What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"That's not a forward pass you clown!"

Raiderdave

First Grade
The forward pass rule is applied to an inertial frame of reference. If you threw a bag of chips to your mate on a train, perpendicular to the motion of the train, it doesn't just hold still in the air then hit the back wall of the carriage. It retains the inertia that was given to it by the train with some minor losses.

Balls can appear to travel backwards from a moving object to an observer in a non-inertial frame of reference (a true non-inertial frame of reference is no actually possible given the earth is moving) but this requires the ball to be passed with an x-axis speed faster than which the passer is moving, which is why cut-out passes usually drift forward since there is too much of a y-axis component and too little of an x-axis component. Wind and general air friction play a part as well as how the ball is spinning.

Austin starts the pass movement with his hands out in front of him and they end up behind him. His torso is facing slightly backwards from the sideline. That's the definition of backwards out of the hands.

theres only 2 merkins in here youre explaining this to
the rest of us are across what is a forward pass & what isn't

as for the other 2

phhhttttttt hahahahaahahaha

The_Shield

Juniors
theres only 2 merkins in here youre explaining this to
the rest of us are across what is a forward pass & what isn't

as for the other 2

phhhttttttt hahahahaahahaha

It's funny. Everybody seemed to think Maloneys pass in the Sharks/cowboys game was forward, but it was no different to this one. This thread wouldn't exist if Melbourne threw that ball. Thurstons "NFL" pass was called forward, but in actuality went backwards, but no one is saying a word about that one

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I actually thought the Maloney pass might have been OK in the game day thread.

I would need to have a good look at the pass to know for sure though.

The Wighton binning was legit as f**k. Straight up professional foul. As deliberate as they come.

Your team lost because they weren't good enough to win it.

And what happened to your team again?

The binning was a hometown team call if ever I've seen one. Extremely harsh for a final, and it immediately decided the result.

We'll be even better next year though. I wish I could fast forward the summer.

The_Shield

Juniors
And what happened to your team again?

The binning was a hometown team call if ever I've seen one. Extremely harsh for a final, and it immediately decided the result.

We'll be even better next year though. I wish I could fast forward the summer.

Really???

That's a sin bin any day of the week. Jack Wighton would not let go of Koroibete, clear as day professional foul, it's not even debatable

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

The_Shield

Juniors
Seriously it is not that hard to throw a ball backwards. But everybody seems to be fine with having it travel forward. I don't get it

What does my team have to do with the Wighton binning being legit as f**k?

100% correct call though.

Edrick Lee doing his best Ben Hunt impression immediately decided the result.

Nothing, but it's fun to laugh at how crap your team is and sometimes you Donkey fans need to be reminded. Especially when you get involved in debates not concerning you.

Wighton let go of him quick enough as far as I'm concerned. He allowed Koroibete to his feet, and then Marika walked 2-3 steps directly into him to milk it. The ref fell for it, and was influenced by the ol' 10 finger salute by the Storm twats in support. If Munster does the same thing on the same night, it's not a sin-binning.

Many in the media think the better team lost, I tend to agree with them but I won't be losing sleep over it. Even if we won, we had 4-5 guys injured during the game. It was just not our night. We showed we're the most courageous club in the comp by staying in touch with the Storm. We'll be back though, and the rest of the comp will be forced to respect us next year.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Lol. Poor old Bob needs a box of tissues and a week off.

Your team wasn't dudded. They just simply weren't good enough on the night. Be a man and admit it

Then cheer up BB.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Lol. Poor old Bob needs a box of tissues and a week off.

Your team wasn't dudded. They just simply weren't good enough on the night. Be a man and admit it

Then cheer up BB.

Seems Canberra fans were happy with the team's performance. I would have been filthy. In the end, Wighton's dumb sin binning was the difference. They gave this one away and also the one against the sharks (2 dumb penalties).

It has been like forever Shield.

The motion of running forward can and does result in the ball floating forward over distance. As long as it is passed back from the hands, it is play on. Other factors such as wind can also impact where the ball lands.

If it's backward out of the hands the player has not thrown it forward.

Pretty simple really.

Seems Canberra fans were happy with the team's performance. I would have been filthy. In the end, Wighton's dumb sin binning was the difference. They gave this one away and also the one against the sharks (2 dumb penalties).
To be fair, they exceeded preseason expectation, were exciting to watch and whilst some dumb errors cost them, they should be proud of their side for 2016

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Doesn't matter if it was forward or not cos Edrick Lee is worse than Jarryd Hayne anyway and would have got tackled into touch or fell over his own face