What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's the season

K-Man

Bench
We're gone.
I can't see us making the finals after that. It's just pathetic that we can't start a first grade match properly. Every single week I think that surely we will turn up for this one early, really put in and perhaps even get the first try. But no, week after week we have to come storming home, and it's not good enough.

4 wins, 6 losses, 2 byes, well outside the top 8, still no Gidley or Cross, a lot of hard matches to come, all the teams above us are improving and we are on the decline massively.

I called it a few weeks ago - for all the potential and promise we were showing, when it doesn't get converted into points and with the outrageously difficult draw and key players missing right when we need them - the season can just slip away.

Anyone still think Bailey isn't worth $167,000/season? Of course he is.
That's peanuts for a player who could've been our starting lock next year as well as an extra option in the halves. He really sparked us tonight, such a classy player.
Fantastic buy from Manly. Tonight pretty much answered the question of how Baiey would go as a lock - fantastic in attack and defence. I think JM for one was always keen to see that.

Wish we could go back in time, snap him up and next year see -
1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. Naiqama
4. Lulia
5. Vuna
6. Mullen
7. Dureau
8. Simpson
9. Hilder
10. Cross
11. Houston
12. Paterson
13. Bailey

14. De Gois
15. Taia
16. Fa'aoso
17. Royal

Whats Doing

Bench
I will stand against most of the Knights fans and say Dureau is Sh$t. He has no pace, doesn't control the game as a half, spends most of his time at dummy half, kicks on the full and throws intercept passes.

We will not win a comp with him at half.

chinorocks

Juniors
Had to get those 2 points. Sitting outside the eight, having had 2 byes, played the Warriors twice, when we only play Souths once. I am staggered at how inept our attack is close to the line. We score all our tries 1 pass off the ruck relying on opposition missed tackles. Where are the set plays? Where are we creating uncertainty?

Also we are incapable of winning penalties. We get penalised more and get less than every team in the comp. A minute into the second half, ball stripped of Houston, no penalty. We have had at least 4 penalties go against us for the same thing this year, we haven't got one.

chinorocks

Juniors
I will stand against most of the Knights fans and say Dureau is Sh$t. He has no pace, doesn't control the game as a half, spends most of his time at dummy half, kicks on the full and throws intercept passes.

That was easily Dureau's worst game in first grade. Even discounting the errors he never looked dangerous.

General Knight

Juniors

Wouldn't call him sh!t yet, poor game from him today but I think it might be time for Walshy to come back. Isnt he killing it in reserve grade?

perverse

Referee
You Have To Hold The ****ing Ball To Win Football Matches. They Were Screwing Up Schoolboy **** Out There Tonight.

No Penalties, Heaps Of Drop Ball, ****ing Ordinary Defense. Disgraceful. Humiliating. Shameful.

darkness

Juniors
I never saw the game, and havent posted on here for a while, but my dont things swing around so quickly. I agree, Bails should have been retained but I doubt they would have been able to match what he was being offered, and he would have been crazy to stay here on less money. I disagree with you on Dureau not having seen the game, I like his skill and ability. They have just had a massive disruption to the side and it's far from the one that was very dominant a few weeks ago, but at least give it a bit of time to settle back in. This year was always a testing year, at least we know there is alot of potential and just hope the right choices are made to get the best team possible on the field.

Serc

First Grade
Dureau seemed to be a 2nd hooker for a large portion of the game, and Mullo played most of 1st reciever. Looked like a Smithy plan to me.

Average to poor performance from him, 'quiet' comes to mind as well.

perverse

Referee
it wasn't quiet. it was shithouse. if you can't catch a ball you shouldn't be in first grade. we created about 17 try scoring opportunities and dropepd the ball of all of them.

there are no words for what i'm feeling right now. so. ****ing. angry.

chinorocks

Juniors
Dureau seemed to be a 2nd hooker for a large portion of the game, and Mullo played most of 1st reciever. Looked like a Smithy plan to me.

Average to poor performance from him, 'quiet' comes to mind as well.

Yea even if you take out the errors he did **** all for the rest of the game.

Whats Doing

Bench
I have said in another thread that we will not win the comp with Dureau at half. He is too slow and doesn't have the skills to make uo for it. He doesn't control the game for a half back. The same goes for Walsh.

Whilst he has faults in his kicking game, Gidley is the man for the knights at half. He is extremley energetic, he gets the fowrards over the advantage line and has tremendous skill. His game against the Roosters is testimony about his value to the knights in the half back position.

The 13 , 7 and 6 should be Bailey, Gidley and Mullo.

perverse

Referee
can't point the finger at dureau tonight. it took nearly a whole team of bad performances for us to lose this one.

i'm just completely lost for words. the refs hate us. we can't catch. suddenly we can't defend. we have little to no structure in attack.

what the **** happened? can gidley really mean that much to us?

chinorocks

Juniors
can't point the finger at dureau tonight. it took nearly a whole team of bad performances for us to lose this one.

i'm just completely lost for words. the refs hate us. we can't catch. suddenly we can't defend. we have little to no structure in attack.

what the **** happened? can gidley really mean that much to us?

To be fair we have no structure in attack with or without Gidley.

perverse

Referee
I have said in another thread that we will not win the comp with Dureau at half. He is too slow and doesn't have the skills to make uo for it. He doesn't control the game for a half back. The same goes for Walsh.

Whilst he has faults in his kicking game, Gidley is the man for the knights at half. He is extremley energetic, he gets the fowrards over the advantage line and has tremendous skill. His game against the Roosters is testimony about his value to the knights in the half back position.

The 13 , 7 and 6 should be Bailey, Gidley and Mullo.
dureau has controlled every game he's played in at half for us this year. you're talking crap on the back of one bad performance.

oh and p.s - GIDLEY IS A **** ****ING HALF. HE'S CRAP. HE CAN'T KICK, HE HAS NO VISION AND HE CAN'T ORGANISE A TEAM. I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES THIS HAS TO BE PROVEN?

General Knight

Juniors
I wouldn't give up on our season just yet. We were winning games earlier on the year with ethusiasm and intensity as a foundation then the rest of our game grew from that. We were fielding a weaker team yet were winning against much stronger sides.

Now it seems like we have lost that a bit dunno if it's cause the boys are just tiring or getting into a comfort zone but Smith needs to show changes. He needs to start putting in some negative reinforcement, let the boys know they can't dish out that garbage and expect to stay in FG. I think the closest hes come to dropping anyone this year was Bailey to bench and that wasn't even due to poor performance.

We speak about this awesome depth we have this year. Well I think it's about time we start using that depth.

NthKnight

dureau has controlled every game he's played in at half for us this year. you're talking crap on the back of one bad performance.

oh and p.s - GIDLEY IS A **** ****ING HALF. HE'S CRAP. HE CAN'T KICK, HE HAS NO VISION AND HE CAN'T ORGANISE A TEAM. I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES THIS HAS TO BE PROVEN?

Agreed Pervy. Id hate to see Gids in the half role permanently, it would take too much away from his natural game and weaken our backline.

The scary thought that went through my mind when watching the game was how much Scottys play tonight reminded me of one B. Kimmorley *shudder*

Knights01

Juniors
That was deadset dreadful tonight. That spark that the Knights had in the early part of the year was no where to be seen tonight. Jarrod Maxwell made sure the game was played on slow motion (I couldn't believe how much time the tacklers had to get off the tackled player - it seemed an eternity)... in saying that though it was for both teams - but did slow play the balls help or hamper both teams... I am sure Cleary enjoyed a slow down game!!!

Newcastle just seemed to hit the ball up the middle and just hoped that the Warriors were going to tire. I do agree with most of you - Dureau had a below standard game - why was he at dummy half a lot??? He didn't nothing there - just shovelled the ball to the runner - gee Brian I can do that for $100 per game...

The boys haven't had a win for 4 weeks now - and we look pretty on the ladder - only due to the fact that we have had both our byes... and on that form tonight we'd be lucky to beat the bye!!

Our next 5 games are:

Bulldogs (away) - minus Origin players - hopefully on Buderus (with Hidler back)
Cowboys (away)
Roosters (home)
Manly (away) - minus Origin players - again hopefully only Buderus or maybe Gidley
Dragons (home)

We seriously need to win at least 3 of these games to keep in touch. That game tonight will come back to haunt the Knights I feel...

That was easily the worst performance of the year!

CHRIS BAILEY BACK TO 5/8 NEXT WEEK PLEASE BRIAN!!

On tonight's performance we'd be lucky to beat any of those teams!

Knight87

Juniors
We're gone.
I can't see us making the finals after that. It's just pathetic that we can't start a first grade match properly. Every single week I think that surely we will turn up for this one early, really put in and perhaps even get the first try. But no, week after week we have to come storming home, and it's not good enough.

4 wins, 6 losses, 2 byes, well outside the top 8, still no Gidley or Cross, a lot of hard matches to come, all the teams above us are improving and we are on the decline massively.

I called it a few weeks ago - for all the potential and promise we were showing, when it doesn't get converted into points and with the outrageously difficult draw and key players missing right when we need them - the season can just slip away.

Anyone still think Bailey isn't worth $167,000/season? Of course he is.
That's peanuts for a player who could've been our starting lock next year as well as an extra option in the halves. He really sparked us tonight, such a classy player.
Fantastic buy from Manly. Tonight pretty much answered the question of how Baiey would go as a lock - fantastic in attack and defence. I think JM for one was always keen to see that.

Wish we could go back in time, snap him up and next year see -
1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. Naiqama
4. Lulia
5. Vuna
6. Mullen
7. Dureau
8. Simpson
9. Hilder
10. Cross
11. Houston
12. Paterson
13. Bailey

14. De Gois
15. Taia
16. Fa'aoso
17. Royal

Given what has happened with the Luke Lewis situation, don't clubs have until Rd 13 to make a counter-offer to other clubs offers? If thats the case, I think I would definitely offer more than $167,000/season for Bailey. I'd top it up by another $20-30,000/year. I was still very dissapointed when I heard the Knights were letting him go.

Apey

Staff member
I felt like crying after that game.

****ing woeful. No urgency, no passion or pride to be found in that game. Apart from a few moments where we upped the intensity, it was complete rabble. We should have put 30 + on them.