What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That. Meant. Plenty.

The Colonel

Immortal
That one kick IMO will be the turning point of Chris Sandow's career at Parramatta. He is a confidence player. He will take plenty out of it.

As for Hindmarsh. Wow.

eel01s

Bench
He still has to have the ball in his hands more, especially on the 5th and last tackles. Too many times Sandow doesn't even get a touch in a set of six.

Chrissy, just back yourself mate.

Gronk

Staff member
Made me look like a f**kwit. (Stupid replies all welcome.)

As for Sandow, I always knew he would pay his way and I expect him to keep getting better.

Hold on. He took the line on a few times in teh second half and yes go got us the money, but he was hardly in it for most of the match.

In fact might I say that he shits me to no end how he crabs and then turns it inside to a flat footed forward. Waste of a ruck 9/10 times.

Q: Does Sandow actually have a money ball ? If so I haven't seen it yet.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hold on. He took the line on a few times in teh second half and yes go got us the money, but he was hardly in it for most of the match.

In fact might I say that he shits me to no end how he crabs and then turns it inside to a flat footed forward. Waste of a ruck 9/10 times.

That's was finch and Mortz favourites play too

The Colonel

Immortal

Ever the pessimist.......

strider

Post Whore
sandow did bugger all except kick the FG ... but i'd still buy him a beer for it :D

Gronk

Staff member
Ever the pessimist.......

Sorry did I say the wrong thing in your thread ?

Ok, great win. We needed that. How good was Morgan, Hindy, Paulo, Fui & Blair.

Sandow will win us a few with that drop kick over the next few years I suspect.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sandow hardly had a good game, even though we all knew he would win it with a field goal.

Sandow needs to run more if he wants to commit defenders for any kind of money ball, and he needs quicker play-the-balls in order to run more.

Allgood and Mannah gave us some roll-on tonight and Lussick will add to that.

Fui made good metres but landed on his back every time. Poore was very ordinary in attack, but made 40 tackles.

oldmancraigy

Coach

To be fair the crabbing thing is a flaw of the outside runners.
None of them "press" at a hole, and so there's nothing on for a ball player to "play". So the default (for any halfback in the NRL) is to turn it back inside to the moving forward.
Unfortunately 9/10 times it was Ben Smith who was immobile where he should've been mobile!

Thought our right side attack was woeful due to a lack of movement off the ball.
Left side saw plenty of action, and as a result they started getting confident and running onto the ball.

And Geoff Daniella was absolutely SHOCKING in defence tonight.

oldmancraigy

Coach

For years his "money ball" has always been the short ball to the running forward.

No running forward = no money ball.

If you watch the replay I THINK you'll see him pass said money ball to Ben Smith in the first half. Smith goes into a half gap.

Once he has that "option" his long ball is thrice as effective. And it all opens up for his running game.
To my untrained eye, it certainly looked as though they were ATTEMPTING to play Sandow alone on the right with options, and Hayne second pass on the left. I think they adjusted at halftime to have Hayne 2 wide right, but Ben Smith has a history of running bad lines as a right edge forward, and (for me) that continued tonight.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sorry did I say the wrong thing in your thread ?

Ok, great win. We needed that. How good was Morgan, Hindy, Paulo, Fui & Blair.

Sandow will win us a few with that drop kick over the next few years I suspect.

Should have expected as much..... do you blow out your own kids birthday candles?

Avenger

Immortal
Hindmarsh had his best game in a long long time. Morgan and Paulo had their best games for the club. Paulo is coming along nicely. I was very happy for Sandow, he has had an ordinary year but is a true halfback. Think about it when was the last time a halfback kicked a field goal for us to win a game. I can't think that far back.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hindmarsh had his best game in a long long time. Morgan and Paulo had their best games for the club. Paulo is coming along nicely. I was very happy for Sandow, he has had an ordinary year but is a true halfback. Think about it when was the last time a halfback kicked a field goal for us to win a game. I can't think that far back.

John muggleton. 40 out