What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That ref

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok so if you didnt watch the wheelchair final you missed the most unbelievable non playing incident of the tournament. The game had ref’s by an English ref on one sideline and a French ref on the other. Not sure if the bloke had bet his house on France winning or just lost it but he argued with the other ref, demonstrated up and down the sideline when decisions were made and at the end of the game went off big time!

I’ve heard of dodgy French refs back in the 60’s and 70’s test matches but have to say I’ve never seen anything like this guy! Bit of footage of him at end of game in link below and a fan photo of him flicking v’s and the bird at the crowd! I think it’s safe to say he’s officiated his last international game lol

9E124F64-038C-427E-AF23-DB56F359BE75.jpeg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Following one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever seen a5 a RL game the ref involved has been stood down for 2 years.

The match official who garnered worldwide headlines for his conduct during the Rugby League Wheelchair World Cup Final has been banned from officiating international matches for over two years.
Laurent Abrial, the French official whose outburst went viral, has been found guilty of misconduct and has been told he cannot official international rugby league matches again until the beginning of 2026.
Abrial was one of two main officials but was involved in a number of controversial moments, none more so than when he visibly demonstrated against a decision that had been made.