What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thanks Ben Hornby

Godz Illa

Coach
Thanks to a great clubman on a great career. Thanks for leading the club to it's best period of success since I started watching, thanks for lifting those trophies, and thanks for your brilliant (man of the match, imo) performance in the 2010 grand final.

Legend of the club.

[youtube]eA1Gw_FNiHw[/youtube]

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Thanks to a great clubman on a great career. Thanks for leading the club to it's best period of success since I started watching, thanks for lifting those trophies, and thanks for your brilliant (man of the match, imo) performance in the 2010 grand final.

Legend of the club.

Hear hear !

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench
No player has given more to the club in the past decade
Thank you for the memories Ben
Looking forward to seeing you return as a great coach in the years to come

blacklock

Juniors
*thumbs up*

for me the lasting memory is of him taking that difficult bomb up high in the grand final. the conditions were wet and the roosters were making a real push when the game was still in doubt. was a key moment and helped us win that day.

Mr Red

First Grade
No player has given more to the club in the past decade
Thank you for the memories Ben
Looking forward to seeing you return as a great coach in the years to come

as long as its not as the first grade coach with no prior first grade coaching experience.. :D

great clubman, always gave 100% even though this season wasnt anything to write about.
thanks for the memories Ben.

possm

Coach
Thank you Ben. You will be remembered as one of our greatest club captains. Now it's time for all members to turn up and give Hornby the best send off possible.

Fire

First Grade
Just a quick story on Ben. I was overseas between 2005-2007, but I had a friend who was on the coaching staff of the club. I used to email him (and my Dad of course) asking how the Dragons were going.

Anyways, I asked my friend on the coaching staff who was the best trainer. He said it was Hornby and he was a machine at training. He was always first to finish one station/module, and be moving onto the next. I think that says a lot about the guy. He then went onto be our Premiership winning Captain.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Absolute champion. Even during the hard times, you could always rely on Benny to play his heart out and out in every single week. His GF take and seeing a legend like him lift the premiership trophy will live with me forever. Our 2010 side's stalwarts are starting to make their procession into retirement, but they'll never forget the day the true believers were all rewarded.

Fingerbang

Bench
I remember watching him running around in the Cougars under 10's.....seems just like yesterday. Thanks for everything BH

Slackboy72

Coach
Thanks Ben.
Happy to see you leave when you chose to.

Quick question for Possm. Should the club sack ben Hornby?

drake

First Grade
A bloke that never wanted to be a halfback, but just did what the team needed, ended up being the captain that broke the drought.

Thanks for everything Cracker Hornby! Club legend.

You always were better than Reece.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Ben epitomises what a true club man is. A true champion. Not only led the team well, played in various positions when needed, always put his body on the line and always played for the red V.

For Bennett to really respect this guy he must have done some pretty good stuff behind the scenes that nobody has seen.

DragonBuck

Juniors
A bit of a sad day even though it is the right decision. A great clubman who always put the team first. This past season has been a struggle and I'd wager even Ben would admit has not been his best but you could never deny the effort - always put in 110%.

Thanks for the memories!!!!

gypsy

Bench
Thank you Ben. You will be remembered as one of our greatest club captains. Now it's time for all members to turn up and give Hornby the best send off possible.

he retired due to fair weather, good time merkin fans. The same reason Gaz left...and why Barrett wasnt keen to return after a stint at Wigan.

We have some of the most passionate fans in the game when all is going well. However, conversely we have the worst fans when it isnt. Criticism of some of our best players at times( by our own) has been nothing short of disgraceful.

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Thanks for this catch...

Attachments

• Ben+Hornby+NRL+Grand+Final+Dragons+v+Roosters+XlW4I06STwol.jpg
    Ben+Hornby+NRL+Grand+Final+Dragons+v+Roosters+XlW4I06STwol.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 11