What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's Five George

Gotta hand it to them.. the Gymea Gorrilla's B Grade side faired well tonight.

Well done.

Raper has got some questions to answer.

The Popper

Bench
We had the most possession, the most completions, the least missed tackles, and still lost. The referee gave us two dud decisions against one to Newcastle IMO.
We just couldn't penetrate enough to win the game. The opposition seems to read Noddy's plays like a book. Time and time again the Newcastle defence lay in wait for Gallen and Co. off the inside ball. Dykes offers nothing. And now Bird is gone. Kearney, Albert & Co. were wanting under the high ball. I've come to the conclusion that Simmonds is the club's best option for fullback. I'm not a Simmonds fan and I realise that some of you will scoff at this, but I believe he is. Laiseni had a very ineffective game in PL tonight. He even seemed overawed by the Knight's PL opposition. Why, they even switched Nige there late.
All this said, I reckon 2006 is all but gone. While the Board dine out with the Federal Treasurer. Sort of like Nero fiddling while Rome burns, isn't it. :shock:
No wonder Raper doesn't drop anybody. There's hardly anyone to bring up. My pick in a well beaten PL team were: 3 - Puohotaua, 2 - Aitken, 1 - Kelly (replacement). They gave the award to Harlen, so that got me stuffed. Guess I just see the game differently to the powers that be.

Snorkleburger

Juniors
The Popper said:
We had the most possession, the most completions, the least missed tackles, and still lost. The referee gave us two dud decisions against one to Newcastle IMO.
We just couldn't penetrate enough to win the game. The opposition seems to read Noddy's plays like a book. Time and time again the Newcastle defence lay in wait for Gallen and Co. off the inside ball. Dykes offers nothing. And now Bird is gone. Kearney, Albert & Co. were wanting under the high ball. I've come to the conclusion that Simmonds is the club's best option for fullback. I'm not a Simmonds fan and I realise that some of you will scoff at this, but I believe he is. Laiseni had a very ineffective game in PL tonight. He even seemed overawed by the Knight's PL opposition. Why, they even switched Nige there late.
All this said, I reckon 2006 is all but gone. While the Board dine out with the Federal Treasurer. Sort of like Nero fiddling while Rome burns, isn't it. :shock:
No wonder Raper doesn't drop anybody. There's hardly anyone to bring up. My pick in a well beaten PL team were: 3 - Puohotaua, 2 - Aitken, 1 - Kelly (replacement). They gave the award to Harlen, so that got me stuffed. Guess I just see the game differently to the powers that be.
Saw the game tonight and agree 100% with your analysis (sadly). Hutch is a dead set passenger and all we play is predict-a-ball footy.

wittyfan

Referee
george.gif

I don't believe in stats!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Out of curiosity, what was the score in Premier League?

Hard luck tonight, guys. Was a tense game played in good spirits, and I'm just rapt that Newcastle could score a win against one of my least liked sides. Thought that the difference tonight were our rep players - particularly the work of Buderus and Johns at key moments. Looking at those stats pre-game, how can you not run Kearney in the halves?

Feej

First Grade
Don't we give the defensive side a lift!

The commentators on nine were, for the second week in a row, salivating over the great defense.

Great it was, but geez we make it easy for them!

chili pepper

Bench
CWBush said:
Out of curiosity, what was the score in Premier League?

Hard luck tonight, guys. Was a tense game played in good spirits, and I'm just rapt that Newcastle could score a win against one of my least liked sides. Thought that the difference tonight were our rep players - particularly the work of Buderus and Johns at key moments. Looking at those stats pre-game, how can you not run Kearney in the halves?

Absolutely. While we clearly dominated the game, we rarely threatened inside the attacking 20m. Newcastle always looked extremely dangerous in our 20

wittyfan

Referee
A bunch of old women could contain this Sharks outfit for at least two repeat sets of six.

Feej

First Grade
chili pepper said:
Absolutely. While we clearly dominated the game, we rarely threatened inside the attacking 20m. Newcastle always looked extremely dangerous in our 20
They gave us about 4 possesions in a row inside their 20, and it wasn't until the 5th possesion that we scored.

On the other side of the coin they always looked like scoring when inside our 20.

Mr Roper once again the interchange gives Mapp 10 mins, Hutch had about 30 mins, and that was 30 mins to long, couldnt even stop a halfback one on one, fair dinkum this guy is ordinary

Vicious

Bench
It`s obvious that the Sharks struggle to win a game without Dave Simmons, yet some of you lunatic supporters continually bag the bloke.

chili pepper said:

And why is that?

Lack of imagination?

Lack of a game plan?

One out running. Inside ball. The opposition read it like an open book. Let's look at tapes of when we were winning and follow THAT game plan. Pretty simple stuff really and if that means that someone has to make way well then so be it.

I don't care about egos or feelings anymore. This is a business and the business is winning.

Either George makes the balls call or he gets off to Centrelink. Straight f*cken forward.

On a bright note, my son's team beat their arch rivals tonight in atrocious conditions - 40 to 18.

One part of me is happy.

Fin077

Juniors
Never thought I'd say this, but when's Bailey and Simmo back?

Any chance next week?

Feej

First Grade
Coastal Shark said:
Either George makes the balls call or he gets off to Centrelink. Straight f*cken forward.
He won't make the call, he's scared of Kimmorley and he's pupperteered by the board.

Mr. Shark

Juniors
Sacking the captain is not the answer. I doubt we could have stayed in the game without him. Look elsewhere for the solution.

chili pepper

Bench
Coastal Shark said:
And why is that?

Lack of imagination?

Lack of a game plan?

One out running. Inside ball. The opposition read it like an open book. Let's look at tapes of when we were winning and follow THAT game plan. Pretty simple stuff really and if that means that someone has to make way well then so be it.

I don't care about egos or feelings anymore. This is a business and the business is winning.

On a bright note, my son's team beat their arch rivals tonight in atrocious conditions - 40 to 18.

One part of me is happy.

Lack of players in motion and decoy runners. We telegraph most plays in the attacking 20. That has to come back on the coaching staff