Eels
2001 - Team of the Century
2002 - Backdoor Eels
2003 - The year of the Lyon
2004 - In Brian We Trust
2005 - Chockers #4
2006 - Comeback Kids
2007 - Hagan's Heroes
2008 - I'm lost for words!!!!!

Parra Guru

Coach
We need someone in that's going to help these players work as a unit, and lift the attitude and expectation of the team. They looked like they had nothing but individual goals all year, and for that reason, I hope Hayne misses out on his Roos jumper.

Hindyscrack

Bench
I'm glad that I spent this season in the UK. I dont think it would have been good for my health if I was back home!