What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2 French squads

JasonE

Bench
I agree with Ali that the squad which played Australia was probably slightly stronger, so the question is how many players from the team in Lebanon would be in the National test side ?

Frayssinous, Jampy, Carasco, Abasse, Hechiche, Van Snick and Greseque would all be in the squad plus then there is injured players who didn't play at all in Dulac, Sirvent & Elima.

yakstorm

First Grade
Still a significant number of players who missed out. May of been the difference between them scoring tries and being held out, and from what I heard France went close alot of times.

ali

Bench
JasonE said:
I agree with Ali that the squad which played Australia was probably slightly stronger, so the question is how many players from the team in Lebanon would be in the National test side ?

Frayssinous, Jampy, Carasco, Abasse, Hechiche, Van Snick and Greseque would all be in the squad plus then there is injured players who didn't play at all in Dulac, Sirvent & Elima.

Must admit besides for Jampy I don't know much about the others, despite the fact I've seen them named in numerous French sides of recent years. I guess we'll get our answer when we get hold of the French Euro Nations Cup squad. I'm a big rap on Elima, he would have helped.

JasonE

Bench
Dulac was a standout at the 2000 WC and again played well v GB in 2001 but I think he's injured atm.
I have a big rap on Fraysinous, very skilful 5/8 and combines well with Rinaldi, theyve played together for years.
Greseque is probably the most exciting thing in French RL and looked good at the World 7's as well.
Carasco is a good lock and played Academy football at Bradford but although he is a hard worker is perhaps a little too small to trouble the big teams.
One player I forgot who should be hooker is David Berthenese, ex French schoolboy international, very skilful.

Steve Mascord has a big rap on the winger Fourcade Abasse, he was Frence's best v NZ last year.

global13

Juniors
I just hope that we will see the best possible French team playing in the Euro nations tournament. It would be great to see them make the final of this competition.

From what I have heard about some of the players, I think Gresque is a must as well as Carrasco and Abasse. I would also like to see the guy who scored 10 tries in the game against Serbia. He must have a little ability.

When will the French announce their squad to play in the Euro Nations?

In-goal

Bench
I read somewere the Dumas the Cronulla player is still uncertain as weather to play test football with France or try for Australia, i would take France if i were him.

ali

Bench
In-goal said:
I read somewere the Dumas the Cronulla player is still uncertain as weather to play test football with France or try for Australia, i would take France if i were him.

He's dreaming if he thinks he's a chance of playing rep football in Australia. I don't think he'll even be in first grade next year. The other guy Dimitri Pelo who is joining us next year, supposedly goes quite well though.