What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thankyou sowie

stg666

Juniors
i want to thank jamie soward for his time at the dragons . some ups and downs in his time with us , as many would agree , but , the standout was a long sought after premiership that we waited for a long time to happen. without sowies performances in 2010 we would still be waiting , and , that for me outweighs any negatives by far. THANKS AGAIN JAMIE.:D

jenninga

First Grade
i want to thank jamie soward for his time at the dragons . some ups and downs in his time with us , as many would agree , but , the standout was a long sought after premiership that we waited for a long time to happen. without sowies performances in 2010 we would still be waiting , and , that for me outweighs any negatives by far. THANKS AGAIN JAMIE.:D
Well said,totally agree,and both parties move on .Just don't want him to spit the dummy about what has happened recently,would like him to move on with his head held high .
We all appreciate what he has done for the Dragons and he should appreciate what the Dragons have done for him.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Sowie definately provided some great moments for us fans. All the Best Sowie and hope you go well at Penrith except when you play against the Dragons.

love my saints

Juniors
An absolute legend..... sorry to see him go.... without sowie, no premiership... no world cup champions... to all those that were calling for his head.... do u see a great deal of improvement in the team???
Yep didnt think so.... sowie ur a legend.... gunna be missed... thank u for all u helped this club achieve... champion!!!

hewi

Bench
Couldnt agree more with all above. However i think it is an appalling inditement of Price that a player who played in a premiership and state of origin team has come to this. The only things that changed is 1) his age ie he might have been a bit slower and 2)the coach who is hopeless. Il take number 2 all day.

Fiery

Juniors
An absolute legend..... sorry to see him go.... without sowie, no premiership... no world cup champions... to all those that were calling for his head.... do u see a great deal of improvement in the team???
Yep didnt think so.... sowie ur a legend.... gunna be missed... thank u for all u helped this club achieve... champion!!!

Obviously the problem isn't/wasn't Soward.

giboz71

First Grade
Still not sure what to make of his departure?

One thing is for sure, as soon as he stopped firing, the fortunes of the team went down which just shows what a key member of the team he actually was (including our Premiership year)

To what extent Price was the cause of such a drop in form, none of us will ever know?

But seeing none of the present team are in career best form, its not really a glowing endorsement of Price's man management skills.

TruSaint

Referee
Thanks 666.
And thank you Sowie.
Your name is entrenched in our history as a premiership champ.
Good luck and go well.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Yep, can't wait to see that REDV tattoo underneath that Panthers jersey in 2014....a reminder of that premiership.

Saint69

Juniors
All the best to Sowie,he served us well,was a true big match player and I can say I never saw Saints lose when he was playing and I went to watch them live.

FlameThrower

Bench
Well done Jamie, You've left behind some great memories, a cupboard full of trophies, and the best 3 years of super highs at the mighty Dragons!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Jamie..

all the best mate..

you arrived at our doors during a troubled time for us, and a troubled time for you..

your first game in our colours is one that is remembered by many as a classic, and you steered us to victory that night.. an unlikely rabble beating the reigning premiers..

over the next couple of seasons you were the "fan's player".. someone who showed the kind of enthusiasm for the jersey & playing footy as one of us plebs would, should we ever be given the chance to don our treasured colours in 1st grade..

you ignited, intercepted, instigated and invigorated the side.

seasons '09 & '10 were your opus. you brought silverware to a club desperate for it, and you'll remain a dragon for life in many peoples eyes..

you're our top point scorer.. a top bloke.. and the no.1 player for everyone in the muzby family..

thanks for taking the time to have a photo with my daughter, a picture she still looks at quite regularly.. she'll miss calling out 'go jamie' everytime you line up a kick.. although i'm sure she'll still do it when you're kicking for the other mob..

may you enjoy your working holiday in the UK..

sorry to see you leave this way, you deserved better.

cheers mate, and thanks again..

-muzby

Twenty10

Juniors
Why do people think there is more to the story? The club wanted to move in a different direction.. Sowie didn't like it (understandably so). Then it was never going to work once he signed elsewhere.

Saint69

Juniors
Why do people think there is more to the story? The club wanted to move in a different direction.. Sowie didn't like it (understandably so). Then it was never going to work once he signed elsewhere.

Look a bloke plays over 160 NRL games and over 140 for his current club helped them to 2 Minor Premierships,wins a Grand Final and a World Club Challenge,plays SOO whole series and Indingenous All Star and you expect fans to just accept this as the goings on of a NRL club doing what they do and the fans go with the flow,I don't accept this as a separation and things carry on regardless,I respect Sowie for what he has given the club-see previous if anyone forgets and remember back to the field goal against Tigers 2010,for me the club gave up on this years finals months ago and obviously have no interest for the rest of this season.

cleary89

Coach
Would you rather Soward here in 2014 or Widdop?

Yes he's done all that, but time to go in a different direction. It happens.

Does anyone know if he will be playing in 2 weeks? Wouldn't mind taking a sign out to the next broncos home game for him.

Saint69

Juniors
Would you rather Soward here in 2014 or Widdop?

Yes he's done all that, but time to go in a different direction. It happens.

Does anyone know if he will be playing in 2 weeks? Wouldn't mind taking a sign out to the next broncos home game for him.

I actually wanted him Re-signed with the hope we would sign a decent half,the instant Widdop was announced I hoped Sowie would be the half going forward for the next 2-3 yrs.

I understand the new direction stuff not the give up half way thru the season stuff,they or you or anyone can try to justify it whatever way you like,our best and probably only chance of making the finals this year revolved around Sowie playing in the halves and once he was dropped so did our chances and expectations,you don't have to like it and I certainly don't but this is the reality and no team selection so far has made it even half palpable.

Look a bloke plays over 160 NRL games and over 140 for his current club helped them to 2 Minor Premierships,wins a Grand Final and a World Club Challenge,plays SOO whole series and Indingenous All Star and you expect fans to just accept this as the goings on of a NRL club doing what they do and the fans go with the flow,I don't accept this as a separation and things carry on regardless,I respect Sowie for what he has given the club-see previous if anyone forgets and remember back to the field goal against Tigers 2010,for me the club gave up on this years finals months ago and obviously have no interest for the rest of this season.

I completely agree. Jamie Soward was arguably the most integral player to our success in 2009 and 10.

One of my greatest moments in my life ever I spent in sheer jubilation with my kids watching Jamie Soward through the posts and watching THAT field goal sail between them and straight towards us against Tigers in 2010 major Semi. (posted about it on another thread) It still gives me tingles recalling it.

Twenty10, Imagine if every player left like this ...and we just shrug our shoulders.

The club, and being a Dragons faithful, would not mean very much.

Saint69

Juniors
I completely agree. Jamie Soward was arguably the most integral player to our success in 2009 and 10.

One of my greatest moments in my life ever I spent in sheer jubilation with my kids watching Jamie Soward through the posts and watching THAT field goal sail between them and straight towards us against Tigers in 2010 major Semi. (posted about it on another thread) It still gives me tingles recalling it.

Twenty10, Imagine if every player left like this ...and we just shrug our shoulders.

The club, and being a Dragons faithful, would not mean very much.

That 2010 semi was so painful and glorious all in one,I was at work on night shift on the other side of the country with radio and Internet the only means of keeping up with the live score whilst Supervising and Coordinating things at work and right at the end the commentary wasn't coming thru and I was on the phone to my wife and I kept saying did we win and she was Screaming yes and I couldn't hear so I kept asking and she said Yes We Won!The tears the tears,you know what I'm saying I couldn't believe it!A week later we went and and watched Saints win the big one after missing out in 99 and it was and is something we will always treasure being there,though I do look forward to the next one coming up soon,I hope!